Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is the impression, same as from the police conference.

She seemingly disappeared without a trace, and that might point to good planning, but I don't know if the same result could not be possible for a random/opportunistic attack, for a perpetrator who knows what they are doing and may have done it before.

I still favour the targeted attack myself though, especially if more that one perpetrator involved. Also maybe the police investigators have info that they have withheld from the general public that further substantiates a targeted attack.
Agreed

I can’t help but wonder if vicpol may be needing to further check certain alibis…
Perhaps the “media strategy” didn’t only relate to placing pressure on those directly involved in Samantha’s disappearance… if you catch my drift…. MOO

If VPOL already know who was involved in her disappearance, then they would also know of the cars they had access to? Would not need to look for just a random damaged car?
Probably not looking for a random car maybe they know what type of car it is and withholding information from the public. I doubt damaged car would’ve been mentioned if there’s nothing to it ?

Probably not looking for a random car maybe they know what type of car it is and withholding information from the public. I doubt damaged car would’ve been mentioned if there’s nothing to it ?
It is really not giving the public much to go on though, and a lot of people probably would not bother reporting a damaged car unless it aligned with something particular about the car, eg make/model or colour or some other identifying feature.

Maybe this is the point though, and this message about a damaged car is not meant for the public, but rather to rattle the perpetrators.

Damaged car is so very specific. Did they give any indication of what they think happened to the car?
They alluded to the probability that Samantha would have most likely struggled…. Just a thought: the police didn’t indicate whether vehicle damage was on the external or internal surfaces of the vehicle…. I wonder if that may have been left deliberately unclarified…? There was no mention of damaged property tonight, only a damaged vehicle…

It is really not giving the public much to go on though, and a lot of people probably would not bother reporting a damaged car unless it aligned with something particular about the car, eg make/model or colour or some other identifying feature.

Maybe this is the point though, and this message about a damaged car is not meant for the public, but rather to rattle the perpetrators.

Alternatively...maybe they actually have their eyes on some motorbike riders but are sending this out as a red herring?? Given they may get hundreds of calls about damage to cars and may be monitoring a person who rides a dirt bike's reaction.

Damaged car is so very specific. Did they give any indication of what they think happened to the car?
No vpol didn’t but on tonight’s show it was announced as another clue vpol is looking for a damaged car. The make and model wasn’t mentioned. As with the case of Carol Clay & Russell Hill it was just before the perpetrators arrest vpol mentioned what car they were after make, model and year

To me it sounds like she may have been run down by a car, whether accidental or not.
And yes it has happened that people were killed by a car accidentally and had their bodies hidden.

And yes there have been people who didn't follow the law and report it.
These days even an accident could mean serious prison time.

There is no such thing as an accident these days.

To me it sounds like she may have been run down by a car, whether accidental or not.
And yes it has happened that people were killed by a car accidentally and had their bodies hidden.

Can it be a hit and run and hide the body down an abandoned mine with no physical evidence left behind at the crime scene such as blood ? Just wondering ? I did make a comment in previous threads if any a
tyre marks were left at the suspected area of SM disappearance ??

Can it be a hit and run and hide the body down an abandoned mine with no physical evidence left behind at the crime scene such as blood ? Just wondering ? I did make a comment in previous threads if any a
tyre marks were left at the suspected area of SM disappearance ??
I haven’t heard anything about tire marks specifically but I do believe a comment may have been made on the snow tonight about possible vehicle damage like broken lights/broken glass? Can anyone else verify or refute this recollection?

“If Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 4 or later, or Apple Watch Ultra or later detects a hard fall while you’re wearing your watch, it will tap you on the wrist, sound an alarm and display an alert. You can choose to contact the emergency services, or dismiss the alert by pressing the Digital Crown, tapping Close in the top left-hand corner or tapping “I'm OK”.

“If your Apple Watch detects that you’re moving, it will wait for you to respond to the alert and won’t automatically call the emergency services. If your watch detects that you’ve been immobile for about a minute, it will make the call automatically.”

“After the call has ended, your watch will send a message to your emergency contacts with your location, letting them know that your watch has detected a hard fall and dialled the emergency services. Your watch gets your emergency contacts from your Medical ID.”

“Falls are automatically recorded in the Health app, unless you reply that you didn't fall when your Apple Watch asks. To check your fall history, open the Health app on your iPhone, then tap the Browse tab. Tap Other Data, then tap Number of Times Fallen.”

Sorry if any of this had been mentioned before but there have been so many threads… my thoughts:

1. If SM was wearing the watch as expected, and she was struck to the ground by a vehicle or person, an emergency call may have been activated assuming her watch was a current model, SM had the feature setup and she wasn’t moving for around 1 minute.

2. If SM was moved within the 1 minute mark (e.g. put into a vehicle) emergency services wouldn’t be automatically called. They would also not have received a call if someone heard the loud warning tones from the watch and cancelled the emergency service call. I wonder if emergency services received a call?

3. It would be interesting what is recorded in SMs health app. Could possibly be linked to another one of SMs devices at home eg iPad.

4. Perhaps the family got a fall alert from the watch (assuming SM had them setup as emergency contacts) which prompted them to call the police so quickly?

5. Perhaps the location coordinates helped police focus on a particular area?

The watch would be a critical piece of evidence.

Perhaps it was accidental!
Though, I think the absence of a body goes beyond just not fronting up to a Police station eventually after a hit and run situation. If it was accidental in the first place but then a body has been moved to another location... well this would heighten the paranoia and will definitely play on someone's mind. In their mind it has gone from being a stupid accident to now jail for many years...just an accident in the first place....that's got to play on someone's conscience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop