Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so.

Justification for the sentence provided by Judge while sentencing explains the factual basis of the sentence including:

- the assessment of evidence,
- the legal basis of the sentence
- circumstances taken into account when imposing the penalty.

All these are made public.

JMO

Borce Ristevski (in the same state of Australia) pleaded guilty to manslaughter, right before he was due to go to trial. We never learned what happened to Karen, his wife. Nothing. Not how she died, not if there was an argument, not when it happened. Nothing at all.

He was sentenced and not one thing about her manslaughter (murder imo) hit the media.

All we know is bits and pieces that were revealed while the police were searching for Karen, before he was charged.

It may be different in other places, but that's how it is in Victoria ... and maybe throughout Australia IDK.

Last edited:
My thoughts are the police have video, photos of the accused murderer and Samantha, dead on the day she disappeared, another reason they were so certain of her murder and charging the accused fairly quickly. But we will have to wait and see if a lot more comes out in the court case

I agree with you. Being a 22 year old, I would guess he shared something highly incriminating with someone.
I also agree.
Even if there was someone else with him the whole time who revealed everything, they wouldn't charge him with murder as it means nothing with no body, and certainly no proof he committed the murder. So it's either he has confessed to murder (was he arrested for murder or arrested and then charged with murder?). Or there is no other damning evidence I can think of other than a video of him commiting the act or a photo sent to someone by him saying he did it. Plus Police and Mick seem 100% resigned to the fact she is dead.
Like I said in my previous post I believe he has bragged about it to a mate/s.
This has made me remember now of a few months ago when my mum said to me she heard he said to a mate something along the lines of "I wen't back and finished the b!@%h of". This is completely unsubstantiated and likely completely untrue but is also an example of may of happened.

If the accused pleads guilty on 8 August, he will be sentenced and we may never know any more than we do now.

If the accused pleads not guilty then 8 August will just be the beginning. The actual trial probably won't be for a

I also agree.
Even if there was someone else with him the whole time who revealed everything, they wouldn't charge him with murder as it means nothing with no body, and certainly no proof he committed the murder. So it's either he has confessed to murder (was he arrested for murder or arrested and then charged with murder?). Or there is no other damning evidence I can think of other than a video of him commiting the act or a photo sent to someone by him saying he did it. Plus Police and Mick seem 100% resigned to the fact she is dead.
This has made me remember now of a few months ago when my mum said to me she heard he said to a mate something along the lines of "I wen't back and finished the b!@%h of". This is completely unsubstantiated and likely completely untrue but is also an example of may of happened.
The police are saying he's not co-operating, but that could also be a ploy as well, to keep any information silenced. He was arrested and then charged with murder

I also agree.

I have often wondered if his girlfriend saw something on his phone. Some picture that he never intended anyone to see, but kept as a "trophy".

The police are saying he's not co-operating

I believe Police.

IMO the accused is
as silent as ...ummm...a "grave".

There are people in this world
who never take responsibility for their actions.
Even playing victims :rolleyes:

I'm speaking generally by the way.

And, of course, this accused is innocent until proven guilty.

JMO

Snipped by me.

The article you posted is very interesting. Based on the findings, and applied to this case, (assuming PS and SM weren't known to each other) it could be suggested that:

Samantha is in a natural area, such as a forest, but not in water. A place that is known to her accused murderer, and/or that he's familiar with.
She was moved from the place she died.
If the act was pre-planned, she's more likely to be on the property of the accused. If not, she's more likely to be in the neighbourhood of her accused killer.
She may or may not have been well concealed.
The most likely individual to find her is a member of the public.

That's kind of been my thought process all along, although I've never felt she's on the property of the accused. It will be interesting if/when she is found if the stats apply in this case.

Either way, it's time for her to be found, laid to rest, and her family and friends can truly accept she's gone and begin the process of healing.
Thank you for doing the work finding and writing down the most likely scenario of where Samantha may be, according to what seems I very creditable study.
There are 2 places I think she is. All IMO.
First and most likely is dumped not far(because of thick bush and heaviness off a limp body) off a road in a place like Durham Lead Reserve near the place he house sits. Which has been searched by police but was it the whole area?
Second place is more of a best place I think makes a bit of sense and that's a septic tank. I'm pretty sure that area doesn't have a sewage network so all houses would need to store waste in a tank in the forund that only gets emptied every 10 years or so. Has a lifespan of at least 50+ years and when replaced my be just left in the ground. Would also solve smell plus decompose fast.

I have often wondered if his girlfriend saw something on his phone. Some picture that he never intended anyone to see, but kept as a "trophy".

Or possibly as proof it has happened
Yeah I certainly had thoughts she has perhaps seen a lot and PS thought he had complete control of her and no way she'd dare snitch on him.

Yeah I certainly had thoughts she has perhaps seen a lot and PS thought he had complete control of her and no way she'd dare snitch on him.

It is not unusual for a girlfriend to secretly go through a boyfriend's phone, and vice versa. Make sure they are not cheating or doing anything else harmful to the relationship. imo

Thank you for doing the work finding and writing down the most likely scenario of where Samantha may be, according to what seems I very creditable study.
There are 2 places I think she is. All IMO.
First and most likely is dumped not far(because of thick bush and heaviness off a limp body) off a road in a place like Durham Lead Reserve near the place he house sits. Which has been searched by police but was it the whole area?
Second place is more of a best place I think makes a bit of sense and that's a septic tank. I'm pretty sure that area doesn't have a sewage network so all houses would need to store waste in a tank in the forund that only gets emptied every 10 years or so. Has a lifespan of at least 50+ years and when replaced my be just left in the ground. Would also solve smell plus decompose fast.

Re a septic tank

But on which property?

His parents' ??
Would the accused bring a body to Family property?

I think septic tanks
(both at family home and property he was "sitting")
were already checked by Police.

Because,
C'mon,
they are sooo obvious places to hide a body!!!

Isn't it ROUTINE while checking a property?

JMO

Last edited:
So if I interpret comments correctly he found plead guilty and then the facts will never come out…. Would the family get to know and understand what and why ?

It is not unusual for a girlfriend to secretly go through a boyfriend's phone, and vice versa. Make sure they are not cheating or doing anything else harmful to the relationship. imo

I bet he has a password to his phone.

JMO

Re a septic tank

But on which property?

His parents' ??

I think septic tanks

Because,
C'mon,

JMO
Maybe he doesn't know ? That's why the police still can't find her, compared to finding her phone

Maybe he doesn't know ? That's why the police still can't find her, compared to finding her phone

As I added to my post.
Checking the WHOLE property
(including septic tank if it exists on property)
is ROUTINE for Police.

At least in cases in my country I read about.

JMO

Re a septic tank

But on which property?

His parents' ??

I think septic tanks

Because,
C'mon,

JMO
Well I'm no expert but how long does it take to open it up and throw her in? All he needed was access to one that was not in a place connected to him.

So if I interpret comments correctly he found plead guilty and then the facts will never come out…. Would the family get to know and understand what and why ?
The police write a facts sheet on what they saw and heard and what the witnesses saw and heard., In a guilty plea the police prosecutor will give this sheet to the magistrate who will read it before deciding on what sentence to give. This case could end up being quite interesting

I bet he has a password to his phone.

JMO
Very possibly. But at the same time it doesn’t take much watching to “guess” passwords especially if gf sees approximately where his fingers go when tapping…. Where there is a will there is a way…!!! (As they say….). Perhaps gf noticed something seemed a bit “off” with PS and had concerns he may be cheating….?

Or perhaps gf wanted to know PS’s whereabouts on the day Samantha went missing? I very much doubt that no one close to the accused noticed ANYTHING. Even if they may not have realised the significance of what they noticed, they may have become more suspicious over time… especially if answers provided by the accused were inconsistent or unconvincing… Further, by MSM accounts gf was/is on her way to becoming a vet technician/technologist (thank you to MIG214222 for the correction #961 :)) so perhaps gf has more expertise than most when it comes to “smelling a rat” so-to-speak….? ;)

All 100% conjecture of course.

Last edited:
YES!!
THAT would be a problem :(
A septic tank on property NOT connected to him.

JMO
… or some kind of incinerator/crematorium - perhaps used for deceased animals….? I raised this possibility several threads ago but it was deleted…

However personally I think the septic tank idea suggested by Kurtneverdied seems more plausible (and less complicated) than the crematorium/incinerator possibility….

Actually, now it has been suggested, I can’t believe that none of us considered this before…. Literally, possibly hiding in plain “sh#%”… !! I guess one needs to be familiar with the neighbourhood enough to know about septic tanks… and possibly “hole in the ground” bush-style toilets (if any of those still exist?). Mulching proprietors?

I wonder if police have checked the septic tanks of all homes and properties and businesses which PS potentially may have had access to?

I wonder how many plumbers PS may be connected with via his electrical work?

Dare I ask if sniffer (and/or cadaver) dogs can detect a deceased body in such degrading circumstances…? :eek:

All 100% (unceremonious) conjecture. :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members