Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it not the mobile phone the dog detected?

It's not uncommon for people to have a second fridge or freezer in somewhere like the garage, especially in the country. While the area is not a remote location, it's often easier just to have extra supplies at home to save you a trip in to town. People can also buy things like half a butchered cow from a local farm, and obviously that would require a large freezer. A large chest freezer could hold an entire body, but smaller freezers could hold body parts too. Gruesome, but a possibility.

Same - I've got no clue what is being alluded to.
I suppose the point of a second freezer is, someone at some point opens it up to put something in or take something out. No doubt the cops have gone thru his girlfriends house, and his family home, ... . it would be awfully difficult to smuggle a fully grown womans body, even bit by bit into someone else's home , while every one is searching for her at the same time. ... I just can't see it being a domestic freezer...

I don't think I say without proper article proof on here, even though it's called Websleuths
But have a think, and you wonder why there has been not one sneaky photo anywhere!
So...
The hints
(as I understand)
seem to be the perp's association with ..
Ummm...
gangs or bikies or whatever the name...

C'mon!
Would "criminal underworld" hire such a person?
Such a failure???
Look at him!
Already in jail,
phone already found,
Police are stepping on his heels

No way!
Or...wait a minute!
Well, maybe he is a "patsy"?
A druggie meant to be sentenced instead of others?

But it smacks of conspiracy.
I don't buy it ;)

JMO

Last edited:
Thanks for the science lesson. I never did like science at school. :)
Are you saying that even if the body was wrapped in chains and attached to a heavy weight, parts would detach and float to the surface within days? weeks?
yes . Again, and I am sorry to be graphic, but here it is, don't forget , these dams have little creatures in them, Yabbbies, what not, chains mean nothing to them... bits come apart.

also. he has to drag ( a ) a body, wrapped in (b) a heavy chain from a bush track to someone's operative dam, that is, a dam that is being used for cattle or sheep, people look at their dams every day in the summer, sometimes twice a day, it's a fetish, 'go and look at the dam' is the normal greeting, the trail from the chain would surely be noticed....

don't take my word for it, though. Body Decomposition in Water: A Complete Timeline & Guide

So...
The hints
(as I understand)
seem to be association with ..
Ummm...

C'mon!
Such a failure???
Look at him!
Already in jail,
phone already found,

No way!
Or...

JMO
Im still confused…. :oops:

I don't think I say without proper article proof on here, even though it's called Websleuths
But have a think, and you wonder why there has been not one sneaky photo anywhere!
Are you implying they've gone deep under cover? Witness protection? Become Mr and Mrs El Stepho, and are living in some remote Mexican village, passing themselves off as missionaries or something?

yes . Again, and I am sorry to be graphic, but here it is, don't forget , these dams have little creatures in them, Yabbbies, what not, chains mean nothing to them... bits come apart.

also. he has to drag ( a ) a body, wrapped in (b) a heavy chain from a bush track to someone's operative dam, that is, a dam that is being used for cattle or sheep, people look at their dams every day in the summer, sometimes twice a day, it's a fetish, 'go and look at the dam' is the normal greeting, the trail from the chain would surely be noticed....

don't take my word for it, though. Body Decomposition in Water: A Complete Timeline & Guide
I have no reason to doubt you, I'll take your word for it.

We seem to be referring to dams as the only potential body of water a body was dumped in. Perhaps a larger, more remote body of water was used, with an easier access point, and it's just a matter of time before she is discovered.

I will have to disagree with you about dam watching. I have one, and I don't pay anywhere near as much attention to it as you believe people do. I've never introduced visitors to my dam. Maybe I'm the minority, who knows?

Is it the land owners who look at their dams every day ?
I've gone past lots of dams in all kinds of weather, heatwaves included and I've never ever seen a human nearby.

One very hot day I saw a cow looking pretty happy standing up to their middle in a dam. It was the cutest thing :)
But probably not that cute as the paddock didn't even contain one shade tree.

I've gone past lots of dams in all kinds of weather, heatwaves included and I've never ever seen a human nearby.

One very hot day I saw a cow looking pretty happy standing up to their middle in a dam. It was the cutest thing :)
Where my family farm is, the routine every morning and evening is to check the rain gauge, check the hen house, check the windmill, measure the dam height, whistle the dogs up and ring a neighbor and find out how high or low his dam is. Perhaps it is only a Shoalhaven thing.. who knows. On the agistment property down on the Murray, it's the same routine, so I just assumed everyone south of there did the same, but hey ho. Apparently not. Wierd, eh?

That is usually how shallow a home dam is. The clue is 'hot day'.. very shallow dam.. A cow can stand in the middle of it.

I suppose the point of a second freezer is, someone at some point opens it up to put something in or take something out. No doubt the cops have gone thru his girlfriends house, and his family home, ... . it would be awfully difficult to smuggle a fully grown womans body, even bit by bit into someone else's home , while every one is searching for her at the same time. ... I just can't see it being a domestic freezer...
Yeah, I failed to think that one through.

Around here, Central West NSW, I don't think many who have farms do a lot of checking.
Driving past you see dead sheep and cattle right near fences and they are still there years later, just bones.

Smaller hobby farms, maybe people do check things more often.

The one where the phone was found, I would call that a small rural block, not a farm.

Are you implying they've gone deep under cover? Witness protection? Become Mr and Mrs El Stepho, and are living in some remote Mexican village, passing themselves off as missionaries or something?
My hunch is they are being protected, another reason why the terrorism squad is involved. AFP. Even dodgy Daily Mail can't get to them. Lol

So...
The hints
(as I understand)
seem to be the perp's association with ..
Ummm...

C'mon!
Such a failure???
Look at him!
Already in jail,
phone already found,

No way!
Or...wait a minute!

I don't buy it ;)

JMO
I agree with you Dotta. I don't think it's a conspiracy as such, but there's something not adding up nevertheless.

I have a feeling Scoopy-Doo's onto something.

IMO PS wasn't a "gun for hire" - I am sure there are far more suitable candidates around who would satisfy the selection criteria of hired assassin for an Outlawed Motor Cycle Gang or other underworld entities (a candidate who is more "grounded" for starters (JMO). Additionally IMO PS wasn't desperate money.

IMO it's possible that PS is a "patsy." Can't think of a reason why, at this point though.

JMO

I agree with you Dotta. I don't think it's a conspiracy as such, but there's something not adding up nevertheless.

I have a feeling Scoopy-Doo's onto something.

IMO PS wasn't a "gun for hire" - I am sure there are far more suitable candidates around who would satisfy the selection criteria of hired assassin for an Outlawed Motor Cycle Gang or other underworld entities (a candidate who is more "grounded" for starters (JMO). Additionally IMO PS wasn't desperate money.

IMO it's possible that PS is a "patsy." Can't think of a reason why, at this point though.

JMO
Well,
IMO he acted ALONE.
SA or a bout of anger.

Another woman murdered while jogging,
one of thousands around the world :(

Family is simply hiding.

End of story for me :rolleyes:

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online