SBTC IS 7282 IS "PATC"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SuperDave said:
"When asked by 911 she may of simply skimmed the note to the end to see if it was signed."

I can't remember if she was asked.

"Also SD, if she wrote the note it would seem to me the more logical answer to the dispatchers question would be 'a small foriegn faction'."

I don't know. I'd have asked more specifics than that.
Sorry, your answers confuse me SD. Do you mean you as the 911 dispatcher would have asked more specifics?
What do you mean by "I cant't remember if she was asked" You can listen to to 911 call anytime you want. Of course she was asked. She was asked twice by the 911 dispatcher. And I say again my feeling is if you wish to assume she was the author of the RN and went to all the "over the top" flamboyance to blame a small foriegn faction, then I believe her answer to the question posed to her would more likley have been "a small foriegn faction".

"Sorry, your answers confuse me SD. Do you mean you as the 911 dispatcher would have asked more specifics?"

Yep. One, it helps to keep the person talking. Two, it would help me in relaying the message to the police.

"And I say again my feeling is if you wish to assume she was the author of the RN and went to all the 'over the top' flamboyance to blame a small foriegn faction, then I believe her answer to the question posed to her would more likley have been 'a small foriegn faction'."

I think she thought SBTC sounded better.

When Detectives asked John WHY he did not make the 911 call due to the fact that Patsy was screaming and hysterical, his answer was that she is the one who takes responsibility of the phone when he is at home. He claims that he does not take calls at home....it is Patsy's "job".

What kind of an answer is that? What kind of man makes his hysterical wife take responsibility for this horrendous matter of daughter being kidnapped?

When the 911 operator asks Patsy who took her....Patsy's tone changes...

"WHAT?!"....incredulous at the question.

You're not the only one. Haney himself said he felt that was odd.

He said that if his wife were in that shape, he wouldn't want her to have to take that responsibility.

The Ramsey account in DOI and the 911 call do not match. Here is the account in DOI: pg 11 - 12:

John runs down the main stairs and into the back hallway. I grasp my stomach and run after him. By the time I get to him, he is down on his hands and knees, staring at the sheets of paper spread out on the floor in front of him. He is examining the ransom note, under the ceiling lights of the back hall. ...

"What do we do?" I stammer.
He shouts, "Call the police!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. Call them!"

OK. So that explains why Patsy rather than John made the call. This is something that troubled the police. If Patsy is hysterical (or breathless at least) and John is the steady one in the circumstance why does Patsy make the call? Why didn't John make the call? It is a very good question.

The answer, according to the Ramseys, is that John was reading the (rather lengthy) ransom note. He has the note spread out on the floor in the back hall under the ceiling lights. Call the police! he says. So it was Patsy who called 911.

By her own account Patsy had not read the whole of the (rather lengthy) ransom note. She called for John before she read it all. He arrived, starting reading it, started assessing it, made the decision to immediately call 911.

But here is the problem:

In the 911 call the operator asks an unexpected question.

"Does it (RN) say who took her (JbR)?" asks 911.

Patsy is a bit taken aback - it is a question she wasn't expecting. "What!!?" she asks. The operator repeats: "Does it say who took her?"

And Patsy READS FROM THE NOTE. "SBTC. Victory!"

Is Patsy, then, holding the note? Isn't the note spread out on the floor where John is assessing it while Patsy rings 911? But pretty clearly Patsy reads from the note at this point in the call. Listen to the call again. She reads from the note (page 3) in response to the (unexpected) question from the 911 operator.

So, if she is holding the note and the note is not on the floor in the back hall, the question stands: Why is it Patsy and not John making the call?

The response that the home phone was Patsy's thing isn't very satisfactory in the circumstances.

What is John doing while Patsy calls 911? Answer: reading and assessing the note? If not, why is he letting the breathless Patsy make the call?

imo, their account and the 911 call are at odds. It seems Patsy made the call while holding the ransom note. (???) So what was John doing?

There is something phoney or not quite right about the call and I think this is it - Patsy's reaction to the unexpected question.

4sure said:
I would disagree SD. When asked by 911 she may of simply skimmed the note to the end to see if it was signed.

Seems so, 4sure. So she was holding the note? According to their own account the note was spread on the back hall floor where John was reading and assessing it while Patsy did the ringing. But the 911 operator asked an unexpected question. It seems that when Patsy reported the ransom note she didn't expect that the 911 operator would ask if someone had signed it. She seems to skim down and *read out* SBTC Victory!, very deliberately. But she was taken aback to be asked that question.

As it happens, I think it gives them away. So Patsy had the note when she rang 911. Or she had in fact read the whole note already, which she claims she did not do. Either way, it is the first hole in their account. The first mistake is only seconds into the 911 call.

Plenum7 said:
Seems so, 4sure. So she was holding the note? According to their own account the note was spread on the back hall floor where John was reading and assessing it while Patsy did the ringing. But the 911 operator asked an unexpected question. It seems that when Patsy reported the ransom note she didn't expect that the 911 operator would ask if someone had signed it. She seems to skim down and *read out* SBTC Victory!, very deliberately. But she was taken aback to be asked that question.

As it happens, I think it gives them away. So Patsy had the note when she rang 911. Or she had in fact read the whole note already, which she claims she did not do. Either way, it is the first hole in their account. The first mistake is only seconds into the 911 call.
Well I guess I'm destined to be debating the IDI side beings everyone else seems to be on the RDI side. Would it be too hard to imagine Plenum 7, that Patsy could reach the area where the note was laid out by John while on the phone?

4sure said:
Well I guess I'm destined to be debating the IDI side beings everyone else seems to be on the RDI side. Would it be too hard to imagine Plenum 7, that Patsy could reach the area where the note was laid out by John while on the phone?

You are not alone 4sure. I may not agree with the way the Ramsey's have handled everything,but I do not think they had anything to do with the murder of JonBenet or a cover up.

capps said:
You are not alone 4sure. I may not agree with the way the Ramsey's have handled everything,but I do not think they had anything to do with the murder of JonBenet or a cover up.
The Ramsey's do (did) seem to be their own worst enemys in some ways, thats 4sure. I spent some time looking over some of the different floor plans to the home and pictures of the phone and hallway area. I could not determine however where the phone exactly was in comparison to the hall.

"Well I guess I'm destined to be debating the IDI side beings everyone else seems to be on the RDI side. Would it be too hard to imagine Plenum 7, that Patsy could reach the area where the note was laid out by John while on the phone?"

If that were the case, why not just ask him?

SuperDave said:
"Well I guess I'm destined to be debating the IDI side beings everyone else seems to be on the RDI side. Would it be too hard to imagine Plenum 7, that Patsy could reach the area where the note was laid out by John while on the phone?"

If that were the case, why not just ask him?
Well you don't know she didn't. Patsy could of made a jester of some sorts to John. John may have heard the dispatcher himself if Patsy was close enough to him. He may of pointed to the signature for her. A lot of things are possible. Also, once agian "why not just ask him?" falls into the catagory of a rational reaction, however this is not a rational situation and I would not expect one to be thinking clearly or reasonably. More importantly as I sit here and think about it, I would be astonished by the question. I'm calling to report my child being kidnapped and the dispatcher wants to know if the letter says who took her? Columbo she "ain't". Get the cops over here hunny!

You're right. I thought about that yesterday. But then, why not just say so?

"I would not expect one to be thinking clearly or reasonably"

Now you're talking my language.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties