Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a possibility as well of an accidental death from someone, e.g she got bit by a car on her run as from my understanding it was beside a road her running route. And this person wanted to cover it up and dump the body somewhere therefore turning the phone off as such ?
I think until she's found, there's the possibility of almost anything from natural to accidental to deliberate harm and/or obfuscation of harm. There's just so little to go on.

MOO

Is there a possibility as well of an accidental death from someone, e.g she got bit by a car on her run as from my understanding it was beside a road her running route. And this person wanted to cover it up and dump the body somewhere therefore turning the phone off as such ?
You make a good question, there that's a big possibility accidentally kill someone you cover up the crime, but they would be evidence glass blood or something even when you cover up a crime to that magnitude you're always miss something unless there's nothing there

You make a good question, there that's a big possibility accidentally kill someone you cover up the crime, but they would be evidence glass blood or something even when you cover up a crime to that magnitude you're always miss something unless there's nothing there
Agreed I came to that same thought process. It just feels like this has foul play written all over it

MOD NOTE:

Please review the links below this post for guidance about approved sources. Random Facebook groups are not approved sources - posts from there are considered rumor and can not be discussed here. There has been no confirmation in MSM or from LE. Posts have been removed.

Following.
Sounds like a stalker and not an animal attack, for her to disappear without a trace.
Animals leave drag marks, and possibly blood or bits of torn clothing ?

Hope the very distraught family has answers soon !

Camper saw Samantha Murphy on day before disappearance

She saw 'strange, disheveled' man in forest earlier

Both Ms Agheli and her boyfriend said they heard strange sounds overnight on Friday, prompting Michael to even sleep with a cheese knife under his pillow.

'On Saturday morning Michael said ''I don't feel comfortable here, we should go, I kept hearing things last night, let's pack up and go'',' she said.

'It takes a lot for a man to be scared.'

Possibly related ?

Last February, Sissy Austin, 29, was battered unconscious by an unknown man as she jogged through nearby Lal Lal State Forest.

The photo at above link is sickening. :(
Someone is targeting women.
My first thought was robbery, but it doesn't sound like their belongings were taken ?

Wondering if it's the same person -- if foul play happened to Samantha ?
Omo.

Sounds like a stalker and not an animal attack, for her to disappear without a trace.
Animals leave drag marks, and possibly blood or bits of torn clothing ?
Australia doesn't have many big animals capable of dragging an adult.

Apart from Crocodiles and there are none in the area that Samantha went missing from.

Doesn’t sound like she even went for a run. Is it actually proven? Do police know for sure eg security cameras that she ran somewhere? No one seems to have seen her running on Sunday.
This has been my lingering issue as well
I really hope LE will verify the remarks made by the couple camping in the area

Doesn’t sound like she even went for a run. Is it actually proven? Do police know for sure eg security cameras that she ran somewhere? No one seems to have seen her running on Sunday.
This is what I can’t get past. I suspect the same. No sightings on that morning is too strange. Based on what we know (very little) and the actions of the search being scaled back (somewhat suddenly) my suspicions are that police are much closer than has been let on. Feel terribly for so many. IMO

Yes. I was just thinking today about all of the kerfuffle to do with accessing Theo Hayez's GPS data. IIRC Theo's family ended up getting the GPS access.

The police in this case sure could use Samantha's GPS data right now, if not yesterday.

imo
Maybe they have that data, and are checking it out. IMO investigators won't necessarily release all information which they have to the public. IMO, apart from checking out Samantha's GPS data, they'll also be checking out phone numbers of anyone else whose phone pinged in the same locations. JMO

Missing people have been found only metres from a track after more than 2 searches. SES have stated this is one of the largest areas they've scoured.
I remember the recent disappearance of Samantha Bulley in the UK. Whilst she was found in the river, the police had decided to stop searching the river days before she was found saying it had already been extensively searched.

I wonder also what types of wild animals live in these forests and if they’d be large enough to be able to move a body? IMO

disagree. I would be in hospital on meds if anything like this happened to my DH.
I wouldn't be. I have kids to worry about. They take precedent. I'd hope he'd be the same if I was the one who went missing. Don't worry about me worry about the kids!! All I'd be thinking about was how my kids were and that they were being taken care of if I was unable to.

A couple who were camping in Ballarat at around the same time that mum Samantha Murphy vanished have said they came across a man in bushland who “scared the hell out of us”.

I had thought this too re hit by a car, cover up, dump the body and dump the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Almoney