Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I probably should have put the iPad down while the press conference was on and focused on it properly! I’ve gotta watch it again cos I’ve missed a bunch I reckon cos I was stupidly websleuthing at the same time.

What a fool I am, minds going a thousand directions and non seem to be straight lol.
Oh goodness it's all good! I didn't mean to come across as rude, apologies if I did. I have my phone talking to my folks about it, listening to presser and doing death stares the goanna that got my mum's chook eggs.
My mind is reeling too, this is a lot of information to process. I'm feeling incredibly sad for the family.

One thing I picked up in that presser - Patton was asked (I'm paraphrasing the first part): "Was the man charged known to Samantha and her family" and he replied "He wasn't known to the family".

That could mean all of them, or it could mean he was known to Samantha?
He was asked specifically about Samantha, and I can't remember the exact wording but it was basically to the effect of 'not to my knowledge ' and that they believed they were not known to each other.

One thing I picked up in that presser - Patton was asked (I'm paraphrasing the first part): "Was the man charged known to Samantha and her family" and he replied "He wasn't known to the family".

That could mean all of them, or it could mean he was known to Samantha?
A journalist asked him to clarify if he was known to Samantha and not the rest of the family, and he said he was not known to Samantha or the family.

I didn't hear any question on whether they believed it was a random and opportunistic attack or whether Sam as a person was specifically targeted in this "deliberate murder".

Maybe I missed it, but would have been good to have asked, even if it was shot down with an answer on not being able to discuss these specifics.

Vale Sam.
Heartfelt sympathy to all - to Mick, her friends and the Community who rallied for her.
Music festival? ..must be hit and run..
Not according to Chief Commisioner Shane Patton: Police charge man with murder in relation to Ballarat woman Samantha Murphy | ABC News
quote:
When asked if police will be alleging Samantha Murphy's death was the result of a hit-and-run incident, Chief Commissioner Patton says no."

"He has been charged with murder so by its definition we're saying this was a deliberate attack on Samantha," Chief Commissioner Patton says.
He won't go into the details or an alleged motive given the matter is before the courts."
end-quote

EDIT, added quotes from the live presser.
& moo

Last edited:
Accidental hit and run has been ruled out, suspect does not know SM or the family, she was attacked while out running. Leaves me with one motive in particular :(
MOO

Randomly crossed paths jogging? Opportunistic case of sexual assault and murder to leave no witness. The fact it happened in the morning in broad daylight is quite scary. You never are safe alone at any time.

He has known for over 2 weeks now that she was likely dead he is more then likely is shock and also grateful and relieved that he finally has some answers
In My opinion MM has had enough accusations thrown at him for a month. He now REALLY knows his wife will never be coming home. I say lets just leave him alone. I feel so much for him. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member