Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's unfair we keep judging Mike on how he acted in the presser without knowing him personally. There could be a multitude of reasons he didn't show emotions ranging from he's cold blooded killer to he's camera shy and freaked out to he's autistic and doesn't show his emotion. We have no idea who he is we don't even know what he's like in everyday life.
Are you saying he is autistic or just summising? JMO

I wonder why they didn't want any dash cam footage before 7.00 am? JMO

Is it their belief the perpetrator/s drove into this bushland area after SM jogged in - because they were already in the area? Had tracked SM's through online monitoring?? JMO

Would there be any benefit of seeing dash cam footage before 7.00 am of cars approaching the entrance to this area (Eureka Street end or even the Mt Clear end)? Just wondering??

If it was planned are they suggesting the person driving is already sitting in the Canadian Plantation - waiting??

How long before SM would they be already there? hours?? MOO

Upon looking at the photo again from CCTV of SM with the infamous bag of “poo”, it almost looks like she is smiling-is someone near I wonder?
Does anyone else notice this?

Attachments

• IMG_6609.jpeg
    IMG_6609.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 24
Are you saying he is autistic or just summising? JMO
From the post it sounds like this post is listing various reasons he might not show emotions. They didn't say he was autistic, they said he could be, could be camera shy, could be that he killed her. Those are all good reasons a person might not "act" like we think we would in the same situation.

I wonder what the 7pm is about.

Those who were travelling through the area, particularly between 7am and 7pm on February 4, who may have dashcam footage have also been urged to review it for any sight of the missing mother.
“I encourage anyone who does have information that could be relevant to this investigation — whether that’s a person or vehicle seen in the area on that day, something unusual such as a damaged vehicle or property — to please come forward and speak to police or provide the information via Crime Stoppers,” Hatt said. .
Link

Last phone ping?
Last GPS reading?
Last time both or either device was showing on any platform?
Something about a suspicious vehicle being seen somewhere?
Something else?

My guess would be that whatever the time of the last event of interest, they added 2-3 hours to make sure they didn't miss anything. But that's just a guess.

My guess would be that whatever the time of the last event of interest, they added 2-3 hours to make sure they didn't miss anything. But that's just a guess.

You know,
it reminds me of a surgeon who adds a margin of healthy tissue when cutting off cancerous mass.
Oops, sorry, but it makes sense.

Police investigating the disappearance of missing mum Samantha Murphy will use mobile phone tower data to identify the movements of people in the area at the time.

Detectives will scour data from the Ballarat area in Victoria’s Central Highlands where the mother-of-three was last seen on the morning of February 4.

It is understood police will use the data to find out who was in the area before probing their backgrounds for potential new leads into the missing persons case.

Police have already combed through tens of thousands of hours of CCTV footage, as well as hundreds of information reports to officers.

The result has been a community left divided by “unfounded and salacious finger-pointing” according to people speaking with the Herald Sun.

Police investigating the disappearance of missing mum Samantha Murphy will use mobile phone tower data to identify the movements of people in the area at the time.

It is understood police will use the data to find out who was in the area before probing their backgrounds for potential new leads into the missing persons case.
Disappointing the police haven’t been doing this since Day 1?! WTF IMO?

Well the watch stopped at Mt clear and wasn't found . Apple watches show a fairly accurate last location before the battery dies. She would likely have fitness app records her heart rate and all sorts of stuff to do with running. I don't think the perp destroyed her watch or the battery went dead I have a feeling It broke due to high impact maybe run down by accident or on purpose. The perp never took the watch off her or turned (destroyed) the phone until 5pm.
Can you please share a MSM link re the watch stopping at Mt Clear? IMO that is an assumption but happy to stand corrected? It would be good info to confirm as fact if we can.

Edit: I agree re 8am and Mt Clear, police made it clear something happens at that time IMO. Just not sure we can say the watch stopped?
It could have increased pace to vehicle speed, sudden change in direction, pulse increased, or stopped, or something else. It could also have been phone data not watch data that changed at that time (or both). All we know is something happened to focus police on this place & time, not the what, IMO.

Last edited:
Can you please share a MSM link re the watch stopping at Mt Clear? IMO that is an assumption but happy to stand corrected? It would be good info to confirm as fact if we can.

Edit: I agree re 8am and Mt Clear, police made it clear something happens at that time IMO. Just not sure we can say the watch stopped?
It could have increased pace to vehicle speed, sudden change in direction, pulse increased, or stopped, or something else. It could also have been phone data not watch data that changed at that time (or both). All we know is something happened to focus police on this place & time, not the what, IMO.

But wasn't it reported that the only later ping was of the phone?
What about watch's signal after 8 a.m.?

But I'm not an expert of smart watches.

Mine must be in Bluetooth connection (a few metres) with my phone to show correct time.
But, of course, it shows steps, health data, etc without a phone.
I'm not sure it sends Gps signal by itself without a phone.

I have to study these matters :)

I don’t think there’s anything stated anywhere about the phone stopping or smart watch flatlining at 8am, those are just guesses as it seems IMO fairly clear something happens to the phone data around 8am at Mt Clear for police to hone in on that time and place.

The watch flatlining could just mean it’s come off SMs wrist, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything about SMs health. Some posted the theory SMs pulse could have spiked.

It could also have been a change of pace to indicate SM’a devices around 8am started travelling at a much higher speed than jogging,
Implying SM (or at least SMs devices) were in a vehicle. IMO

It seems that something changed in the data at 8am but what that was, the police have not stated.
Thank you so much Toowong/s ... you are a genius. So essentially, we have NO FACTS in this case. Great. And thank you so much for the info re the flatlining watch. A friend of mine yesterday said to me that it doesn't mean she died ... it just may mean that it couldn't read her anymore. So, interesting that the police were so quick to say that it is unlikely she is still alive ... I wonder what that's really about ...

I wonder why they didn't want any dash cam footage before 7.00 am? JMO

Is it their belief the perpetrator/s drove into this bushland area after SM jogged in - because they were already in the area? Had tracked SM's through online monitoring?? JMO

Would there be any benefit of seeing dash cam footage before 7.00 am of cars approaching the entrance to this area (Eureka Street end or even the Mt Clear end)? Just wondering??

If it was planned are they suggesting the person driving is already sitting in the Canadian Plantation - waiting??

How long before SM would they be already there? hours?? MOO
Excellent observation ... if there was a perp he may have been in the bush all night!

I wonder if there is protocol about gaining everyone's phone details from their phone company or the tower data, which has stopped them from looking at it so early. As it is wild if this is the first time they are touching upon this information/lead.

Disappointing the police haven’t been doing this since Day 1?! WTF IMO?

What they are speaking of is a tower dump. Which is different from telecomms inquiries about specific phones.

Now ALL of the metadata from a tower(s) for a specific time range will be dumped into files for investigators to tediously go through. It will take a very long time, considering the amount of people who live in the area and the amount of phone metadata there will be.

I have yet to hear of a case where this has happened on Day One.

All the metadata will show is the time different phones were pinging in the area, then they have to find out who owns the phones so they can see who might be a likely POI. Then they can investigate those unknown people further.

In the case of CS (in WA) they found one single ping that identified TK in the area when CS disappeared. But that tower in a remote area (at around 3am or so) had very little metadata to look at, in comparison to the Ballarat area.

imo

Last edited:
“It was four weeks yesterday since Samantha Murphy went for a run, and now police are going to look at the mobile data in the area, in the hours since she disappeared,” Wilson said.

“(When) police have that data, they are going to explore the backgrounds of each of those people. (whose phone pinged). Trying to find a new lead in this case.

“It is a case that has baffled detectives, so far there have been very few leads. Police have been using the mobile data of Samantha Murphy up until this point — but not anyone else.”

“There are unconfirmed reports her phone pinged in the afternoon she went missing. In the weeks after, it helped police narrow it down to a very particular search area.”

MOO, the rumoured 5pm ping is perhaps just that, a rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr