Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Vic does have the “no body, no parole” law.

“Law on trial: how the 'no body no parole' laws work around Australia​

This law only applies to offenders convicted in NSW, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, and the Northern Territory. Because these are the jurisdictions where the ‘no body no parole’ legislation currently operates. There are no provisions specifically addressing the concept of ‘no body, no parole’ in Tasmania or the ACT, however, it may still be a consideration in the parole process.”

That is interesting because I have heard some supposedly learned people say, even recently, that that is not the case. One of them, if I remember correctly, was Tim Watson Munro and he usually knows his stuff.

It may be worth checking the Northern Daily Leader's reference on their claim.

Just read that Victoria have a “no body, no parole” law but NOT a “no body, no release” law.

CCTV implies to me a static camera , on a pole somewhere.... not as I originally thought of him filming himself with his phone or a hat camera thingy... this sounds like some camera work from someone's gateway, or even a camera set up by the Friends of the Forest in a hidden tree branch, to capture animal behaviour., which, if that is the case, it surely did.
IMO these are all strong possibilities. I think Vicpol probably have video and possibly audio footage from several different sources leading up to the murder, the murder, and after the murder.

A lot depends on how much planning (if any) had been undertaken by PS prior to the murder - also how "switched on" he was at the time, ie whether he was still recovering from his bender the previous evening, or was he quite clear-headed.
IMO he was probably aware (even if still a bit brain-fuzzy from the bender) of the static CCTV's with cameras on a pole.
He may not however, have given a thought to (usually) portable cameras used to monitor fauna activity (either community -based, such as Friends of the Forest or for research purposes. The latter can be very well-hidden - even camouflaged.
I'm also wondering if CCTV inside a building (eg PS's father's workshop) may be included in the cache of eviidence.

JM

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,
Remember the days when I used to come on and whine and ask for money? Remember how annoying all those ads were on the forum? The good news is that thanks to our partnership with Othram, we are free of my whining and those obnoxious ads.
If you like the fact that we are ad-free then please consider making a monthly donation to DNA Solves.com CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR A MONTHLY DONATION TO DNA SOLVES
By subscribing and making a monthly donation, you will be helping the families finally get the answers they deserve.
The amazing people at DNA Solves/Othram care deeply about finding the families of the unidentified.
Even 5 dollars a month would go a long way to finding the families of the unidentified.
Please do not discuss this on this thread. CLICK HERE if you would like to discuss further or have any questions.
Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Manager/Websleuths.com

That is interesting because I have heard some supposedly learned people say, even recently, that that is not the case. One of them, if I remember correctly, was Tim Watson Munro and he usually knows his stuff.

Just read that Victoria have a “no body, no parole” law but NOT a “no body, no release” law.
The “no body, no parole” law IS enforced in Victoria. I have found the relevant legislation below.

1723093980892.jpeg

The “no body, no parole” law IS enforced in Victoria. I have found the relevant legislation below.

View attachment 523174

Correct.

My understanding though is that Victoria have a “no body, no parole” law but NOT a “no body, no release” law.

Conversely, NSW have a “no body, no parole” law AND a “no body, no release” law.

from that article :

Advocates for the families of homicide victims have renewed calls for tougher laws for killers who refuse to lead police to their victims’ bodies. They say Victoria’s “no body, no parole” laws should be strengthened to “no body, no release”.

Cliff, I can only think that legislation that I quoted would be more precise than a newspaper article. I can’t read your article, as it is paywalled.

Cliff, I can only think that legislation that I quoted would be more precise than a newspaper article. I can’t read your article, as it is paywalled.
I think the distinction is, in Victoria, body or no body, once you have served your full sentence you get released.

In NSW on the other hand, it is no body no release.

But it's a discussion in search of the truth, not an argument. So feel free to correct me if I am wrong (anybody)...

M

murdering her in front of a camera would explain why they’re so confident he’s their guy
IMO - It’s really the only way I can see them charging him with murder in the first place. With no body, I can’t think of any other way you could be confident enough unless there is cctv of what happened?

One of Mr Stephenson's lawyers, Moya O'Brien, said his defence team was yet to receive the CCTV footage and would need time to review it.

She requested at least a 12-week adjournment, a move also supported by the prosecution.

Interesting, if pleading not guilty, not sure how he’s going to explain cctv evidence?

Interesting, if pleading not guilty, not sure how he’s going to explain cctv evidence?
He has not instructed his barrister to make any plea, as yet. He does not have to do that, even down the track. If he refuses to make a plea, the usual process is the judge makes his plea for him. When the judge does it, it's always ''not guilty'. He can change that at any time during the ensuing trial.

"Samantha Murphy's alleged killer looks completely different after months behind bars.

It is understood the alleged killer has been held in protective custody, where he would be allocated a mere hour to exercise each day.

Dressed in a white T-shirt, it appeared that Stephenson has been using his spare time
to lift weights."

1723100609919.png
:oops:

There was talk of Victoria upgrading their "no body, no parole" law, but not sure what it was being upgraded to. It was discussed several months ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back