Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Age is saying that Magistrate Michelle Mykytowycz issued the interim suppression order (on his name), and The Age and others opposed a defence suppression application.

The defence said it is the accused's first time in custody, and he is at risk of self harm.

The magistrate said it was a high profile case, and the accused is entitled to a fair trial.

The accused has been remanded in custody to appear in court at a later date (whether that means the August date, or a sooner date, I don't know - sooner if he goes to the Supreme Court to apply for bail).

imo

I agree with the comment it's to do with power, to wreak vengeance for a perceived lack of power, specifically one which has aggrieved him: one theory is rejection by women - a common enough occurrence I thought it worth mentioning. I have seen instances of just how angry it can make a man, revealing their deep seated issues. Her age wouldn't be relevant going from her picture and 51 isn't that old.
Difficult to believe he could work himself up to such a rage with a stranger. At 22, he has hardly experienced much in the way of such deep seated fury. Then again, it's just as likely he saw her as weak, a woman, someone who would not fight back, or could not do much damage to him , a perfect target, in that respect. Maybe he is a born psychopath, ( which I suspect ) and none of this matters, he merely wished to kill, today is the day. That's it.

Are these other cases definitely linked? So he has a history? If SOCIT is involved in another case, he would have been a person of interest from very early on.
There's no middle name on the SOCIT related and it's in a different area (albeit same state)...

I don't think they can be deemed related unless further links are drawn to the accused.

Can anyone law-ish tell me if the "Informant" listed here is referring to a literal informant, as in possibly the person who informed police of the suspect's guilt, or is "Informant" some other legal term here?

It is the police officer who is bringing the charges.

We looked into this in great detail in another case.

Here is a link that mentions it.
  • the police officer in charge of prosecuting the case, sometimes called the police informant

Mr Tamanika said releasing the name could cause prejudice to his client, who had been suffering from poor mental health since he was arrested.
The defence lawyer asked for suppression order on above grounds.

Can anyone law-ish tell me if the "Informant" listed here is referring to a literal informant, as in possibly the person who informed police of the suspect's guilt, or is "Informant" some other legal term here?
Normally, this usually is the Senior Constable who outlines the case to the magistrate.

It certainly would never be the person who came forward to the police in the matter of the suspect., that is absolutely closed, protected information. It would be a very short lasting police force who put those names on the charge list.

I was thinking the same thing Trooper, he probably walked a even little taller than the others. Happens when you have a Dad that pulled on an AFL geurnsey, no matter how short that AFL career might have been...
A maladjusted young Aussie male with an AFL connection. Literally dumbfounded
I will be very intrigued to see how the fraternity come in to bat for this cretin.

In this instance the informant would refer to the person "informing" the court which I believe is usually the arresting officer or someone similar

It is the police officer who is bringing the charges.

We looked into this in great detail in another case.

Here is a link that mentions it.
  • the police officer in charge of prosecuting the case, sometimes called the police informant
You're awesome, thank you so much. I figured it was a silly question but had to ask.

I will be very intrigued to see how the fraternity come in to bat for this cretin.
If the usual thing happens, by tomorrow morning, the Herald will be full of young blokes in wife beaters telling us what a great bloke he is. .. it never fails and I predict it may even begin before morning.

same answer re informant - edited as already answered.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJ

When Cy Walsh killed his dad, Adelaide Crows coach Phil Walsh, they discovered he had "undiagnosed schizophrenia" and put him in a secure psychiatric facility instead of prison.

He was even allowed UNSUPERVISED day trips into Adelaide, until they got concerned about his mental health.

They are going to review him again next month, see if he feels better and can go out on those day trips again.

Last edited:
Mr Tamanika said releasing the name could cause prejudice to his client, who had been suffering from poor mental health since he was arrested.
The defence lawyer asked for suppression order on above grounds.
Apologise if this is wrong for posting this. "Mr Tamanika said releasing the name could cause prejudice to his client, who had been suffering from poor mental health since he was arrested." What about Samanthas family. For whatevers sake. lets wake up society, of course he is in "poor mental health". HE JUST GOT CHARGED WITH KILLING SOMONE. Iwould be in poor mental health if I got caught. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody