Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, the talk about SM having a confrontation the night before she disappeared could well involve the alleged perpetrator. I am thinking if he hit her in a car then he would have had to act quickly to remove the body because a search for SM commenced pretty early days. If he has acted alone in this alleged crime then he was not to badly affected by any activities from the night before.
Is a woman still missing from Ballarat who went missing in December? Do you know where missing Ballarat woman Sarah is?

I don’t have much legal experience but wouldn’t a lawyer involved in such a high profile case with worldwide coverage advise their client to disclose where the body is ? The gamble of withholding the information in this case where the police have used the charge of murder against the accused seems pointless?? What could they possibly be hoping for in regards to any kind of defense or reduction in sentence in this matter ?? Jmo

Is he planning to plead not guilty?

I do think police will eventually find her now they have his phone and car.

My guess is that she saw him doing something shady or illegal and maybe even took a photo of him to warn other runners. He saw her and tried to get the phone off her and there was a struggle. I think he was wandering in the bush coming down from his bender.
I don’t know - would a woman alone in the forest with no one around really put herself in the situation where she would stop and photograph a man doing something untoward?? Jmo

I have no doubt that Mr Tamiko has advised his client accordingly. Some clients are very very difficult. Mr Tamiko would have pointed out the slight advantages the client may attract by a spirit of co operation with the police at this stage of the game when the game is well and truly over, probably over and over again, with varying degrees of emphasis and persuasion. This is a lawyers job, and there is no reason to doubt Mr Tamiko's competency at this point. ..

it is my opinion that Mr Tamiko is well and truly earning his fee, in spades.
He might be holding out for a deal where the police would reduce the charge to manslaughter. I hope the police stand firm though.

If he does't get a deal, I think he would eventually give up the body location in order to not forfeit parol, but this could take a very long time to play out, maybe right up to the trial date.

Highly likely. If he had one, he probably does not remember it, or at least, now that he has killed, the urgency of it all has faded, along with the thought process that led up to it. He probably would not ever reveal those thought processes, because it would reflect badly, most likely , on the image he projects himself as.

We've all met that projected image, the happy go lucky sporty bloke, tradie, all round party guy, Dad's boy, Mum's chicky, prince of the village, wicketkeeper, etc..
Hi Trooper, really enjoy your input and comments. Have you much knowledge of "schemas" in psychology. I presume you would. But you are definitely on the right path. Originally there was, If I remember correctly only 4 schemas. but that has evolved into many more. But I certainly believe you can get a real idea of someones traits, states and personality idiosyncrasies from the original 4 when analysing a person. JMO

I agree. I feel he was on foot too. When I watched the investigative program on TV, they made it sound like her last location was not accessible by car. I haven't looked at any maps of that location, though
IMO - I’m thinking this too, perhaps tried to SA her & she fought back & he knocked her out & had to go back to get his car to use it to hide her body & then either told someone or took footage. Wild idea, I know, I’m just not convinced of the deliberate hit with his car theory. I guess we’ll find out in time. MOO

The mother-of-three worked in the uniform shop of St Francis Xavier Primary School as a volunteer.

Her accused murderer, Patrick Orren Stephenson, attended the school as a child while Ms Murphy also worked there, 7News reports.

Police had previously stated that Ms Murphy and Mr Stephenson had never met despite living nearby.

Mr Stephenson is a similar age to Ms Murphy’s oldest child, daughter Jess.

Before their relationship took a turn for the worse this week, Stephenson and his girlfriend - who studies veterinary technology student at Charles Sturt University - were seemingly loved-up and embarked on adventures typical of couples their age.

IMO - I’m thinking this too, perhaps tried to SA her & she fought back & he knocked her out & had to go back to get his car to use it to hide her body & then either told someone or took footage. Wild idea, I know, I’m just not convinced of the deliberate hit with his car theory. I guess we’ll find out in time. MOO
On the UI program, they mentioned that Sam ran into trouble right at the point where she usually turned around. It was suggested that the attacker knew this was her turn around point, and knew what time she usually arrived there. It could've just been speculation, though.

I wonder if the turn around point is somewhere near another track, or near a car park.

At one point, the line to sign a condolence book that will be given to the Murphy family stretched about 100 metres.

In fading light, the crowd held up their phone torchlights in silence, reflecting on a tumultuous month for the regional city.

“After everything the community has done, it’s had a big impact on everyone,” said vigil organiser Jasmine Krause.

“Yesterday was a sad day in Ballarat,” Hudson told the silent crowd.

“We have lost someone who made a real contribution to the Ballarat community.”

CSI season 2 episode 21 'Anatomy of a Lye' is what I'm thinking happened here. <modsnip: name calling not allowed> who accidentally drove into a woman on a morning run after a night of drinking and drugs who, instead of calling for paramedics, ended up deciding to either kill her himself or let her die in fear he would be arrested and his entitled life in ruins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you all think this was him alone or do you think there is someone else involved? I can see it being a lone attack if he was lying in wait, but if those partying on the Saturday night/Sunday morning are true, I can also see that a vehicle may be involved (perhaps travelling back from Ballarat). If a vehicle was involved, then I do not think he was alone in the vehicle and that is why he is not saying anything.

Do you all think this was him alone or do you think there is someone else involved? I can see it being a lone attack if he was lying in wait, but if those partying on the Saturday night/Sunday morning are true, I can also see that a vehicle may be involved (perhaps travelling back from Ballarat). If a vehicle was involved, then I do not think he was alone in the vehicle and that is why he is not saying anything.
I do recall police saying they were looking for more than one person:

Makes me think they had one or more people under surveillance:
"There's no intelligence or evidence to suggest that there's any risk to anybody else," he said.

@boomburger : Possibly Samantha's death was a hit and run, but I'm leaning more towards a stalking scenario ?
Awful either way.

LE may be able to add 'premeditated' to the charges !

Hoping her body can be located soon.
At least her family has some answers.
Omo.
My utmost condolences to her family and friends.

CSI season 2 episode 21 'Anatomy of a Lye' is what I'm thinking happened here. <modsnip: name calling not allowed> who accidentally drove into a woman on a morning run after a night of drinking and drugs who, instead of calling for paramedics, ended up deciding to either kill her himself or let her die in fear he would be arrested and his entitled life in ruins.
I think something similar. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
@boomburger : Possibly Samantha's death was a hit and run, but I'm leaning more towards a stalking scenario ?
Awful either way.

LE may be able to add 'premeditated' to the charges !

Hoping her body can be located soon.
At least her family has some answers.
Omo.
My utmost condolences to her family and friends.
I am finding the stalker scenario hard to believe now, given his Saturday night antics. We don’t know what time he stayed out until, but if he was actively engaging in the white powder, it suggests a late night to me, and in my mind he wouldn’t be awake early enough to be stalking Sam that morning. IMO

I do recall police saying they were looking for more than one person:

Makes me think they had one or more people under surveillance:
"There's no intelligence or evidence to suggest that there's any risk to anybody else," he said.
Thank you and IIRC the police have never said that the public are at risk? If, as some have opined that he may have laid in wait and this was a possibly sexually motivated attack, IMO the police would not have released that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties