Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it in several articles, feel free to correct me if you find otherwise, thanks.

Are you able to post a link with the specific ping time please? I am reading every article I can find looking for a timeline, and am yet to see any specific time for that ping.

I have seen "later that day" which could mean any time after 7am.

I have seen what tower the phone pinged on.

And, more specifically, I have just posted the police refusal to give a time and location of the ping from the phone.

imo

This is all the theories - on the list - have they missed any that were discussed here. MOO

Also mentions the 5pm ping as well. IMO

**edited to add additional information

Are you able to post a link with the specific ping time please? I am reading every article I can find looking for a timeline, and am yet to see any specific time for that ping.

And, more specifically, I have just posted the police refusal to give a time and location of the ping from the phone.

imo
i just looked and found it on the find samantha murphy fb page

These are 50 plus year old people who have probably worked hard their whole lives, and may have bought, sold many homes in their time together. Add to that, they seem to operate a successful business, and that properties double in price approximately every 10 years. Owning a 2 million dollar property is not unusual, they may well own other properties.

IMO
I hear you. however when the median house price in Ballarat is 500-600k I don’t think it’s that usual IMO.

The business if successful, put together with an expensive property might be worth looking into. By that I mean could Their business put another out of business, or could their lifestyle create enemies of people who can’t afford that kind of lifestyle Etc.

Also it’s something I’m sure LE have looked into, but when there are businesses and properties that have a fair bit of money involved then I’m sure kidnapping and insurance claims should be considered. I know there is know sign of kidnapping, but who knows, maybe something went wrong in the process. I’m just thinking out loud.

i read on their website they recently moved to new state of the art premises and are Ballarat leading insurance workshop. So again. There’s a lot of money around. Which to me can add a whole different layer. All MOO

This is all the theories - on the list - have they missed any that were discussed here. MOO

Thanks, @nightrider17.

This article says "around 5pm" for the ping. :)

It doesn't name the source, but hopefully it is a reliable source.

i just looked and found it on the find samantha murphy fb page

Yes, someone earlier mentioned it might have been FB where they read it. But they didn't say if it was an official source who would actually know the time of the ping.

The police refuse to say, as stated in the recent DM article. Let's hope that the DM wasn't doing its usual thing of publishing unverified info from FB.

imo

imo

-scroll down the page
and/or refer to screenshot
-Note, not the best source, I'm doing assessments and my eyes are crossed

Attachments

• 2024-02-11.png
    2024-02-11.png
    529.1 KB · Views: 31
-scroll down the page
and/or refer to screenshot

Thank you.

It is important to know where information is coming from ... so we can gauge its potential accuracy.

The DM regularly posts info and photos from FB. So we never know if the information is accurate (according to official sources) or not.

imo

Yes, someone earlier mentioned it might have been FB where they read it. But they didn't say if it was an official source who would actually know the time of the ping.

The police refuse to say, as stated in the recent DM article. Let's hope that the DM wasn't doing its usual thing of publishing unverified info from FB.

imo

Thanks, @nightrider17.

This article says "around 5pm" for the ping. :)

It doesn't name the source, but hopefully it is a reliable source.
to be frank, probably the best source would be : Appeal for any CCTV or dashcam footage to help find Samantha

Thank you.

It is important to know where information is coming from ... so we can gauge its potential accuracy.

The DM regularly posts info and photos from FB. So we never know if the information is accurate (according to official sources) or not.

imo
no worries, seeing as they quoted a psychic who was to have reknown for being a bit of a charlatan, I'm rather dubious

Last edited:
I hear you. however when the median house price in Ballarat is 500-600k I don’t think it’s that usual IMO.

The business if successful, put together with an expensive property might be worth looking into. By that I mean could Their business put another out of business, or could their lifestyle create enemies of people who can’t afford that kind of lifestyle Etc.

Also it’s something I’m sure LE have looked into, but when there are businesses and properties that have a fair bit of money involved then I’m sure kidnapping and insurance claims should be considered. I know there is know sign of kidnapping, but who knows, maybe something went wrong in the process. I’m just thinking out loud.

i read on their website they recently moved to new state of the art premises and are Ballarat leading insurance workshop. So again. There’s a lot of money around. Which to me can add a whole different layer. All MOO
Yes I understand where you're coming from :)

Well documented..... the big three for motive.. Money, Sex and Religion. I was surprised at the size of the business, and the price of the home, not that they have not earned it, or don't deserve it, but it put them out of the ordinary , which is what I thought they were. They are not in the ordinary level. The median house price tells us that.

And they would both be insured to the max, her as much as him, she is a key part of his business, he is her business, and then there is the property, so it is something that cannot be ignored,, really. All things considered.

Well documented..... the big three for motive.. Money, Sex and Religion. I was surprised at the size of the business, and the price of the home, not that they have not earned it, or don't deserve it, but it put them out of the ordinary , which is what I thought they were. They are not in the ordinary level. The median house price tells us that.

And they would both be insured to the max, her as much as him, she is a key part of his business, he is her business, and then there is the property, so it is something that cannot be ignored,, really. All things considered.

Now just means and modus operandi, the million dollar questions.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that they can afford that property with their business alone.

Perhaps they inherited money from their parents? Maybe they're in debt? Who knows. Interesting theory.

There is certainly precedent of wives and businesses .... Novy Chardon, Karen Ristevski are two that come to mind immediately.

The forensic accounting will have to be done, the personal connections will have to be checked, the work connections (disgruntled staff?) will have to be checked.

Which may lead to nowhere, or somewhere. Or maybe the leads about rough people in the bush are panning out.

imo

Now just means and modus operandi, the million dollar questions.
Well.. I'm stumped on those two :p But these things gradually emerge , and things become clear. Already, she is out of the ordinary, in the time elapsed of managing to keep her whereabouts secret. This is not as easy as it sounds, and frankly, I find that one hard to accept, that she has gone anywhere off piste voluntarily, much less planned. It is possible, but improbable, to me. Yes, people do go underground, it does happen, but...not this time. I don't think.

I find myself chilled about her state of existence. I don't want to be, but it requires a real effort to suspend one's instincts to believe otherwise now.

Maria Korp lasted 4 days in the boot of a car , parked under the trees around the Anzac Shrine in Melbourne, Feb 13, to 17th, same kind of weather.... she was alive when found but never regained consciousness...

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that they can afford that property with their business alone.

Perhaps they inherited money from their parents? Maybe they're in debt? Who knows. Interesting theory.

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility either. Since the worst of covid, new car prices have been and continue to be really high. The result of supply vs demand.

Businesses that deal in keeping used/owned cars looking good and running well are thriving. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoriVee