Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

In the Toyah Cordingly murder, not a whole lot was released. Then police released a video of cars from a service station. I'm sure they only did that to give websleuthers something to talk about. We zoomed in and got to work analysing every car. Sometimes I think police should release footage just to see what we come up with. Might save them a lot of work.
Don't don't don't discourage police from working. Work is good. When police work, we are so grateful.

In the Toyah Cordingly murder, not a whole lot was released. Then police released a video of cars from a service station. I'm sure they only did that to give websleuthers something to talk about. We zoomed in and got to work analysing every car. Sometimes I think police should release footage just to see what we come up with. Might save them a lot of work.
Lol That’s so funny because it’s spot on. I still want to know which car in the line up was Rajwinder Singh’s.

I think I remember us back in the Baden-Clay days watching cars at a certain roundabout when police did a re-enactment one time?

I'm sure. You can have a look at Google Maps including streetview and see what you think yourself, distances, angles, obstructions. It's also not a visitor taking snaps because nobody is that tall.

I'm a bit hung up on that photo too, only because of the claims that are made of it: that it's the very last picture of Sam and that it shows her leaving the property. But I'm a literalist. DM isn't written to be understood by people like me.
I suspect you are being a touch too literal. I took it to mean it’s the last _good_ image of her, clipped from a video sequence showing her leaving the address.

Keeping in mind it was released for the purposes of IDing what was (at that time) a missing person search.

I don't recall how many acres the Murphy property is, but where I live in Victoria - properties ranging from about 5 to 100's of acres - I don't see many people walking dogs, but they do have them.
The inner suburbs of Ballarat reasonably built up - mostly quarter acre blocks. Not farms by any stretch.

why? It’s sub judice.
In australia cases are tried in courts. Evidence will be supplied to the court. Images will be supplied to the court. CCTV footage will be supplied to the court.

Stuff is only released to the public/media when there’s a need to gain the public’s assistance (ie “have you found…” or “did you see…” appeals) or when it’s a public safety announcement. In a well run case, only the absolute bare minimum will leak out.

The conspiracy theory stuff is a bit grating.
As it should be- I am just surprised no member of the public has come forward to speak to the media. Everyone is so attention seeking now-a days.

As it should be- I am just surprised no member of the public has come forward to speak to the media. Everyone is so attention seeking now-a days.

I think if a member of the public has come forward to speak to the media, the media won't print what they have to say. Because of sub judice. It is up to the media to honour sub judice.

But once the trial is over (if he goes to trial), we will hear all kinds of things. Because the media are then free to print all the info they have been gathering. Unless the court has permanently suppressed something.

imo

Last edited:
I think if a member of the public has come forward to speak to the media, the media won't print what they have to say. Because of sub judice. It is up to the media to honour sub judice.

But once the trial is over (if he goes to trial), we will hear all kinds of things. Because the media are then free to print all the info they have been gathering. Unless the court has permanently suppressed something.

imo
Makes more sense that the filter is the press- people usually want to insert themselves.

But why are you “surprised” then?
Anyone who does know anything will have been briefed on what they can and can’t say. And the potential implications.

I keep coming back to what a police member who was part of the search prior to the phone being found said back in April or may I believe, he said to a family member he was concerned with all the mine shafts she may never be found he also said PS is the type offender who just doesn’t care he won’t reveal anything my family member mentioned Mother’s Day because Sam is a mum and he has a mum ect he said no he doesn’t care like he is just cold obviously he didn’t say why they searched areas but it seemed to me like they didn’t have a definitive reason to search otherwise i feel he would have been more confident in them eventually locating Sam sorry if I’m not allowed to post this

I keep coming back to what a police member who was part of the search prior to the phone being found said back in April or may I believe, he said to a family member he was concerned with all the mine shafts she may never be found he also said PS is the type offender who just doesn’t care he won’t reveal anything my family member mentioned Mother’s Day because Sam is a mum and he has a mum ect he said no he doesn’t care like he is just cold obviously he didn’t say why they searched areas but it seemed to me like they didn’t have a definitive reason to search otherwise i feel he would have been more confident in them eventually locating Sam sorry if I’m not allowed to post this
Like if he said we will definitely get him or find her I would feel differently

But why are you “surprised” then?
Anyone who does know anything will have been briefed on what they can and can’t say. And the potential implications.
I am entitled to be surprised because that is not what would happen here in the US, even where there is a gag order. It's not too much work to leak with little chance of that leak being traced back. We often see cases in Canada, where they have the same restrictions, reported in US news where the law/restrictions does not apply. These leaks are usually from the defense and sometimes from families and friends who talk to US media.

I am entitled to be surprised because that is not what would happen here in the US, even where there is a gag order. It's not too much work to leak with little chance of that leak being traced back. We often see cases in Canada, where they have the same restrictions, reported in US news where the law/restrictions does not apply. These leaks are usually from the defense and sometimes from families and friends who talk to US media.
It's a completely different system here. Sub judice is no joke.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluntzilla901
Back