Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live locally , about 18 Km from Mt Clear in a 4 bedroom home on acres … on septic,and I think my set up ( now 40 years old) would be fairly common.
Most are set only inches below ground level , the curved concrete lid measures 600mm x 400 mm( there no doubt is an inside contact perimeter shoulder of perhaps 25mm ), so I’m thinking an intact female body could be pushed inside.
Most installations would not be as readily findable as mine!
Just for our metrically challenged friends...... 600mmx 400 mm =23.62 x 15.75 inches ( a very very very short skinny woman ) In one piece, of course. if not...well....

Can I ask what tools you use to open yours up, Dr Samoht? Unless you tear it off with your bare hands. not that there is anything wrong in that, but just out of curiousity...

Thanks Dr Samoht, this kind of local info and photographs are invaluable in terms of better understanding possibilities…. I imagine electricians could fairly easily access plans of a home that would no doubt contain positioning of septic tanks….? :oops: This rather gruesome possibility is seeming more and more plausible to me….

On the subject of body disposal and/or crematoriums for animals, is anyone in the farm animal field able to comment on how large animals like horses are managed when deceased? I imagine the standards may be more lax than for human bodies? But I don’t really know….

Just for interest it would appear from a cursory search on the internet that the septic tank idea is indeed a plausible possibility. See this case Septic tank body disposal
JMO
We used to bury dead cows. But if diseased we had to burn them.

We used to bury dead cows. But if diseased we had to burn them.
Those were awful days on the farm, for sure, BN. My father and brothers used to have terrific arguments about it, my brothers wanted to have headstones for the horses, my father would scream about the cost of it, ' marble, marble!!' my mother would be soothing everyone... days of drama. My sisters felt the same about the sheep, so went the days of our lives on the farm..

local vets really only cremate very small animals, your kitty, or your dachshund, or your budgerigar..... I don't think we need to go into what happens to the larger animals in this forum.. there may be minors reading it. . :(

Last edited:
The septic tank suggestion was more of idea of disposal other than dumped, buried, in water etc.
There a few stories of bodies being found decades after disappearing if google it. Being an electrician working perhaps in all kinds of areas like new estates, old buildings, the grey water at least needs power to pump etc. He would of been well aware of them. New and old systems, public and private. I still think dumping is more likely, and it's just a matter of time before someone stumbles upon her or hopefully her phone reveals something.
I know police don't reallly want the public to look for her due to contamination but surely the sooner she is found the less evidence is degraded. If I didn't have a 18 month old to help look after I would be out there walking around looking.

Just for our metrically challenged friends...... 600mmx 400 mm =23.62 x 15.75 inches ( a very very very short skinny woman ) In one piece, of course. if not...well....

Can I ask what tools you use to open yours up, Dr Samoht? Unless you tear it off with your bare hands. not that there is anything wrong in that, but just out of curiousity...
Although the lid had lost its central wire hook I quickly managed to free it with a small pick in a corner … as I suspected, a 25 mm ( 1”) locating shoulder … effectively brings the length down to 570 mm (22 1/2 “)
My tank has a transverse concrete baffle about 150mm( 6”) down from the supporting shoulder, about 370mm( 15”) from the end.
I’m thinking a women’s body could be stowed .

Attachments

• IMG_9006.jpeg
    IMG_9006.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 25
I'm not sure what would happen to a body in a septic system for 3-5 years, and whether it would cause a problem for a septic cleaning company.

A man in Texas cleaned out his septic system, and found a 21-year old woman (skeletonised) who had been missing for 13 years. An autopsy revealed that she had been stabbed multiple times.

A man in Texas cleaned out his septic system, and found a 21-year old woman (skeletonised) who had been missing for 13 years. An autopsy revealed that she had been stabbed multiple times.

Wow!
So if US septic systems are similar to Aussie ones, we have our answer as to whether an adult woman could fit.
Wow!

No time to be downhearted... Bradley Murdoch sits in Darwin Correctional centre, he won't be able to apply for parole until he is about 74, the body of Peter Falconio has never been found..

Paul Wilkinson is still banged up in Goulburn Supermax , maybe Silverwater, I forget which, he wont get parole for another 25 years, no body of Kylie , his girlfriend has ever been found.

Keli Lane is still in prison, her parole date due and past, the body of her daughter has never been found...
Would be good if PS was able to read this!!

Tragic photo that could hold key to the hunt for missing Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy's body​

“A treasured family photograph has revealed how Samantha Murphy had long carried her phone in the distinct wallet case that it was still in when it was found in a muddy dam last month.

Seated beside husband Mick, the mother of three is seen clutching onto it during what is believed to have been her last family holiday abroad.”

I have snipped the photo to highlight the phone, but it also clearly shows her watch.

I actually thought that was what the news article was going cover, the fact that we can see her watch a bit clearer in this photo.

1717837676296.jpeg

It does look like an Apple Watch to me.

IMHO

Borce Ristevski (in the same state of Australia) pleaded guilty to manslaughter, right before he was due to go to trial. We never learned what happened to Karen, his wife. Nothing. Not how she died, not if there was an argument, not when it happened. Nothing at all.

He was sentenced and not one thing about her manslaughter (murder imo) hit the media.

All we know is bits and pieces that were revealed while the police were searching for Karen, before he was charged.

It may be different in other places, but that's how it is in Victoria ... and maybe throughout Australia IDK.
And I find it extremely interesting that their daughter continued to support him

I was reading that automatism is rarely used in criminal law. Also that, “Voluntary intoxication is not automatism. Involuntary intoxication can constitute automatism”.
This firm’s website provides a concise summary of the automatism defense.
Automatism requires that the alleged perpetrator has committed the act without volition, unwillingly or involuntarily.

There are two types of automatism - sane or insane.
Sane automatism may include incidents where the accused has lost total control of their free will (but without ‘disease of the mind’) E.g sleepwalking, drug-induced psychosis, if they have a concussion (I wonder if one could argue that previous blows to the head/football concussions could then be exacerbated by a new physical blow to the head, causing temporary loss of free will and direction?)

Insane automatism - requires an actual psychiatric disease of the mind e.g. schizophrenia, brain injury, tumor).

I’m quite fixated on possible legal strategy. I don’t work in this area, hence my intrigue! Also, I cringe when I consider what potential defence arguments that Samantha’s poor family may have to endure. Mental health as a defense is so complicated (if that were to eventuate, total speculation)…I have lifelong anxiety etc but would never hurt a fly!

Thanks Dr Samoht, this kind of local info and photographs are invaluable in terms of better understanding possibilities…. I imagine electricians could fairly easily access plans of a home that would no doubt contain positioning of septic tanks….? :oops: This rather gruesome possibility is seeming more and more plausible to me….

On the subject of body disposal and/or crematoriums for animals, is anyone in the farm animal field able to comment on how large animals like horses are managed when deceased? I imagine the standards may be more lax than for human bodies? But I don’t really know….

Just for interest it would appear from a cursory search on the internet that the septic tank idea is indeed a plausible possibility. See this case Septic tank body disposal
JMO
There was a case in England recently where the wife was missing for 40 years. She was in the septic tank. Husband is old and got life so he will die in prison.

Tragic photo that could hold key to the hunt for missing Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy's body​

“A treasured family photograph has revealed how Samantha Murphy had long carried her phone in the distinct wallet case that it was still in when it was found in a muddy dam last month.

Seated beside husband Mick, the mother of three is seen clutching onto it during what is believed to have been her last family holiday abroad.”

I have snipped the photo to highlight the phone, but it also clearly shows her watch.

I actually thought that was what the news article was going cover, the fact that we can see her watch a bit clearer in this photo.

View attachment 508748

It does look like an Apple Watch to me.

IMHO

Bear in mind it's believed this pic was taken in 2017, so 7 years ago. I wonder if she'd still have that particular watch after all these years? I can't get more than a couple of years out of either Fitbit or Garmin smart watches. Maybe Apple ones are different?

There was a case in England recently where the wife was missing for 40 years. She was in the septic tank. Husband is old and got life so he will die in prison.

Yep.
I remember this thread.
He evaded Justice for 40 years :(

And now,
in his twilight years,
he will live for free in prison like in a nursing home.
He will want for nothing :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members