Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a panel beater, right?

People who work metal often don't wear wedding rings, for safety.

My partner's dad never wore one. He worked sheet metal for forty years. I think my stepfather only did once he stopped working in welding and other metal working jobs.

MOO

And he may not be as svelte as he was when he got married, and kinda grew out of his wedding ring. And it has been sitting somewhere in the back of his sock drawer for some years.

imo

(My brother never wore his wedding ring either, he had an auto repair shop for many years. Too much danger of the ring getting caught when he was having to jam his fingers into tight places)

It seems like it’s a small area, could be just 50 square km max. I doubt they wouldn’t have found her if she was in that area, since they had been looking for days. If it was a much larger forest, I can imagine they missed her. But how would so many thousands people searching miss her in a small forested area with lots of traffic?
“Those in Sunday’s search party repeatedly remarked how easy it would be to miss something even just a metre off the road.”

It's different for a woman though, isn't it? Unless she also happens to be a metal worker.
According to their work website she handles the administration. It says she is the backbone of the office and her roles include book keeping, finance, keeping mick in line plus many more.

Maybe she gets on the tools and gets the hands dirty, can’t say for sure though.

And he may not be as svelte as he was when he got married, and kinda grew out of his wedding ring. And it has been sitting somewhere in the back of his sock drawer for some years.

imo

(My brother never wore his wedding ring either, he had an auto repair shop for many years. Too much danger of the ring getting caught when he was having to jam his fingers into tight places)
I love the word “svelte” lol

Also some people lose their wedding rings. I worked with a few people that have. Also had a friend who worked in the food industry and lost his wedding ring while making filo pastries.

For those who are thinking family may be involved....
If the police had cctv footage of Samantha leaving the house on day one, then they would also have footage of anyone else leaving the house as well. In addition, they would have been looking at family members' mobile phones to make sure the evidence is corroborated. Hypothetically, if one of the family members had left the premises, according to cctv footage but without their mobile phone then an alibi would be required. It sounds like everything checks out. Hence, there is "nothing suspicious" and any family members being involved can be disqualified. JMO.

I ended up not being able to wear my wedding ring because I developed an allergy to the metal.
Seems it is quite a common thing.
I stopped being able to wear my rings because I react to my own perspiration and moisture underneath, my skin gets soft, irritated, and can even blister. I can only wear my smart watch for a day or two in a row before I get a big, red square where it rests. This developed when I was an adult, I had no problems in my teens or younger. Also, having put weight on in middle age, a lot of my rings don't fit anymore, anyway. Tl;dr, people sometimes don't wear their rings for a lot of reasons.

MOO

This Herald Sun article from yesterday says that the Herald Sun understands that Sam's watch has an SOS feature, and also a fall detection feature, and was likely linked to her phone.

The HS also understands that fresh information from metadata led to the change in search area on Thursday - when the search focus shifted to Mount Helen.

Has the house been searched?. A few years back a young guy disappeared in Geelong and after many months was found deceased under the house. Also, why hasn't any other family of Samantha come forward i.e. parents, brothers, sisters etc?. I have a feeling about this matter and it is not good. Not much business for smash repair businesses for nearly 3 years duringt covid lockdowns!. Increasing mortgage rates. Could have been conflict over financial matters. Who knows but people just don't disappear!. Where police alerted early to her disappearance by her family or her friends ?.
IIRC a previous post noted that police were alerted pretty quickly, when she was a no-show for the planned brunch. Apparently the brunch attendees rang Mick, and he rang police.

I ended up not being able to wear my wedding ring because I developed an allergy to the metal.
Seems it is quite a common thing.
I’m 30 years married next week,and for a bit of time I lost weight, couldn’t wear them, got them resized, got fatter, got resized again, and am now just regular sized and wear them except when baking or cooking with my hands. I’m 52. I reckon theres a good 5/6 years in there I didn’t wear them simply bc they were too big or too tight. Or maybe the engagement ring is too expensive to wear every day. Love to have that problem!
I can also imagine Mick not wearing his bc of his line of work, and it would just get in the way.
My point is, dont judge. There’s a myriad of reasons folks don’t wear their marriage bands.

Last edited:
I stopped being able to wear my rings because I react to my own perspiration and moisture underneath, my skin gets soft, irritated, and can even blister. I can only wear my smart watch for a day or two in a row before I get a big, red square where it rests. This developed when I was an adult, I had no problems in my teens or younger. Also, having put weight on in middle age, a lot of my rings don't fit anymore, anyway. Tl;dr, people sometimes don't wear their rings for a lot of reasons.

MOO
You mean this is a legit thing I always assumed it was just another symptom of my eczema when I had to stop wearing my engagement ring for this reason.

*Editted to add my grandma only ever wore her rings if she was dressing up to go out

MOO
Yea I have family who can’t wear rings also get irritation and dermatitis even when they wear gold

Has the house been searched?. A few years back a young guy disappeared in Geelong and after many months was found deceased under the house. Also, why hasn't any other family of Samantha come forward i.e. parents, brothers, sisters etc?. I have a feeling about this matter and it is not good. Not much business for smash repair businesses for nearly 3 years duringt covid lockdowns!. Increasing mortgage rates. Could have been conflict over financial matters. Who knows but people just don't disappear!. Where police alerted early to her disappearance by her family or her friends ?.
It was years until he was found under their house
Years that his sister has spent running a missing person's charity and looking for him and chasing down reported sightings from the public, even moving interstate for a while to follow a sighting she was very convinced of
Then his dad found his body when cleaning around the house foundation
I struggle to imagine how traumatising that was for all of them
Somehow everyone had gotten it into their head that he was enamoured with homeless culture and had left to live that way

The family blamed the police for not using sniffer dogs on the property
Does anyone know if sniffer dogs have been used on Samantha's home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersnooper001