Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not a hit and run, but is intentional, as stated... could it be the type of thing where potentially high on drugs, either films or has someone else in car and says "hey dare me to take out this runner?" I'm sure I've seen videos before of crazy young drivers doing live Snapchats etc driving erratically, film cuts out, and they turn out to have an accident

The alleged murderer lived at Mt Clear. He was arrested in a house in Scotsburn.

“The man, from Mount Clear on Ballarat’s southern fringe, was taken into custody from a home in Scotsburn just after 6am on Wednesday.”

He allegedly murdered Sam in the Mt Clear area.

“According to court documents, the 22-year-old man allegedly murdered Ms Murphy within the Mount Clear area — where he resides — the day.”

Thanks for the link Toots …

So from the link we know he is not cooperating with the Police at all, and it was a “no comment” response to all the questioning ….
Police must have some good evidence!!!

IMO

Now I wonder if the police would be putting an undercover in a cell with the accused to try gain his trust and find out where the victims body is , or if by saying that you have mental health concerns about the accused , the defence has managed to keep the accused away from main stream prisoners and on his own to prevent anything like that happening ?

One thing that comes to mind regarding the case - during a previous press conference why did police say with such certainty that there was no threat to anyone else?

Very good point mama. Likely looking elsewhere at the time? I wonder how long they've been tracking this guy or if it came about from the recent change of direction.

Lawyer advised it’s the male’s first time in custody, so you can rule out the connection to those other cases in Melbourne.

We will get leaks etc over the coming months from the local community. We should know a lot more before it hits court, but will be slow with pieces coming out over time.

I guess the big question from many, is why. I’d expect some details to come out from others as mentioned above which might help us paint the ‘why’.
The Sissy case has not had a POI or suspect, so thus that can't be ruled out. Sweeping statement mate.

One thing that comes to mind regarding the case - during a previous press conference why did police say with such certainty that there was no threat to anyone else?
They said there was 'no evidence' of a threat to anyone else. This was true. Just because someone has committed a crime, doesn't mean they are going to do it again, especially while police are out there searching for them.

IMO, police do not encourage random, unfocussed, irrational public fear - the public are quite capable of generating lots of that on their own. Imagine how they would get whipped up to a frenzy if the media got the teeniest, tiniest hint of such a thing from 'official' sources.

JMO

Could be few things, power, sexual nature

He seems to have a history and looks like he's living at home

Where's his Mum and Dad in all of his upbringing ?

And now knowing he has murdered a lady, mum, just going about her business, not to mention whether she was sexual violated

and the piece of crap is not co-operating with police to reveal where her body is
Maybe he'd rather they don't know exactly what he did to her.

They said there was 'no evidence' of a threat to anyone else. This was true. Just because someone has committed a crime, doesn't mean they are going to do it again, especially while police are out there searching for them.

IMO, police do not encourage random, unfocussed, irrational public fear - the public are quite capable of generating lots of that on their own. Imagine how they would get whipped up to a frenzy if the media got the teeniest, tiniest hint of such a thing from 'official' sources.

JMO
Im not sure how they can say there was no threat to anyone else before he was apprehended. Samantha's murder appears to be a random attack. How can police be sure that he would do it again. Terrible to think that he could have attacked another woman because people were comfortable going running in the area again.

Im not sure how they can say there was no threat to anyone else before he was apprehended. Samantha's murder appears to be a random attack. How can police be sure that he would do it again. Terrible to think that he could have attacked another woman because people were comfortable going running in the area again.
i agree. I find this irresponsible as well. If I lived in the area, I’d rather hear to take caution when entering the forest and travel in pairs or groups rather than putting myself at any potential risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn