SBTC IS 7282 IS "PATC"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what the PIN number for her ATM is/was?

Perhaps as some of us had previously thought, that patsy wrote the note while john dictated, and after john said "victory!" patsy wrote down a little acronym at the end as her contribution to the note. John might have asked what sbtc stood for and patsy might have said its just random letters this foreign faction uses which will confuse the cops and detract them from us, all the while she was leaving her name?

The good southern common sense line makes more sense if john was dictating.In most media interviews john is in control and also in Police interviews Patsy likes to the old "i dont know ask John" routine.

miles407 said:
I JUST PURCHASED A CELL PHONE 2 DAYS AGO. I HAD A LIGHTBULB MOMENT. SBTC ON YOUR PHONE PAD IS "7282". NOW GO BACK TO PHONE PAD. THE FIRST LETTER ON NO. 7 IS "P". THE FIRST LETTER ON NO.2 IS "A". THE FIRST LETTER ON NO.8 IS "T". THE LAST LETTER ON NO.2 IS "C". SBTC IS 7282 IS "PATC". A COINCIDENCE? MAYBE.
Miles407, you have knocked the ball right out of the park, with your first post!

I think you have solved the mystery.

(when I was a kid, I used to toy with different spellings for "sandy" - like SAN-D, or S&E, lol)

It would be just like Patsy (PAT-C) to throw in something cute at the end - she just couldn't resist!

Well done, miles!:clap:

Miles407, you have knocked the ball right out of the park, with your first post!

I think you have solved the mystery.
I just can't agree here. The randomness theory relating to the #'s and letters from a dial pad is a huge stretch. If you think that theory is plausible, then SBTC could have stood for anything you or anyone can think of.

These things almost always end up being the first notion and most obvious...Saved By The Cross. Patsy was religious and John was not too religious.

Patsy wrote the RN and she felt compelled (religious as she was???) to incorporate something that alluded to her daughter's soul (why? you ask?) ...becuase Patsy knew her daughter was already dead when wrote the idiotic ransom note and gave herself away with the "most obvious" signature at the end. Unfortunately. LE did not see it that way. The bible was blatantly left open by Patsy's & JR's bed the morning after JBR's murder.

miles407 said:
I JUST PURCHASED A CELL PHONE 2 DAYS AGO. I HAD A LIGHTBULB MOMENT. SBTC ON YOUR PHONE PAD IS "7282". NOW GO BACK TO PHONE PAD. THE FIRST LETTER ON NO. 7 IS "P". THE FIRST LETTER ON NO.2 IS "A". THE FIRST LETTER ON NO.8 IS "T". THE LAST LETTER ON NO.2 IS "C". SBTC IS 7282 IS "PATC". A COINCIDENCE? MAYBE.
Omg.

There are so many coincidences in this case, it's just not funny.
I really should have started a list as I've forgotten alot of them now.
I wonder what they all mean..
I've always gone with 'saved by the cross'.
PATC could be another example of PR already having confessed to this crime.

Miles, thanks for some really original new thinking. It's amazing that after this long we still get some.

I'll have to read your opening post again to get it. Would Patsy?

Charlie said:
WOW....that cant be a coincidence
Why cant it be? I think the whole notion is a stretch at best..I cant believe what you guilties come up with as signficant or "telling"..do you really think she looked at the phone and decided what to sign in a ransome note-I dont get it.

newtv said:
Why cant it be? I think the whole notion is a stretch at best..I cant believe what you guilties come up with as signficant or "telling"..do you really think she looked at the phone and decided what to sign in a ransome note-I dont get it.
Actually, it may be a "stretch", but given how very hard I tried to make it an IDI.....there are lots in this case of sleuthing that can be considered a "stretch"!

newtv said:
No I think it could be something she was aware of long before that fateful night. It would not surprise me if she doodled PATC on her school notebooks, the same way I doodled SAN-D on mine.

I also am very aware of the letters assigned to phone digits. I often try to remember a difficult number by learning the associated letters. I can sometimes come up with a word. Businesses do this too - the Papa John's pizza delivery in my neighborhood is 310-PAPA.

"you guilties"? :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yikes! I definitely think PR is way craftier than anyone gives her credit for. I'm still a bit on the fence, but this one rings true to me.

Great catch!!

Jacobi said:
if you add a 6 it becomes 72682 or SANTA! :)
Very interesting, what a clever mind you have miles407... but I think to say it means Patsy for sure is a bit of a stretch, sometimes a coincidence is just that, a coincidence. That is one of the problems with the investigations/speculations made about this case thus far. People become so intent on being loyal to/investments made in one theory, that they cannot see other details clearly, they begin to see mere coincidence as "evidence," seeking out those "facts" which confirm their pet theory, throwing out the rest. Along these lines, as Jacobi has suggested, the letters could be turned into any number of names depending on what "logic" on uses in their numerology pattern and what rose coloured glasses (theory) one is looking through. Its a bit like those fortune telling numerology articles in the back of Cosmo, you add up your birthday, year, and month and the corresponding number gives you your fortune or "insights" into your personality. Trouble is, if you read all of the fortunes/"insights" you'll find parts of your life/personality in all of them.

If the note had been signed with the numbers 7282 (instead of the corresponding numbers), that would be something to think seriously about.

Great sleuthing none the less!

newtv said:
I thought it was an original thought, something I haven't seen on this forum for a while, so good onya Miles!

PR may very well have looked at the phone and came up with that crazy idea, who knows?
I think some people have hit the nail on the head with the idea that PR was mentally ill.
Maybe even wanting to be found out, it's not the first time something has come up about her confessing.

I dont think its that much of a stretch, patsy might have thought to leave her own name in a cryptic way, she looked at the phone and thought i'll use one letter from each number that has the same letter as my own name. Its pretty simple when you think of it. Anyways an interesting addition to the SBTC debate.

Coincidence? Karma? Fate?

John Denver sang: "Im leavin on a jet plane
Dont know when Ill be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go."

He died piloting a plane off the coast of California.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Superman one: "was faster than a speeding bullet"
except for the one that killed him.

Superman two: "Flew fearlessly through the air and could only be killed byCryptonite" (sp?)....
....until he fell off of a horse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Crocodile Hunter: Praised the joys and pleasures of the wild and dangerous animal kingdom. He taught children to respect, but to not fear wild dangerous animals. He was one of 18 human deaths from the 'non-preditor', stingray.

Maybe the higher power just has a strange sense of Irony....
(May They RIP)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Yet even in certain defeat, the courageous (Sleuther) secretly clung to the belief that life is not merely a series of meaningless accidents or coincidences. But rather it's a tapestry of events that culminate in an exquisite, sublime plan.'
( paraphrased from the movie Serendipity 2001-a crappy, 'chick flick' of a movie, but it had some really cool lines in it.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you say we give this guy a break?
We pride ourselves on looking at the whole picture.
Well, the whole picture here could be, that maybe, just maybe, Patsy didn't note the numbers on a phone which coordinated with the letters of her name that also spelled the SBTC. It could also be that maybe, just maybe, rather than choosing to look at this as a series of meaningless accidents or coinsidences, we could try for a moment to see the distinct possibility of a tapestry of events culminating in an excusite, sublime plan with some higher power revealing a tiny, little clue as to 'who done it' in this somewhat obscure but profound way.

It definately makes life more interesting! ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back