Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know what happens next in the Tomato Wars! you certainly have a way with words, Trooper.

Our family had a septic tank next to the car garage…but it was completely underground with maybe some of the lid showing. Now that you mention it, I recall having prolific pumpkin plants growing up over the top. Clearly, the soil was rich in that area…and no one considered how truly gross it was to be eating poo-pumpkins
I've got some hard news for you about what fertiliser and compost are made of...

I need to know what happens next in the Tomato Wars! you certainly have a way with words, Trooper.

Our family had a septic tank next to the car garage…but it was completely underground with maybe some of the lid showing. Now that you mention it, I recall having prolific pumpkin plants growing up over the top. Clearly, the soil was rich in that area…and no one considered how truly gross it was to be eating poo-pumpkins
As far as I know, the Tomato War continues to this day, I know my brother is a sort of field marshall in his battalion. Won a few and lost a few !

At this moment, the body of Dr Mosley has been found, 10 metres from the beach at Symi, in Greece. Vid clips show the police reeling back a bit from the odour of decomposition, . Things happen to the human body in the heat, fast....

..to relate this to Mrs Murphy, it is summer in Greece and the day he disappeared it was 52 C , ( thats about 124 F ) apparently he had entered a sort of cave above the beach. A dog search missed his body, but apparently the dog was overheated and had to be evacuated back to Athens...

But the body was found after 5 days, ... above ground, in the summer heat, but , I think, in a sort of shaded area ( the cave) ... it underlines the idea that her body ( Mrs Murphy _ ) was not left out in the open, in the summer heat ( it was around 34 C the day she was murdered ) or even in a shaded area, but somewhere else.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Banging up a bunch of Ads won’t do anything. These behaviours are so entrenched (and intergenerational) that boys will probably laugh them off.
That being said, I don’t know what the answer is. As a mother raising two young boys, I think that it is my responsibility to help them navigate this complex social and cultural environment. It helps enormously that my husband is a great bloke and a great dad. We are equal partners. That’s how it should be.
Totally agree. I also have 2 sons and my husband and I have done our best to raise respectful humans. It starts at home, continues in childcare, school, after school activities, uni, work and life in general. For what it's worth, my kids were never involved in AFL football and have turned out pretty awesome.

I'm not sure what this targeted campaign in Ballarat will achieve, if anything. I don't remember the specifics, but it's in several articles posted pages ago, that PS featured in some sort of anti drink driving campaign while at school. Fat lot of good that did. A case of do what I say, not what I do?

On the subject of body disposal and/or crematoriums for animals, is anyone in the farm animal field able to comment on how large animals like horses are managed when deceased? I imagine the standards may be more lax than for human bodies? But I don’t really know….
I'm not in the industry but I live in a regional area with plenty of farmland. Horses are somewhat different to other farm animals as they tend to be considered more 'pet' than 'livestock'. They tend to be buried on site somewhere, unless they've been ill and are at a hospital type facility.
Sheep and cattle usually go into a pit on site also, are disposed of at the local tip at something like $10-20/carcass, or are dumped fairly unceremoniously elsewhere (legally or illegally- I've found dumping sites in forests).
It's possible that horses and other large animals are cremated but I very much doubt it as the cost (and the facility required) would be immense. We have a handful of vets in the region, yet pet cremation is mostly handled in the city. I believe there is also one small facility in a nearby town but I have never used them personally. The city folk do a weekly run of collections and returns and that's really all there is to it.
Even if vets operated a crematorium the possibility of sneaking in a human body would be pretty implausible. Cremation is not a quick process. Much easier to dump a body in a forest.

I'm not in the industry but I live in a regional area with plenty of farmland. Horses are somewhat different to other farm animals as they tend to be considered more 'pet' than 'livestock'. They tend to be buried on site somewhere, unless they've been ill and are at a hospital type facility.
Sheep and cattle usually go into a pit on site also, are disposed of at the local tip at something like $10-20/carcass, or are dumped fairly unceremoniously elsewhere (legally or illegally- I've found dumping sites in forests).
It's possible that horses and other large animals are cremated but I very much doubt it as the cost (and the facility required) would be immense. We have a handful of vets in the region, yet pet cremation is mostly handled in the city. I believe there is also one small facility in a nearby town but I have never used them personally. The city folk do a weekly run of collections and returns and that's really all there is to it.
Even if vets operated a crematorium the possibility of sneaking in a human body would be pretty implausible. Cremation is not a quick process. Much easier to dump a body in a forest.
Oddly enough, there was a case in Canada where a killer bought a very large livestock cremator. It was intended, I believe, for when there is an outbreak of disease in a herd, and a farmer is ordered to use that means to destroy sick animals, to prevent spreading to other herds. This killer was convicted of disposing of two sets of human remains that way, and presumbly had intentions to do more, considering it was pretty expensive. Dellen Millard.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

JMO

Great and long overdue. As a former Bendigonian, I strongly recommend that any program focuses on local AFL football clubs. They are hotbeds of misogyny, toxic masculinity and substance abuse. Grown men (who never grew up themselves) worship the young talented players and drive their egos (buy them beers at the bar, hand them envelopes with cash). Instead they should be supporting them as positive role models. All country football teams seem to be like this, from my experience in Victoria. Oh, and if you’re a good player, there’s always someone to ‘cover’ for you if you do the wrong thing (drink driving, violent behaviour etc)…they are made to feel untouchable.
I have several friends who went on to play senior AFL and have heard many stories about big nights out where their managers have cleaned up after them (such as collecting CCTV) after they do something illegal that could damage either their reputation or the football club.
Sadly, most male football clubs have inherent issues dating back at least 50 years. Drinking, drugs, end of season parties. Very little respect for women. A huge culture in much need of change. I could say a lot more, but sure many people will get my meaning.

In this area , and probably Victoria generally , knackeries will come to your rural property and take away a dead horse ..provided it has died of natural causes or been shot … they will not take veterinary euthanised horses ( presence of anaesthetic)… to be processed into pet food .
Saves a lot of burial expense .

It's too late to edit my post, but I forgot to say this came from a podcast titled "Cocaine Inc" I believe, if anyone cares to listen to it instead.

Thanks to all websleuthers who’ve contributed to info on possibilities of cremation and septic tanks. Please bear with me as I attempt to summarise what I see as being the general consensus amongst websleuths thus far re method of disposal/concealment of body of SM…. :(

From the info provided it seems to me like the general consensus is: 1) burning/cremation is unlikely, 2) septic tank a possibility, but likely to be difficult to execute without an easy-to-access tank and most likely some “assistance” as well (so-to-speak….)

… Which takes us back to the original more endorsed possibilities of 3) water - pond, lake, dam (unlikely says Trooper based on some quite extensive facts he’s presented Re difficulty of submerging bodies in water), and 4) mineshaft and/or some kind of 5) hole/soil burial…

Do other WSs concur with this attempt to summarise current thinking, or do you have different views? (All ideas are welcome :))

JMO

Last edited:
No one takes their phone with them for a run if you have the watch, that’s the whole purpose for having the watch…….so you can run freely without having to carry a phone!.
Not sure that’s certain. The older ones don’t have their own connection and need to tether to the phone. And some people prefer to use whatever other features of the phone.

Thanks to all websleuthers who’ve contributed to info on possibilities of cremation and septic tanks. Please bear with me as I attempt to summarise what I see as being the general consensus amongst websleuths thus far re method of disposal/concealment of body of SM…. :(

From the info provided it seems to me like the general consensus is: 1) burning/cremation is unlikely, 2) septic tank a possibility, but likely to be difficult to execute without an easy-to-access tank and most likely some “assistance” as well (so-to-speak….)

… Which takes us back to the original more endorsed possibilities of 3) water - pond, lake, dam (unlikely says Trooper based on some quite extensive facts he’s presented Re difficulty of submerging bodies in water), and 4) mineshaft and/or some kind of 5) hole/soil burial…

Do other WSs concur with this attempt to summarise current thinking, or do you have different views? (All ideas are welcome :))

JMO
I concur ProfCluezo. Great summary of major points, and associated feedback.

I'm unsure about my following point, but, IIRC there had been some mention, a while ago about Vicpol doing thermal imaging (with drones? - can't remember) of mine shafts in particular.

If this is correct, and they have not been able to come up with anything, that seems to reduce possibilities further.
I'm unsure though, about how quickly thermal imaging would need to be done after the alleged dumping of remains, in order for any results to be completely accurate.

JMO

JMO
I concur.

I used to think 3, but Trooper makes that seem unlikely that she wouldn't have been found yet. I still think there's the possibility of it just being a remote body of water, but I'm now leaning towards 5. I've never run with the theory of cremation or septic tank, and for some reason - despite being quite plausible - I've never thought mineshaft.

Not sure that’s certain. The older ones don’t have their own connection and need to tether to the phone. And some people prefer to use whatever other features of the phone.
I always run with both - because my watch doesn’t have capacity to play music.
Also, my husband and kids contact me via various channels besides calling/texting (ie Facebook messenger, WhatsApp etc

I concur ProfCluezo. Great summary of major points, and associated feedback.

I'm unsure about my following point, but, IIRC there had been some mention, a while ago about Vicpol doing thermal imaging (with drones? - can't remember) of mine shafts in particular.

If this is correct, and they have not been able to come up with anything, that seems to reduce possibilities further.
I'm unsure though, about how quickly thermal imaging would need to be done after the alleged dumping of remains, in order for any results to be completely accurate.

JMO
Agree, great summary. For what it’s worth, I vote ‘mineshaft’.

With thermal imaging, also curious to know how deep in the earth that technique could be used and timing (ie a body cools down to meet temperature of environment, submerged in water will quickly start decomposition therefore also reduce density which could impact effectiveness of subterranean radar tests).

I always run with both - because my watch doesn’t have capacity to play music.
Also, my husband and kids contact me via various channels besides calling/texting (ie Facebook messenger, WhatsApp etc
I also take both on my walks. My Garmin stays on me 24/7, but doesn't play music and I can't make calls from it. I take my phone for texting or calls, and I like to use the Strava app to track how far I've gone and how quick I am. They both have a purpose for me.

I can’t find anything about thermal imaging being used in the search for Samantha. Maybe it isn’t too late to try???

SPOTTING BODIES FROM THE SKIES​

A dead body, left out in the open, takes only a few hours to reach the same temperature as its surroundings.

But within a few days, things start to heat up again. So hot, in fact, that WA Police researchers figured out how to detect these bodies from their sudden warmth.

Using a helicopter equipped with an infrared (IR) camera, they found that they could spot bodies from a kilometre away.

The culprit for this mysterious reheating? Maggots.”
“It turns out hotspots from where a corpse once laid can still be seen by the IR camera even after the body has gone.”

Do other WSs concur with this attempt to summarise current thinking, or do you have different views? (All ideas are welcome
RSBM. I still think Sam might be hidden in a mine. Mines are great hiding spots because they are remote and hard to search. It's a quick way to hide a body, and the deep, dark tunnels make it tough for search dogs to find any scent. Plus, tracking signals from devices like an Apple Watch is difficult in such locations. Mines are also dangerous and complex, making it hard for people to search them safely and quickly. This means that finding a body hidden in a mine can take a long time, giving whoever hid it a big advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader