Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a clever bunny out there who can tell us what angle the Sun was from the horizon at 5pm back on that day?

Ha.. not surprised by lining up Pat Galbally, old Frank's son, I think.. Maybe grandson.

That is now some very large amounts of dollars talking for him, one wonders if the Catholic church hasn't chipped in with a few thou.

Gosh, that took a long time to get Galbally Chambers on board.
Pardon my ignorance, but why would the Catholic church cough up money? The only ties I know of are that the accused attended a Catholic school and may have attended events required of him as a student, and was likely baptized etc. I personally doubt he has anything to do with the church since he left school.

If the Catholic church paid (even in part) for legal representation for all their wayward former students, they'd be very busy, and very broke.

MOO

Pardon my ignorance, but why would the Catholic church cough up money? The only ties I know of are that the accused attended a Catholic school and may have attended events required of him as a student, and was likely baptized etc. I personally doubt he has anything to do with the church since he left school.

If the Catholic church paid (even in part) for legal representation for all their wayward former students, they'd be very busy, and very broke.

MOO
I hope not Trooper as I’m pretty sure Samantha’s children also attend catholic schools…? :mad::(:eek::oops: Wouldn’t that be a travesty??

Last edited:

MOO

As a Catholic myself I would be ... ummm.... surprised,
to put it mildly!!!!
if my Church got involved in such a case.

Church's money is parishioners' money to spend on parishes and Charity,
not accused (alleged) murderers of mothers :oops:

This case makes me sick :(

I HOPE it is NOT true.

JMO

Last edited:
As a Catholic myself I would be ... ummm.... surprised,
to put it mildly!!!!
if my Church got involved in such case.
Church's money is parishioners' money to spend on parishes and Charity,
not accused murderers of mothers :oops:

This case makes me sick :(

JMO
I would be appalled if this were indeed the case…. :oops: :mad: Hopefully this is SPECULATION (as opposed to FACT…)

Last edited:
Acted alone in killing, but what about afterwoods ?
… and even (potentially) beforehand…. :oops:
… the (original) mens rea …?

There are many possibilities, no matter how improbable they may appear…

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth…”. Arthur Doyle

JMO

Last edited:

MOO
<modsnip - snark>

The Catholic church in Australia pays for a lot of court cases, not always confined to their wayward priests, bishops, monsigneurs, prelates and even a ridgey didge Cardinal, a Prince of the church. have all been carefully represented by one of Galbally's chaps at the bar. Always.

The firm of Galbally is essentially a very , very high priced conglomeration of very very highly skilled barristers, a long family tradition closely aligned with the Catholic church in Melbourne. It is to Galbally and Sons to which the church turns to at the first hint of legal tomfoolery. It would be very rare if a lowly electrician from Mr Clear was able to cough up , and that is cough up in front , of any court case their son was involved in. It is just as reasonable to assume that some organisation has underwritten this venture. Galbally would be the go between for that process as well.

If, as the newspaper says, Paul Galbally is now PS"s legal rep, you would be correct to assume that a very very large amount of real estate, stocks, bonds, bank numbers, jewelry has been safely tucked away in the Galbally safe for the time being, as a downpayment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone remember where abouts the police chopper was flying around on the Sunday afternoon?

Do they have some type of recording of their searches that they have gone back too? Ie could they have seen PS's car near the dam etc?

Does anyone remember where abouts the police chopper was flying around on the Sunday afternoon?

Do they have some type of recording of their searches that they have gone back too? Ie could they have seen PS's car near the dam etc?
I wondered this too!! ;)

Sorry.. graphic, again , but much more detail and far more intricate than I could offer, but it does go to explaining why the dams were not drained artificially ( as opposed to natural drainage from evaporation due to summer heat ( Feb being middle summer ) .. it may be of interest to you.

Or not. :(
Yes, thanks that was an interesting and enlightening read. It seems that the only way hiding a body in water in the middle of a hot Aussie Summer could possibly work is if it was underneath something (like a pontoon etc) or if it was contained in something and weighed down. I doubt he had the time or presence of mind to go to too much trouble.

More like a safe house organised by police, so no one else gets involved and they're protected

I am not a conspiracy-type thinker. I prefer to go with the facts that we know.

We know that PS' father comes from another state, while PS' mother's family is from Ballarat.
We know that the police have stated that PS acted alone.
We know that no-one else has been charged.
We know that PS has siblings - who are more than likely feeling embarrassed, humiliated, perhaps even feeling disgraced by the blight that PS has put upon the family. imo

I am not seeing any reason at all for a police 'safe house'. Not from what we know.

imo

Thanks Sabex, is it a problem thought to access that information without phone password ?
Also wondered what ‘data’ could be obtained from the Phone that they wouldn’t already have from the Cloud ? ( not talking DNA related)
I don't know much about Apple, but if they have the password they should be able to decrypt the data directly off the chip with it.

Regarding the cloud data - it takes time to sync. If she had photos that she'd just taken, then that might not have been uploaded to iCloud before the phone went dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper