Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I picked up in that presser - Patton was asked (I'm paraphrasing the first part): "Was the man charged known to Samantha and her family" and he replied "He wasn't known to the family".

That could mean all of them, or it could mean he was known to Samantha?
That question was asked too, and he said not to my knowledge, or words to that effect

One thing I picked up in that presser - Patton was asked (I'm paraphrasing the first part): "Was the man charged known to Samantha and her family" and he replied "He wasn't known to the family".

That could mean all of them, or it could mean he was known to Samantha?
IMO, all that means is, LE have not been able to ask SM whether or not she knew him.

The police have a bad habit of being precise, it's very confusing to people, like the news media, who like to pretend they know everything, even things no one can know.

JMO

Hmm interesting - no body and accused hasn’t given them the location of the body, BUT police are certain she’s dead and it was murder. They must have some sort of evidence.
ya think??.. To charge someone with murder, in Victoria, requires a really hard , long list of unarguable facts, which are put before the Dept. of Public Prosecution, pored over by DPP lawyers, who then submit it to a judge, who gives the nod to the Vic Police to charge the offender forthwith. It isn't done on a whim. Circumstantial evidence is considered hard evidence, and people currently are doing life on circumstances that pointed clearly to their guilt.

Quite a few blokes in AU are , as I type, serving life without parole without disclosing the whereabouts of the body of the women ( it's always women ) they murdered, Chris Dawson, Paul Wilkinson, etc...

The suspect lives at Scotsburn and the alleged attack was at Mount Clear.

IMO Murderers will often move a body away (in a different direction) from where they live to distance themselves from the crime.

I am wondering if the nearby bushfires West of Mount Clear 2-3 weeks after Sam disappeared may have been intentionally lit in an attempt to dispose of evidence?

Source on child *advertiser censored* is SOCIT doing active work on the suspect who has been on their radar for quite some time. Will see if more comes of it.

But info I have is they were on drugs, driving super recklessly around and he has crashed his car multiple times.

Not a one off in terms of the drug driving/driving wrecklessly etc.

Will be interesting to see if all is true in the coming time though.
I believe these attached upcoming cases may be what you were partially referring to, with the SOCIT charges?

Looks like a couple of hearings are showing up for a ( P O. S )There is no specific identifying info on the magistrates case lookup (i.e. DOB, middle name, middle initial, etc).

The rest is likely hearsay at this time, without you providing a source.

Edited to retract name since there's talk it's ordered to be suppressed, after the cat was let out of the bag. Trying to comply...replaced with initials, which seem fitting for what he is.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to why no one consider asking about a possible link to deliberate attack on Sissy Austin's attack one year ago?
Also, of note, and in my wonderful graphic design work, I've circled where he was arrested vs where she was attacked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307_161453_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240307_161453_Maps.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 34
Thank you. Now we all know not to use his name on this thread. I don't think anyone has yet, and I imagine all of the media will now do retractions in their articles ... which should reflect in our links.

imo
Why would they suppress his name ?
Ok, to protect his family, but everyone else has their name mentioned & has to endure the horribleness attached.

I feel terrible for the family. I for one did have my doubts about the innocence of MM.

My theory now is that the police left it out in the open and almost made it sound like they are suspecting MM/ close family/ friend (saying they are all persons of interest, the perp most likely didn’t act alone, MM not suspect at this stage, raiding the family business) so that the actual prep felt a sense of relief and moved a bit freer and opened up a bit more. This could have possibly led to the final straw and the arrest?

I'm curious as to why no one consider asking about a possible link to deliberate attack on Sissy Austin's attack one year ago?
Also, of note, and in my wonderful graphic design work, I've circled where he was arrested vs where she was attacked.

I was waiting for that question that never came as well

It's sounding like Samantha was run down by a car, but not by accident :eek:
I wonder if they’ve crossed paths on her run and she’s had a go at him about something “slow down!” “Look out mate!” Could this have been handed in as evidence from someone else?

He’s then lined her up and put the pedal down… a deliberate attack.

Gosh who knows!

Curious if Sissy's attacker is the same guy or not, doesn't appear to fit the description.

Rest in peace Samantha. Devastating outcome. Hoping the location of her body will be disclosed for her family and friends :(

Curious if Sissy's attacker is the same guy or not, doesn't appear to fit the description.

Rest in peace Samantha. Devastating outcome. Hoping the location of her body will be disclosed for her family and friends :(
I don’t think so, doesn’t fit the same hallmarks. That perp made no attempts to cover up to my knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper