SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. I've followed this case since it happened and haven't seen anything that connected Amber & Heather. Heather had a well-documented connection to the Moorers. I've never seen anything that has shown Amber knew them.

If Amber worked at Tilted Kilt (even if it was before Heather did), she likely knew Sidney. How long had he been doing maintenance work for them? I wonder if the Moorers' phone records were ever looked into for this timeframe.

How sad Ambers case doesn’t seem to have as much attention as Heathers. I wonder if any of Ambers friends could have said yes or no whether or not she even knew SM.

My questions

Did she even work at Tilted Kilt?

Is the info that she had SM’s number on her phone true?

Where was she employed when she was murdered?

How sad Ambers case doesn’t seem to have as much attention as Heathers. I wonder if any of Ambers friends could have said yes or no whether or not she even knew SM.

My questions

Did she even work at Tilted Kilt?

Is the info that she had SM’s number on her phone true?

Where was she employed when she was murdered?

I've never seen or read anything that she crossed paths with the Moorers. I also have never heard of her working at the Tilted Kilt or having the Moorers's # on her phone. I believe she was working at Greg Normans in Myrtle Beach at the time of her murder. I want to say she had another job at a Sports Bar. Possibly Overtime Sports Cafe?

Last edited:
I've never seen or read anything that she crossed paths with the Moorers. I also have never heard of her working at the Tilted Kilt or having the Moorers's # on her phone. I believe she was working at Greg Normans in Myrtle Beach at the time of her murder.
Thank you. I have followed Heathers case since the beginning and can’t remember where exactly I read that info. I have always thought it was just rumours.
It is extremely sad that her case has hit a wall. From what her sister said it seems to have gone cold after just three months. Why not release those videos. Bring new attention to her case.

Thank you. I have followed Heathers case since the beginning and can’t remember where exactly I read that info. I have always thought it was just rumours.
It is extremely sad that her case has hit a wall. From what her sister said it seems to have gone cold after just three months. Why not release those videos. Bring new attention to her case.
You are welcome and I remember they were looking at another guy (initials DM) that was arrested for a murder in the area, but could never link him to the Amber except he frequented bars where trivia games were played and the Overtime Sports Cafe had a trivia night once per week. I don't believe anything ever came of it.

You are welcome and I remember they were looking at another guy (initials DM) that was arrested for a murder in the area, but could never link him to the Amber except he frequented bars where trivia games were played and the Overtime Sports Cafe had a trivia night once per week. I don't believe anything ever came of it.
Is this DM still incarcerated? They actually just found bones in the area where Amber was found. I’m not sure how close because they didn’t give a definitive location. Just that it was near the Parkway and Old Sanders Drive.

So we know her employment when she was murdered. What about her employment before that?

I kind of feel like this has stayed cold because of the lack of information just in general. Sadly now so much time has passed so social media searches would probably yield nothing. Still someone somewhere must know something. Someone could have seen her that day. Would love to see her case gain more attention!

Is this DM still incarcerated? They actually just found bones in the area where Amber was found. I’m not sure how close because they didn’t give a definitive location. Just that it was near the Parkway and Old Sanders Drive.

He is still incarcerated. I was wrong about the location of the murder that landed him in jail. It was in Indiana and not Myrtle Beach. I don't remember how, but he was linked to the area at one point. The news link that supported this no longer works.

I kind of feel like this has stayed cold because of the lack of information just in general. Sadly now so much time has passed so social media searches would probably yield nothing. Still someone somewhere must know something. Someone could have seen her that day. Would love to see her case gain more attention!

(bbm)

Same!!!! I don't get why it hasn't??!!!

I'm highly curious because HE is still missing and a body was found recently in the same area as Amber's.

Amber's location was Robert Edge Parkway & Old Sanders Dr.
Newly found remains found Old Sanders Dr. & Green Village Rd. 1.9 miles apart.

That's the facts from MSM. Working at the Tilted Kilt, not so sure of. Once read it was before the business was called the Tilted Kilt? Another bar/food place. Sidney relationship, only rumors.

I wanted to add a couple of things. She was seen on security video earlier in the day in town (Myrtle Beach SC) running errands, paying bills,etc. She appeared to be alone as the video did not show anyone with her. The road where her car was found was NOT the most direct route back to her home. Going totally from memory, LE theorized that she may have picked up someone in town and was giving them a ride home when the person suddenly turned on her. She was found laying on the ground beside her car, which was still running. That tells me that whatever happened, transpired very quickly. (Assuming she was driving), she never had time to switch off her engine. She was either attacked while inside her car or pulled over to talk with or pick up someone walking on the road or either someone flagged down her car.

The part that stuck with me was the viciousness of the attack. Her head was crushed and grossly disfigured by a piece of concrete or a large rock. The injuries were so severe that LE initially thought she had been been shot in the head with a large caliber gun. This tends to make me believe that the killer or killers was someone who had a deep seeded hatred for her or perhaps for women in general.

MOO, but I believe the case went cold so quickly because there were simply no suspects and the attack appeared to be random. According to LE, she wasn't raped or robbed and she had no known enemies. She had recently gotten engaged and her fiance was out of the country at the time.

FWIW, this murder actually occurred in North Myrtle Beach, which at the time had a large number of vagrants & homeless population.

I'm highly curious because HE is still missing and a body was found recently in the same area as Amber's.

Amber's location was Robert Edge Parkway & Old Sanders Dr.
Newly found remains found Old Sanders Dr. & Green Village Rd. 1.9 miles apart.

That's the facts from MSM. Working at the Tilted Kilt, not so sure of. Once read it was before the business was called the Tilted Kilt? Another bar/food place. Sidney relationship, only rumors.

I first saw the supposed connection reading through Heathers threads. I had a feeling it was all speculation.

I don’t want to disparage Amber what so ever but I have to wonder if this could have been a drug deal gone bad. Just because a young person smokes pot or what not does not make them a bad person or deserving of a crime.

Has it even been said what she purchased at the gas station? If she was out taking care of bills, it could be possible she was meeting someone to get something for the weekend?
It seems like a pretty violent crime to just happen. Meaning nothing was taken she wasn’t raped and I don’t feel like it was a crime of passion because the fiancé was in Europe and there is no mention of any jilted lover.

As far as her being late for work does anyone know the facts there? Was she already late at 4?

I first saw the supposed connection reading through Heathers threads. I had a feeling it was all speculation.

I don’t want to disparage Amber what so ever but I have to wonder if this could have been a drug deal gone bad. Just because a young person smokes pot or what not does not make them a bad person or deserving of a crime.

Has it even been said what she purchased at the gas station? If she was out taking care of bills, it could be possible she was meeting someone to get something for the weekend?
It seems like a pretty violent crime to just happen. Meaning nothing was taken she wasn’t raped and I don’t feel like it was a crime of passion because the fiancé was in Europe and there is no mention of any jilted lover.

As far as her being late for work does anyone know the facts there? Was she already late at 4?

BBM...There was a message on her phone from her employer asking if she was coming to work, because it was past timed for her to be there. LE theorized and her autopsy showed that she was deceased at the time she was supposed to report for her shift. I don't recall the exact time she was supposed to start work.

The viciousness of the attack indicates a lot of hatred. Her head was pulverized. Again, going from memory, but I want to say the murder weapon was obtained from the concrete near the overpass/underpass where she was found. That is why I feel that someone simply turned on her at the spare on the moment. The killer would have brought a weapon with them such as a knife, gun, etc.

I've never read or heard anything from LE about a possible drug connection. I've always believed that the killer flagged her down and quickly turned on her for whatever reason. But, that still doesn't explain why she was on that road which was NOT the route she would normally take home.

BBM...There was a message on her phone from her employer asking if she was coming to work, because it was past timed for her to be there. LE theorized and her autopsy showed that she was deceased at the time she was supposed to report for her shift. I don't recall the exact time she was supposed to start work.

The viciousness of the attack indicates a lot of hatred. Her head was pulverized. Again, going from memory, but I want to say the murder weapon was obtained from the concrete near the overpass/underpass where she was found. That is why I feel that someone simply turned on her at the spare on the moment. The killer would have brought a weapon with them such as a knife, gun, etc.

I've never read or heard anything from LE about a possible drug connection. I've always believed that the killer flagged her down and quickly turned on her for whatever reason. But, that still doesn't explain why she was on that road which was NOT the route she would normally take home.

Thank you so much. Appreciate you sharing your knowledge of the case. It does seem to be a spur of the moment type attack.
I too question why she was on that road if it wasn’t the fastest way home. Did her family know which routes she took? For instance I am a backroad driver. I have all these back ways to get places and my family knows it. The joke is I take long cuts not short cuts. Maybe she liked going that way or maybe it was out of character for her. I would think her family would know.
We know she had money on her because she was paying bills. Was she found with all of her money still?
Was she frequently late for work? Was she going home first prior to work? So many questions...
I kind of feel like she was meeting someone and it went very wrong. I think two people may have been involved. One was the person in her car already and the other was someone they were meeting. I don’t think she knew her killer. But this is all speculation and just my opinion.
Did investigators ever release if their was any blood evidence in the car?
They need to release the footage of the person in the car with her. I don’t see how withholding that info helps the case.

It seems the old links no longer work. I'll try to answer your questions from memory.
I've never seen anything about the routes she took to work.
She was killed at least two hours BEFORE she was to have started her shift, so I'm pretty sure she wasn't going to there when she was murdered.
LE commented that there was money in her purse when she was found.
Her employer described her as punctual and rarely late or absent.
I don't believe there was any blood in the car and everything done to her was outside of her vehicle.
I hope I didn't mislead you, but I am not aware of a video that had someone else in the car with her. The only video I am aware of captured her inside a store and she was alone at the time. There was a man standing in front of her at the counter, but I think he was identified & cleared of even being with her.

There was another poster that stated Amber had worked at the Tilted Kilt, but no link was provided. So, I am not sure about that.

From my LE experience, I can attest that crimes that seem random or have no apparent motive are the most difficult to solve. In most (not all) the motive will lead you to the killer. That is what this case appears to be.

Here is a news story from 2017 on the 4th anniversary of her death:

Four years later, Amber Berbiglia's murder remains unsolved

Wonder if that unit ever materialized? The one with retired detectives....

As far as the other video I mentioned, somewhere here in one of the posts, said her sister Amanda had stated it. Not sure if that’s reliable. Will go back and watch some of her interviews again.

Yeah, good point. & re the perp, I guess I assumed its a male bc of Amber's defensive wounds. Could be a female as well. I think you're right, they haven't released that...
Someone in the Gannon Stauch thread wondered if LS, the step-mother of Gannon Stauch, could possibly be the perp in Amber's murder.
MOO

Someone in the Gannon Stauch thread wondered if LS, the step-mother of Gannon Stauch, could possibly be the perp in Amber's murder.
MOO

??

Why...?

Tia in advance for a response. I haven’t gotten to follow Gannon’s thread due to being swamped in the Covid-19 thread.

This is actually the second time this woman has been referenced as being a possible perp in another case. In that other case, there is no way on earth the perps currently in jail aren’t the ones responsible for the victim’s murder.

LS has family in MB. She was,arrested there recently for the murder of her step-son.
She appears to be a,very violent woman. Attacked LE while being extradited from MB to Colorado.
Some wonder if her 11 year old step-son was her first victim.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back