Sawgrass Resident Shares Insight

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it has not been negativly impacted at all. It has been just like normal which is odd considering it is the last place that a missing 2 year old girl was **supposedly**seen. There was never any search or intensive focus put on the community here after the first day in the news. The lack of a search and focus here left the residents unaffected.

Odd indeed! No search after the first day? I would have thought that it would have been gone over with a fine tooth comb. I find that very strange. Maybe it is because they didn't but much faith into the info they were receiving is my guess. Thank you again for your time and answers.:)

? I appreciate the time you've spent in answering all these questions. I find your answers both nlightning and polished [as in professional].

In this day and age I find that neighbors rarely get to know each other as they did when I was a kid ... Prior to the breaking of this case, did you actually communicate with your neighbors, or was it more of a "hello/how are you" type of relationship? In other words ... how much interest did you and other residents, take in your neighbors?

You stated that LE [as far as you knew] were knocking on the doors of known pedophiles, but then there weren't any? ... then who's doors were they knocking on? That confused me a bit?

I'm also confused about the apt. number 218. I was under the impression that 210 [now determined to be 110 as the model for viewing, and 212 to be DS's apt]. What is apt 218?

Is there ANY apt. in the complex that has been observed ... or even had "chatter" about being observed as having "more traffic than is normal?" that you are aware of?

Last, but certainly not least ... Did you notice on the day in question [June 9th/or June 17th? as it states on the card office personelle filled out] .... management showing the model apt. to anyone who even nearly fits the description of ZG?

sawgrass.jpg

Hi David, Forgive me if these are already asked. Just 2 questions.

1.) If I were to visit Sawgrass when the gate is closed, and I buzzed to be let in, is there a capacity for 2 way conversation from the waiting car to the buzzed apartmrent or it is just a communication of mutual buzzes?

2.) How did you get to Websleuths? Just curious. Appreciate your time & answers.

Here you go

? I appreciate the time you've spent in answering all these questions. I find your answers both nlightning and polished [as in professional].

In this day and age I find that neighbors rarely get to know each other as they did when I was a kid ... Prior to the breaking of this case, did you actually communicate with your neighbors, or was it more of a "hello/how are you" type of relationship? In other words ... how much interest did you and other residents, take in your neighbors?

Just casual

You stated that LE [as far as you knew] were knocking on the doors of known pedophiles, but then there weren't any? ... then who's doors were they knocking on? That confused me a bit?

While there are no registered sex offenders in the Sawgrass apartments there are some in the immediate area. My understanding is these are the folks who had the knock and talks.

I'm also confused about the apt. number 218. I was under the impression that 210 [now determined to be 110 as the model for viewing, and 212 to be DS's apt]. What is apt 218?

218 was mentioned by Leonard Padilla to nancy Grace earlier in the week

Is there ANY apt. in the complex that has been observed ... or even had "chatter" about being observed as having "more traffic than is normal?" that you are aware of?

No

Last, but certainly not least ... Did you notice on the day in question [June 9th/or June 17th? as it states on the card office personelle filled out] .... management showing the model apt. to anyone who even nearly fits the description of ZG?

I usually work during the day and rarely observe prospective renters

Hi David, Forgive me if these are already asked. Just 2 questions.

1.) If I were to visit Sawgrass when the gate is closed, and I buzzed to be let in, is there a capacity for 2 way conversation from the waiting car to the buzzed apartmrent or it is just a communication of mutual buzzes?

2.) How did you get to Websleuths? Just curious. Appreciate your time & answers.

2 way conversation. I have always been a casual lurker. Finally decided to join.

DIAGRAM.jpg

Here is a cheap diagram.

A- APT 210
B-Sawgrass Dumpster
C -Security gate
D Shopping Center Dumpster
E Shopping Center Dumpster
F- Main Office

Hope this helps

David, you have no idea how helpful you have been already! THANKS!
I hope nobody minds but in trying to help save searchers and David time, I am posting a Summary of Already Asked Questions w Answers by David
(I summarized from entire thread to help avoid repeated questions)

(Originally Posted by DavidK)
Let me start by saying I do not know Casey, Caylee, Dante or any of the others. I just happen to live here. I was never interviewed by any Law Enforcement and I have nothing to share. I just happen to live here. I also do not ever recall seeing Casey or Caylee here. I have lived here for just under one year and am close enough that I see 210 every day when I walk outside. I will answer any questions I can about any details at Sawgrass that I am aware of. Locations, Happenings, Search Efforts etc.I am not going to offer my opinion on what I think happened to Caylee as that is not the point of this thread.

Q:How did you get to Websleuths? Just curious. Appreciate your time & answers.
A:2 way conversation. I have always been a casual lurker. Finally decided to join.

Search:

(orig. posted by David)
The one thing I can say about the vibe and this is just my opinion. It seems no one ever looked here even once she was reported missing. Now I know the police did the proper follow up with the property manager and other on site personell, but there was no effort by the family. It took one week before the first Caylee is missing poster was seen in our complex. It was a large volunteer group that eventually came out and posted the flyers everywhere. There has been no additional effort made since that time. What was most striking about this to me is that if someone loses a pet here, there is an immediate effort to find that pet. I was just surprised especially with living as close as I do to 210 that someone would have put forth more of an effort from the family to find this child.

Questions already asked. Answers by David in red:
Q: Did you see LE there the day they were searching that apartment? If so, did they have the dogs with them?
A: Wasn't home so I did not see. I only know the apartment was looked at by the initial police report that was posted many months ago

Q:Do you know if a picture of Caseys white 98 Pontiac Sunbird has been shown around there at all? There are people that may remember her car and not remember her. I believe in the LE docs, the detectives stated that they did do a door to door canvas with a sex offenders unit.
A :I believe they only went to Registered Sex Offenders homes of which there are none registered in Sawgrass. There was no one that has ever come to our door. Maybe I wasn't home

Q:You stated that LE [as far as you knew] were knocking on the doors of known pedophiles, but then there weren't any? ... then who's doors were they knocking on? That confused me a bit?
A:While there are no registered sex offenders in the Sawgrass apartments there are some in the immediate area. My understanding is these are the folks who had the knock and talks.

Q: Is there a common area where people can post flyers such as adds, help wanted, lost and found item? If there is, do people just post this themselves or do you have to go through the office to put something on a board?
A: The mailbox is the general area and as of this morning there is no picture of Caylee. Flyers were only ever posted one time since the dissapearance and it took one week for that to happen.
If people lose their pets there is usually something posted immediatley

Q: In your opinion has your community at SG suffered as a whole from the publicity that it has received from this case?
A: No, it has not been negativly impacted at all. It has been just like normal which is odd considering it is the last place that a missing 2 year old girl was **supposedly**seen. There was never any search or intensive focus put on the community here after the first day in the news. The lack of a search and focus here left the residents unaffected.

Q: Very interesting that George and Cindy and Lee have not beaten down every door at Sawgrass.
Are the residents there social with one another? Is this case the talk of the complex - so to speak?
A: There has been little to no mention of it amongst us residents since the story broke.

Q:In this day and age I find that neighbors rarely get to know each other as they did when I was a kid ... Prior to the breaking of this case, did you actually communicate with your neighbors, or was it more of a "hello/how are you" type of relationship? In other words ... how much interest did you and other residents, take in your neighbors?
A:Just casual

Building Layout:

(orig.posted by David)
I live in Sawgrass. I can just about all but assure apartment 218 is currently vacant. 218 is in the building next (east) of ZFG's supposed 210.
XXXX S. Conway Rd # *advertiser censored* Orlando FL 32812
Everything in the Sawgrass apartments should be XXXX S. Conway Rd. Landtree is a street in a different development just down from Sawgrass. The buildings and apartments go up in numbers as you go farther into Sawgrass. There are approx 10-12 buildings each one is numbered, For example Zenaida's was 2863 and her aprtment # was 210. 2863 S. Conway Rd #210 would have been her address.
Each building has approx 12-16 apartments. 1st floors start with 1, second floor wih 2, third floor with 3

Q:I'm also confused about the apt. number 218. I was under the impression that 210 [now determined to be 110 as the model for viewing, and 212 to be DS's apt]. What is apt 218?
A:218 was mentioned by Leonard Padilla to nancy Grace earlier in the week

Q: Does the inside of the apartments all look to be painted the same? Same curtains and such?
A: For the most part

Q: Have you ever noticed more than usual activity at the model apt 212 building during night hrs?
A: 212 is not the model apartment. The model apartment is under 210 which would mean it is 110. I will check next time I go outside.

Q: Do they have a cleaning or maintainence crew or person at Sawgrass? Do you know them and what are they like?
A;: There is an outside cleaning crew that comes in wen an apartment goes vacant to clean. I do not know the name of the service that is used. The maintenance is part of the staff which again as I mentioned is highly professional and trustworthy.

Q: The news showed construction going on and it appeared to be that they were replacing railing and balcony repairs on the building that holds #210. Do you remember if the railing and/or balcony was in bad condition during the timerange of June 15 on? I ask this because I keep thinking of a possible accident there.
A:The apartment was vacant for some time up until late June when new tenants moved in. I imagine there was some need to repair that railing in order to make it suitable for new renters. The work started the day after the story hit the news.

Guest Card:

Q: How easy would it have been for Casey to get info about ZG visit from the office there? Is that office always staffed or locked? What about the people working in there - do they seem honest?
A: I have no idea how she would have gotten that name. The office is always staffed during business hours and locked after hours. The staff at Sawgrass is one of the most professional and responsible community staffs I have ever encountered. I don't believe their integrity would have been compromised at any time.

Q: Do they leave them just laying out at the office that anyone can see information listed in open view? Or maybe she would have had to have access to where they are kept?
A: I am not sure how she would have gotten this name. The staff is professional and secure with information in my opinion.

Q:Last, but certainly not least ... Did you notice on the day in question [June 9th/or June 17th? as it states on the card office personelle filled out] .... management showing the model apt. to anyone who even nearly fits the description of ZG?
A:I usually work during the day and rarely observe prospective renters

Pond:

Q: How about the retention pond between Sawgrass and the shopping complex? It's about 10 feet deep right now.
A: I don't believe this area was ever searched but it is a very small pond. It is important to note the ponds and lakes in the area did not get filled until after Fay which hit in August. The rainy season does not really start in Florida until roughly June 1. The pond would have been low and the grass and weeds have been cut many times since then.

Q: My question, how deep is the pond on the grounds and is it easily accessible from anywhere that you wouldn't be seen well?Is there anywhere on the property that a body could be hidden?
A: I am not an expert of body disposal but I don't believe the pond would have been a place to dispose of a body. The water was just not deep enough in June and at least 50 apartments have some type of view of the pond. It is also a highly trafficked area by residents. Other than dumpsters and the pond there is not anywhere I can think of

Sheds:

Q: Casey stated that there was a little shed of some kind near the building. Can you tell us anymore about such a shed and what it might be used for?
A: Yes there is a shed. About another 50 yards past ZFG's apartment on the left. It is used for maintenance. There is also a maintenance storage unit directly across the sidewalk from ZFG's apartment. This is not a shed however, just a storage room as part of the main office.

Cameras:

Q: Any security cameras at the Apartments or any kind of securities?
A: There are cameras at Sawgrass. It is possible there is existing surveillance.

Q: So there are cameras on the property?
A: I am not certain how well the cameras work or how much they record but there are cameras present on site.

Parking Lot & Entrances:

Q: Are you assigned parking slots there - for instance do they allow so many for occupants, and so many for visitors, and do you park in front of your apt., or in a general area? In other words, I would think someone would have noticed if Casey's car had been frequently parked there if there were assigned places to park, as she may have been parked next to them.
A: No assigned spots. Park where ever you can. I live close enough to the supposed apartment that I would have noticed the car if it was here on a frequent basis. I personally never saw the car.

Q:.Are the entrances to 110 & 210 easily distinguished?
A: Yes, they would be the first two apartments immediatly on the right when you arrive

Q: Is the entrance to the office the same as the on-site gym and would the office be left open if unoccupied while showing a visitor a model apt.?
A: You can enter the office via the gym during normal business hours, otherwise there is a side entrance. While it is possible the office could have inadvertently left unlocked it is doubtful in my opinion the staff would be that irresponsible. The staff at Sawgrass is extremely responsible in my opinion.

Q: Are there obvious, designated parking spaces for visitors @ the office.
A: Yes in the front at the office but that is the only location

Q: Are there speed bumps through the roads in the complex. Also is there ever any gatherings of people with tricked out cars that would have a unofficial 'car meet' in the complex.
A: Yes to the speed bumps and no to the Tricked out cars

Security Gates:

Q: In your opinion, is the complex pretty active during day and also night hrs? What I mean is would there likely be residents or visitors outdoors during both night and daytime hrs?
A: It is a quiet place to live. People come and go at all hours. The security gates are also always working and are closed from 7pm to 7am.

Q: You mentioned the security gates working and closed between 7pm and 7am.
If I were to want to visit a resident during this time, how would I get in?
A: call from the call box to be buzzed in or tail someone in through the gate. Residents have cards that allow us access

Q: So there is a dispatcher there who logs each visitor that uses that call box? I would assume a visitor has to state their name and what resident they are visiting if they aren't tailgating?
A: There is not a live person. It is a call box that you drive up to and you as the driver contact the apartment and get buzzed in on your own. There is no one who logs vehicles

Q: If you loose your gate card how do you get a new one? How many are issued to a tennant? Is there any special coding on this card. n otherwords is the card coded to your apartment number or is it a general card. Would you know if a tennant moves out do they need to turn those cards in back as a condition to receive security down money back. Is there on premis laundry rooms and are do they need a key to get in?
A: I am not sure how the cards are coded but I have to imagine the staff wants the residents to return their cards upon move out or face some type of penalty. There is not a laundry room on site but there is a gym that is also accessed via the security card.

Dumpsters:

Q:I've looked for ages for a picture of the dumpster at SG but none are available. Can you give any info on it and its location?
A:Immediatley to the right when you come through the gates.

Q: Are there many dumpsters there, are they fenced off, and is the garbage area well kept or is it spilt over much of the time?
A: 1 dumpster on property, usually full, not fenced in and easily accessible. There are however numerous dumpsters behind the shopping center next to Sawgrass

Q: Was there a dumpster near the stairs of the supposed ZFG apartment any time between June 16th and June 26th?
A: No there was not

Q:What day is trash picked up?
A:Not sure, but I will check

Neighborhood:

Q: Are you aware of any Law Enforcement that live in the complex?
Does this complex have any security force or is it covered by local police?
A: I have heard there is LEO that lives in the rear of the complex. There is no patrolling security force. At least one or two LEO's always sit after dark in their cars at the shopping center next to Sawgrass.

Q: No offense to LE - but when they park in the shopping complex after dark - does it ever look like there is a "midnight rendevous" occurring - or just reg. police stuff?
Could you rattle off the names or types of some of the stores in the shopping complex?
A: I am hopeful the LEO's are there for a reason
Conways BBQ, LA Fitness, Pit Row Sports Bar, Wing Shack, Winn Dixie, Quiznos, there are others but those are the ones I know

Q: What is the name of the shopping complex nearby? I havent heard much on one being so close there.
A: Mariners Village Shopping Center

Q: I have heard of a huge fenced lake or pond directly across the road from SG, is that easy or hard to access, can you let us know what is across from the complex? Reason I ask: Casey showed LE a building across the road from Glenwood and Glenwood was important, so that brings me to wonder what is across from SG. Maybe if SG turns out to be not important, perhaps what is across the rd is, just a thought.
A:The lake is easy to access. There is a footpath down from the road that people use to take to fish in the lake. The lake is directly across S. Conway Rd from Sawgrass.

Q:Have you seen pictures of Dante and/or Annie D, and do you recall ever seeing them around there? Did you know Derrick W, who was apparently an earlier occupant of #218?
Are you aware of any possible entertainment/escort services that may have been running out of Sawgrass apartments, or by anyone who was living in Sawgrass?
A: No to all 3

Q: Is there anyone there who does babysitting that you know of?
A:Not that I am aware of but I would not be surprised if someone did. There are a alot of young children.

Q:Is there ANY apt. in the complex that has been observed ... or even had "chatter" about being observed as having "more traffic than is normal?" that you are aware of?
A:No

Hey, David! Welcome to WS. Since you've lurked and have now joined, sure hope to see you on the other threads.

Now, for my question. (You had to know one was coming, right?) Would you kinda walk us through the route from SG to Amscot? And roughly how long does it take to get from A to B? TIA.

P.S. David, if you see anything in my summary that I need to correct, by all means let me know and I will tend to it right away! Sorry that post was so long folks, its the last summary I'll be sending but maybe it will save a little time for us! The maps are great! Thanks!

I copied my posts on the other thread that I asked of David, his replies are in red!

Thanks for the offer to ask questions about Sawgrass! The news showed construction going on and it appeared to be that they were replacing railing and balcony repairs on the building that holds #210. Do you remember if the railing and/or balcony was in bad condition during the timerange of June 15 on? I ask this because I keep thinking of a possible accident there.

The apartment was vacant for some time up until late June when new tenants moved in. I imagine there was some need to repair that railing in order to make it suitable for new renters. The work started the day after the story hit the news.

so, just to be clear, you're saying someone did in fact move into 210 at the end of june?

also, the repair work didn't start until mid july, after new tenants moved in? did those tenant only live there for a short time?

i only ask because according to LE, that apartment was vacant when they took casey there in mid-july. also, according to the SG supervisor/manager, NO one lived there for 142 days. i also wonder why they wouldn't make repairs before someone moved in, as you indicated they would.

thanks for helping us all out.

DIAGRAM.jpg

Here is a cheap diagram.

A- APT 210
B-Sawgrass Dumpster
C -Security gate
D Shopping Center Dumpster
E Shopping Center Dumpster
F- Main Office

Hope this helps
Welcome, David! This is most valuable and thank you so much! I have wondered about the dumpster(s). It seems it wouldn't be uncommon for people to drive their trash to it since there's only one? I too am curious how often it's emptied.

The grass and areas around the pond, are they well maintained and were they kept trimmed down neatly during the mth of June? Are there any secluded areas at all around the pond? thanks again!

I don't believe this area was ever searched but it is a very small pond. It is important to note the ponds and lakes in the area did not get filled until after Fay which hit in August. The rainy season does not really start in Florida until roughly June 1. The pond would have been low and the grass and weeds have been cut many times since then.

Hi DavidK,

Across the street from the entrance to Sawgrass is Lake Tennessee (I believe). There is a chain link fence that borders most of the lake across from your entrance BUT there is a good bit of lake directly accessable from South Conway Road (facing the lake it is on the right). My question is, have you ever seen anyone searching this area (like Law enforcement or independent searchers?).
Thanks,
T

There are cameras at Sawgrass. It is possible there is existing surveillance.

DavidK,

Sawgrass used to be a "gated" community or is it only gated during evening hours? Do you know when they stopped using the actual gates during the day(general time period). For instance, today I simply drove right in.

T

Good Day David K.

Are there speed bumps through the roads in the complex.
Also is there ever any gatherings of people with tricked out cars that would have a unofficial 'car meet' in the complex.

I don't know if he responded yet, but yes there are speed bumps in the complex.

T

I am hopeful the LEO's are there for a reason:crazy:

Conways BBQ, LA Fitness, Pit Row Sports Bar, Wing Shack, Winn Dixie, Quiznos, there are others but those are the ones I know

And a Bank of America in that shopping center.

Thanks! that is the first Ive ever heard of security gates!

What is the name of the shopping complex nearby? I havent heard much on one being so close there so that is new info for me at least!

I have heard of a huge fenced lake or pond directly across the road from SG, is that easy or hard to access, if it is really there, and if it is not there, can you let us know what is across from the complex?
Reason I ask: Casey showed LE a building across the road from Glenwood and Glenwood was important, so that brings me to wonder what is across from SG. Maybe if SG turns out to be not important, perhaps what is across the rd is, just a thought.

It's easy to access! I drove up to it today right across from Sawgrass' entrance! I thought the chain link went the entire distance, but it does not. Mind you, there is a house next to it but the fence is super high.

It's easy to access! I drove up to it today right across from Sawgrass' entrance! I thought the chain link went the entire distance, but it does not. Mind you, there is a house next to it but the fence is super high.

Theonly1 - Seeing as you're driving around and seeing all of these places...Would you consider taking a camera along and posting a few pics for those of us who can't???
:D

I would love to see some pictures taken of the locations around Sawgrass. IE: The dumpsters, pond, security gate, apartments across the street, etc..

Nothing like a bird's eye view.

I took some pictures today. How would I go about uploading and attaching them here? [Hold my hand and I'll post them up.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
username_not_found