Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you Dotta. I don't think it's a conspiracy as such, but there's something not adding up nevertheless.

I have a feeling Scoopy-Doo's onto something.

IMO PS wasn't a "gun for hire" - I am sure there are far more suitable candidates around who would satisfy the selection criteria of hired assassin for an Outlawed Motor Cycle Gang or other underworld entities (a candidate who is more "grounded" for starters (JMO). Additionally IMO PS wasn't desperate money.

IMO it's possible that PS is a "patsy." Can't think of a reason why, at this point though.

JMO
Could it be that only a “patsy” might meet the “requirements”?

I agree that Scooby-Doo and Dotta may well be onto something…

Why do they think the body was disposed of after the phone? Or do they mean it was re-hidden somewhere more inaccessible?

If they believe that Sam was disposed of in the Durham Reserve, it could be as simple as the dam is on the side of the road driving into the reserve - not on the side of the road driving away from the reserve.

I imagine that the police have behavioural experts providing their opinions.

imo

Fair enough.

All views are welcome here. :)

It is interesting to me though that somehow the family have completely evaded all publicity…. Perhaps there is some kind of legal order in place preventing publication of their whereabouts but the complete silence is what made me wonder about witness protection…

Even the Duchhess of Wales can’t escape the cameras and media reporting, so I am curious as to how the family have remained untraceable.

Perhaps this is just ignorance on my part Re the capacity of ordinary family members in such a case to evade detection from the media but I find it puzzling…

JMO
Referring to your last sentence - IMO maybe this is the case.

All entirely speculation on my part, but maybe the family had enough advance (and compelling) information to make the necessary arrangements to get the heck out of there in time to avoid "everything" hitting the fan.

The position in which they may found themselves would be untenable IMO (based on my observations having been born and raised in a major regional city). IMO they may have received some official advice/assistance to leave - not necessarily Witness Protection.
JMO

If the internet was turned off at the time of the alleged murder, or it was in an area without coverage, it would not have the ability to upload to the cloud then and there. Only at a later date/time, when in an area with coverage or when the mobile data was switched back on.

Let's not forget that one of the relatives said that repeater towers were down that day. Everything was pinging through Buninyong tower. It adds additional complexity to the matter.

imo

They have probably gone to where the dad's family comes from. There are other children in the family to shelter from this terrible tragedy that has been allegedly caused by their brother.

imo
It seems to be such a rational thing to do. Obviously, they needed sanctuary.

I don't see what the problem of them going to ground is, actually.

Should they moon around and embrace and carry on like the Baden-Clay parents did?? should they have rung the Daily Mail like those poor parents of the Bondi stabbing bloke did? . should they have simply disappeared into the scrum like most other murderers family do? Should the have just gone on with pulling up the potatoes and carrots like Milat's family did? Should they have gone on a shooting spree like the Moran family?? what?

Is there some rule I am unaware of that lays it all out?

It seems to be such a rational thing to do. Obviously, they needed sanctuary. I don't see what the problem of them going to ground is, actually. Should they moon around and embrace and carry on like the Baden-CLay parents did?? should they have rung the Daily Mail like those poor parents of the Bondi stabbing bloke did? . should they have simply disappeared into the scrum like most other murderers family do? Should the have just gone on with pulling up the potatoes and carrots like Milat's family did? what?

Is there some rule I am unaware of that lays it all out?

Yes, I think it would be a smart thing to do. Protect the other children as much as possible. Provide them with safety, security, and loving extended-family arms to encircle them closely. As well as give the parents support to help get them through this terrible ordeal.

imo

Pat Galbally has 8 weeks to get up to speed. ... not that long, really. ....

( actually, can I modestly claim that back on March 11th.. 'Sometimes, some high flying barrister will offer to do the case, from the publicity angle. Some one from Frank Galbally's office, perhaps ( a high flying criminal defence lawyer firm , long established in Melbourme ) .. post 765 , was me! )

Let's not forget that one of the relatives said that repeater towers were down that day. Everything was pinging through Buninyong tower. It adds additional complexity to the matter.

imo
@SouthAussie would electricians likely be more aware of when towers were down re mobile coverage or is this sort of irrelevant in their line of work ? (aware this is a n00b question but worth asking)

Interesting timing:

Finally we hear who his legal team will be!

The Australian says that Paul Galbally represented Cardinal George Pell in his historic child sex cases. He has defended ASIC prosecutions. Is featured in Doyles Guide as one of Australia’s pre-eminent criminal defence lawyers. Recognised for his judgment, sound strategic advice and discretion.

(paraphrased from this link .... Sam Murphy’s accused murderer enlists top lawyer to lead defence )

@SouthAussie would electricians likely be more aware of when towers were down re mobile coverage or is this sort of irrelevant in their line of work ? (aware this is a n00b question but worth asking)

No. Electricians don't have anything to do with phones. I think people are making a bigger deal about his father's prior involvement with telecomms than is warranted.

The providers wouldn't even tell anyone if they were doing maintenance on any towers, as long as they kept services going - which they did. The providers typically do their maintenance late at night or on a weekend, because that is when there is less phone traffic, less chance of services being compromised.

imo

The thing about conspiracies is that they are only conspiracies until more information comes in (you could also call them "out there theories"). I know this case makes me feel there is some bigger picture here too and potentially incriminating someone else but every time I've said that someone quotes the media release about him having "acted alone". All that means is that they don't have enough to prove otherwise at the time, or they do and are not saying.

Finally we hear who his legal team will be!

The Australian says that Paul Galbally represented Cardinal George Pell in his historic child sex cases. He has defended ASIC prosecutions. Is featured in Doyles Guide as one of Australia’s pre-eminent criminal defence lawyers. Recognised for his judgment, sound strategic advice and discretion.

(paraphrased from this link .... Sam Murphy’s accused murderer enlists top lawyer to lead defence )
There is the link to the Chuch org. . It is possible that Galbally et al are doing this for free, .. possible, but highly improbable. Someone's home has been put up as collateral, it certainly would not be on a no win, no fee basis. That would be so unlikely as to be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper