Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After just watching the press conference, it seems that Police are keeping most of the information close to their vests.

I suspect that nobody has been ruled in or out yet, many of the good questions that were asked were "dodged" with a no comment.

I got the impression that Police already know a lot more than they are saying but I could be wrong?

I thought they said at the start of the stream her family would be talking but not answering questions. I might have misheard, I'm working and listening at the same time
I heard her say that also, but then the stream ended once she finished.
Yes her husband and daughter spoke. the Ballarat Courier live streamed it on their FB.

i read somewhere police often give live press conferences with the family of the missing person so they can study body language etc as well as an appeal for public information,
not sure if thats an australian or american or other countries strategy though

Her husband, Michael, has now revealed why he has remained mostly hidden from the public eye in the days since his wife's disappearance.

'I've been speaking with the police and I've been advised not to say anything,' Mr Murphy told the Herald Sun on Wednesday.

The panel beater said he was doing 'ok' and wasn't worried about the commentary surrounding the search because he doesn't 'even look online'.

The police advised him not to say anything but did they also advise him not to look for Samantha ?

Press conference details here
When press asked if people should be worried about going out running in that area the response was something along the lines of "I'm not going to tell people what they can and can't do. I'm just going to say that at the moment there are no suspicious circumstances that have been identified. It's up to people to assess their safety and comfort levels.

And press asked if mine shafts were figuring into the investigation. The response was "not at this point".

This is all making me wonder if LE already has a "theory" in mind and it involves someone they have their eyes on. Or they think that she just took off for a new life.

The emphasis on 'no suspicious circumstances' really has me wondering about what LE believes.

About time!! I noticed she had a smart watch on when they released the last photo of her on the second day she was missing!!!!

Or they think that she just took off for a new life.

The emphasis on 'no suspicious circumstances' really has me wondering about what LE believes.
I tend to incline that way, although not so optimistically. Perhaps because the officer talked about bringing relief to the family, or something along that line.

JMO

Nearest tower is my understanding and could be in a radius of around 17km from the tower.
one thing I remember from another case is how far the distance can be from a ping off a phone tower, compared to GPS tracking. Km’s compared to a matter of meters.

a 17km radius doesn’t really help anyone, from Samantha’s place to Scotchmans Lead is somewhere around 13kms.

Lets hope LE has access to Samantha’s google account if she had one, or any other form of gps tracking app.

Husband and daughter speak at 11.19

I'm in tears watching this :(
The daughter was really tough to watch, you could feel her pain through the screen.

The part at 5:50 where the officer was asked about a Samantha’s movements at a Ballarat hospitality venue prior to her disappearance. I wonder What that’s about? And I think I’ve seen too many YouTube body language vids but the way the officer uses the word “yeah” first to shut down the question. “Yeah I don’t have anything to provide comment on that at this time” Are her words. I wonder if it’s got no basis To it, why you wouldn’t just answer with a swift no, or like She did to the question about the old mine shafts being apart of the investigation, where she said straight as an arrow “not at this point”.

Attachments

• IMG_7769.jpeg
    IMG_7769.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 19
Smart watches generally need to be manually synced with the phone app to transfer the gps and running data. I wear a Garmin for running and have to open the app on my phone for it to sync. Not sure about other brands of watches though.

How many km from her home did the phone ping? I don’t know the area but could a person get easily lost? I originally thought it could be a medical episode.

Another observation I made is that on a hot day doing a long run, most runners would carry hydration or wear a hydration vest. Unless there were known water stops along the route she ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay