Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a group called Friends of the Canadian Corridor, the forest where it is thought that Sam did her running. I have attached their very informative January 2024 newsletter, it gives an insight into the Canadian Forest, with quite a few pictures of the forest itself.

I’m obviously naive and it’s more the likes of ASIS, ASIO and ASD in Australia who have the ability to track/ identify peoples movements in a short time frame. Because i‘d expect by day 6, they’d have the history of all her previous runs and the details of her run on the day she went missing.

Yes, the big agencies have big fish to fry, just like the NSA and their business isn’t saving ones or twos.

In the US, we see the FBI using their CAST system to prosecute people for local crimes. Does our police force have access to anything like the FBI CAST system and can they use this with out having access to the phone?

In his favour, right? He didn't invent an exercise habit out of nothing to explain sudden disappearance while home.
I don't think he had anything to do with this, never have.
I tend to think she either got into trouble physically/had an accident (would have thought she could be found if this was the case though) or it was a stranger attack.

I don't think he had anything to do with this, never have.
I tend to think she either got into trouble physically/had an accident (would have thought she could be found if this was the case though) or it was a stranger attack.
If it's the same person who knocked out the other woman in the other forest, he's escalated. He's either lured Sam off the track or moved her afterward. And there will be more.

Surely by now the spooks over at Pine Gap would have given access to satellite tracking over the area day and night, and picked her up on her run.....

I recall that's what they did with Ivan Milat, of course, long after he was charged, they got the film of those days in the Belanglo Forest, and sure enough there was his car........

If people have confirmed seeing her on Saturday (previous day) during her run and the mention of a suspicious man in the area. Wouldn't it be wise to ask for footage of the day before also? That would give LE a chance to piece together her route and/or this suspicious blokes whereabouts. Just a thought.

I think there is some specific reason that the police have told the media that they want to review CCTV from 7am to 7pm on Sunday. I don't think the police tell the media anything unless they have a police reason for doing so.

imo

Surely by now the spooks over at Pine Gap would have given access to satellite tracking over the area day and night, and picked her up on her run.....

I recall that's what they did with Ivan Milat, of course, long after he was charged, they got the film of those days in the Belanglo Forest, and sure enough there was his car........

...As an aside two fellows I know had the misfortune of coming across Ivan Milat, and the fortune to use their wits. One was hitchhiking in Campbelltown to some big concert, I think about two weeks or two months before Milat was caught by police. He had picked up a ride with a gentleman in a distinct truck. When he got in the car, he got that,"be wary," feeling. He told Milat that people were expecting him at a some time on x day, and that knew to be concerned if he hadn't showed. He said it probably saved his bum. Adding, he recognised the truck on the news after the arrest.
The other is my 70 yo neigbour. He and his wife were hiking in the state forest in Belango.
went to a lookout and a random stranger appeared out of the bush. What was odd is that he hadn't come off a trail and on their way in, Russ noticed some blue tarps in grass and miscellaneous items. Not unusual, but he also got the,"Something didn't seem right." He was relieved to see a gaggle of tourists come to the lookout. He and his wife booked it out of there. Sometime later they saw the news of Ivan Milat being arrest. Apparently, Russ' face blanched. As one's face probably would.

Now, I'm pretty sure these stories are true. They were told with conviction and when I asked them about it again, a few years later, the stories married up with what had been told from the past. I'm glad Milat had been caught, he was an evil man.

Last edited:
I think there is some specific reason that the police have told the media that they want to review CCTV from 7am to 7pm on Sunday. I don't think the police tell the media anything unless they have a police reason for doing so.

imo
Perhaps, due to the mobile phone having last been pinged at 5:00 pm that day.

I just don't see VICPOL enouraging volunteer searchers to go into the forest, if there is a slightest chance of a 'dishevilled ratbag' roaming around and a woman missing.. It seems to me to be sending in some sort of bait, and that is not what VICPOL is about, it would cause more chaos than they are dealing with... I do not doubt the womans story of her assault. Not for one moment. But the police would up to speed about that, or they would be sending in the fully armed Kalishnikov armoured division, with army backup..not backpacker equipped searchers......

Perhaps, due to the mobile phone having last been pinged at 5:00 pm that day.

I don't know where the 5pm is coming from.

Perhaps both of Samantha's devices shut down just before 7pm.
Perhaps someone significant (to the police) was MIA until just before 7pm.

This is from an article published today .....

"It's understood a local mobile phone tower registered a ping from Ms Murphy's phone on Sunday after she disappeared but police refused to say more about the timing or location of the phone."

imo

Last edited:
What’s the kind of profit margins on a panel beating business do you think? I literally would have no idea, I know nothing about cars or panel beating tbh. Just looking to see if anyone has any kind of knowledge on that kind of business.

Would it have the kind of margins to be able to afford a 2 million dollar property in 2021? No inference here, just a curious mind wandering around somewhat aimlessly lol

There is only about an hour of sunlight left, ..sunset at Ballarat is around 8.28,pm but quite a lot of soft light before that, long summer sunsets. A day of no results, and that is dispiriting. 'Lost in the Bush' the strong undercurrent of Australian horror stories, children lost, wives lost, People write songs about folks lost in the bush, a bit tear jerky, songs about those found, I might add....

This is a small clip of when Lillian Ip was found back in 2023. Miracles do happen. Not often , but they do.

What’s the kind of profit margins on a panel beating business do you think? I literally would have no idea, I know nothing about cars or panel beating tbh. Just looking to see if anyone has any kind of knowledge on that kind of business.

Would it have the kind of margins to be able to afford a 2 million dollar property in 2021? No inference here, just a curious mind wandering around somewhat aimlessly lol
These are 50 plus year old people who have probably worked hard their whole lives, and may have bought, sold many homes in their time together. Add to that, they seem to operate a successful business, and that properties double in price approximately every 10 years. Owning a 2 million dollar property is not unusual, they may well own other properties.

IMO

I don't know where the 5pm is coming from.

Perhaps both of Samantha's devices shut down just before 7pm.
Perhaps someone significant (to the police) was MIA until just before 7pm.

This is from an article published today .....

"It's understood a local mobile phone tower registered a ping from Ms Murphy's phone on Sunday after she disappeared but police refused to say more about the timing or location of the phone."

imo
I read it in several articles, feel free to correct me if you find otherwise, thanks.

These are 50 plus year old people who have probably worked hard their whole lives, and may have bought, sold many homes in their time together. Add to that, they seem to operate a successful business, and that properties double in price approximately every 10 years. Owning a 2 million dollar property is not unusual, they may well own other properties.

IMO
2 million is a lot of money .... I forgot to mention that people are always needing their cars fixed and that it is one of those businesses that will always be needed :) You also always get paid because it is usually via insurance :)

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member