Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the article I can get a better understanding of why it was closed down. Part of me still thinks there could be another reason for it to be closed down. Another part can understand the creators reasoning.

As SouthAussie mentioned a lot of nasty stuff happens on these kind of groups. I have been a member from the start of another case‘s FB group, the case is of 4 murdered college students in the USA, and let me tell ya, that page is crazy! Proper wild! Ive Talked to one of the creators and the amount of time she and the other creator have to dedicate to the page is unreal. The page had at one point over 250k members, a little more than 20k but still, The time and dedication to properly run and administrate a group like this can be full on. I can understand the want and desire to delete the group, esp if it was literally only created to better organise volunteer searches, and it somehow morphs and manifests into this whole other beast.
That site was so crazy. Egos and no-one could ask proper questions. The person who set it up even made a video saying how many followers she had!!!

Would Police have done such a huge search for multiple days if they weren’t certain she had left for her run?
Yes , I do believe VICPOL would do exactly that, no stone unturned, no theory dismissed, no rumour ignored, no whisper too soft. VICPOL can, and do huge searchers that go on for months. Overland, Air Wing, Heli squad, they are a bit like the Mounties, they never give up. They get their man , or woman, as the case may be.

That doesn't say anything about the likelihood of a given panel beating business being dishonest. It certainly doesn't say anything about the one owned by the Murphys (in Victoria).

Their website shows that they are the preferred repairer for 13 (named) insurance companies.
One would think that they would be staying on the correct side of the law. imo

We expect potential repairers to:
  • Demonstrate best practice solutions to repairing our customer vehicles
  • Offer priority service, high quality repairs and cost synergies
  • Have a convenient location
  • Employ qualified, competent and experienced personnel
  • Be legally compliant for probity checks within your business
  • Demonstrate the necessary facilities and equipment for QBE’s services
  • Have sustained business experience and practices with partners like QBE
  • Commit to working with QBE’s Motor Assessing systems and requirements
  • Comply with the Motor Vehicle Insurance and Repair Industry Code of Conduct and relevant state and federal law.
Information for repairers

That site was so poorly moderated. The person who set it up made out the police wanted her to do it. It got heaps of randoms out searching, someone even asked to borrow a horse so she could search. Posts hinting that maybe Samantha didn't actually leave home were deleted. Thank goodness for Websleuths!

Not going to lie, it brought me here. Long time reader of Websleuths only I never felt the need to join until this case, which is a little too close to home.

I was blocked from the FB group on day 4 or 5 after the owner started a 'TW/sensitive' chat so people could speculate off the main page. So I did that, speculate, respectfully! Only to end up booted. Anything that strayed from their freak accident in the bush narrative was immediately shut down.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

“It’s just a whole time thing at the end of the day.”

I don’t really understand that line, what is just a whole time thing? Like your wife missing? I’m assuming he means the longer she’s out there the worse case it will be but the language choice bothers me as it sounds a bit cold. MOO

Their website shows that they are the preferred repairer for 13 (named) insurance companies.
One would think that they would be staying on the correct side of the law. imo

We expect potential repairers to:
  • Demonstrate best practice solutions to repairing our customer vehicles
  • Offer priority service, high quality repairs and cost synergies
  • Have a convenient location
  • Employ qualified, competent and experienced personnel
  • Be legally compliant for probity checks within your business
  • Demonstrate the necessary facilities and equipment for QBE’s services
  • Have sustained business experience and practices with partners like QBE
  • Commit to working with QBE’s Motor Assessing systems and requirements
  • Comply with the Motor Vehicle Insurance and Repair Industry Code of Conduct and relevant state and federal law.
Information for repairers
Note the words: “Private Repairs” - Services We Offer | Inland Motor Body works

So the husband might know a guy that knows a guy?
Stolen vehicles, dodgy insurance claims, money laundering - all part of illegitimate smash repairs businesses run by “clean skins” that have links to the under world. I stand by my belief that her disappearance is linked to the smash repair business that she co owns.

Stolen vehicles, dodgy insurance claims, money laundering - all part of illegitimate smash repairs businesses run by “clean skins” that have links to the under world. I stand by my belief that her disappearance is linked to the smash repair business that she co owns.
I can very much get on board with this.

Rumours should be treated as such, however sometimes it’s funny what you hear through the grapevine from reputable sources.

Whats that old saying, sometimes where’s there’s smoke there is fire?

But sometimes smoke is just that, hot air IMO

I can very much get on board with this.

Rumours should be treated as such, however sometimes it’s funny what you hear through the grapevine from reputable sources.

Whats that old saying, sometimes where’s there’s smoke there is fire?

But sometimes smoke is just that, hot air IMO
People should say such things under their real name and address for service.

And if customers are paying in large amounts of cash, rather than using insurance then that opens the door to money laundering as the bank is less likely to ask questions.
I don't think anything that has money anywhere near it can be ignored as a motive, a reason, a deal. People do dreadful things, for very small amounts of money, this is a well documented event, men, and women, and under the counter money especially is prone to being discovered by the wrong people. Their business has been going for about 60 years which gives them a lot of rep, but people get ambitious, you know,. it happens.. not saying in this case, but your theory is not totally off the wall...

further to my wondering if they were separated but sharing the home,
if living separate lives, could she have met and been dating someone else,
maybe over the christmas covid period, and had decided she wanted out?
trying to find a scenario where /why she may have been subjected to violence?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

“It’s just a whole time thing at the end of the day.”

I don’t really understand that line, what is just a whole time thing? Like your wife missing? I’m assuming he means the longer she’s out there the worse case it will be but the language choice bothers me as it sounds a bit cold. MOO
Yes, a strange comment. I wasn't quite sure what he meant. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member