DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=10292127

Associated Press - May 2, 2009 5:25 PM ET

Search of SC river for missing NY teen in 2nd day

A South Carolina sheriff says officers searching for a missing 17-year-old New York girl are looking about 35 miles south of Myrtle Beach because that's the last place her cell phone gave off a signal.

Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb said Saturday that neither Brittanee Drexel nor her cell phone has been found...

...The signal was captured last Sunday, a day after police say the teen was last seen after she left a group of friends who had traveled from Rochester, N.Y., to visit people at another hotel.

It appears that PB has given DNA and the car has been searched and released back to him. I notice it says that's why she came to see him was to get flip-flops that she left there.

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=88642

I also never noticed in the pictures of her leaving the hotel,she does have something in her right hand.

Have they interviewed the girls at all, have the girls stated why they changed hotels and "left" Brit's stuff in her room? Maybe a girl was Jealous of Brit and Peter, and they "beat" her up then dumped her after.

The definition of an Internet Troll from Wiki is hardly what would be compared to those of us at WS. And I, as others would as well, take great offense to that comparison. Cryptic "I know something you don't" posts are not allowed at WS for one thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion

Yes, IMO, anyone who inserts themselves into an investigation for their own nefarious reasons, deserves to have LE show up at their door for taking away precious resources needed to investigate real leads. BTW, it doesn't appear by reading the comments that anyone is buying what he's selling.

Believe me when I say this guy is no different than anyone else from any other high profile crime case where someone wants their 15 minutes of fame, or money. And in the case of Psychics, it's usually to drum up business or scam the family of crime victims. It's a cruel thing what these guys do to family and friends desperate for information on their loved ones. I've seen it too many times not to recognize it when I see it, and I have zero tolerance.

Zero tolerance is fine...when warranted.

I apparently missed the part where this guy was asking for money from Brittanee's family so he could scam them. :waitasec: I also missed the part that indicates he has "nefarious" reasons for posting what he does.:waitasec:

something else i thought about-i might be off track here but didnt the report say that Peter packed up at 1:30 am on sunday and headed back to ny? well B was reported missing at 4:54 am Sunday so did he leave for Ny before knowing she was missing and report her missing on his way back to NY? Also something else strange is when someone is missing you normally dont think they are missing as soon as he reported her missing. I mean if she left at 8:00 pm, what would make him think she was missing so soon as to call at 4:54 am. In most cases you would think oh she must be out partying or something. But to call that soon almost raises a red flag to say it was a cover up, IMO.

He (Peter) did not report her missing, nor did the girls she was with. According to an interview with her mom, her boyfriend at home became concerned when she stopped texting or calling him, he then called the friend John in North Carolina to discuss what to do, as the boyfriend knew her parents were not aware Brittani was in South Carolina. The friend John called her mother, and her mother asked him to drive down to Myrtle Beach and find out what was going on. Later in the morning the mom told friend John to file the police report.

oh i see. makes sense now. There are so many things being said about her, it gets confusing as to who is who. for the friends she was with to just pack up and leave her is messed up. So basically she goes off and they(or whoever left) decide to leave at 130 am without her. Something doesnt sound right about that.

Whoever wrote the blog on myspace in Seabreeze SC or wherever is online now....

He deserves to have the FBI show up at his door???? Should everyone here deserve that, too?? Honestly - It's not too different from what everyone (myself included)does here at WS...the myspace guy is simply using a different forum to post his thoughts. If he's a troll, then we're ALL trolls. Do we WS'ers not "come out" whenever there is a high-profile missing person case? You know the saying about casting stones in glass houses, right?

The myspace appears to be a psychic, or empath, as someone indicated earlier and he is simply posting his thoughts/ideas.
--------

Does anyone know where he is located? I just logged in and the description makes me think of Awendaw just south of Georgetown toward Charleston. There is an ABC store (store to buy liguor, alcohol), in South Carolina, the store is identified by large red balls on the store itself. He is also describing an intracoastal waterway marker with the square pilings, in SC. I'm very interested in where he is located and where he was at the time of the disappearance.

there is now a picture posted of Seabrook island on his page. i thought maybe it was someone who saw something and is scared to call police or something. Again my opinion but something about him keeps me wondering. I am wondering why noone has investigated his page after being called about it.

I wonder if Le have a warrant for the cell phone pings for all the girls and guys there with her? I'm betting some have a ping in the same area as Brittanee's last cell phone ping. those records could break the case wide open. I so hope they got a judge to issue warrants for the records.

I thought it could be the girls till I read the chart info. Looks like a well to do Guy. Hoping this one doesn't turn out to be another Hollaway case.

I know nothing about MB is it a safe area? I hope it's nothing like Satsuma FL!!

there is now a picture posted of Seabrook island on his page. i thought maybe it was someone who saw something and is scared to call police or something. Again my opinion but something about him keeps me wondering. I am wondering why noone has investigated his page after being called about it.

-----------
This man gives me the heebie geebies.

Have they interviewed the girls at all, have the girls stated why they changed hotels and "left" Brit's stuff in her room? Maybe a girl was Jealous of Brit and Peter, and they "beat" her up then dumped her after.
I've just been reading to catch up on what's going on with this case ~ and I could see this scenario happening. But the biggest problem I have is the location of Brittanee's cell phone over 30 mi. away. How would this group, supposedly unfamiliar with the area, get to that location to dump her? :waitasec: MOO

As far as speculating who may be responsible for B's disappearance (outside of the young people who drove down from Rochester), it could have very well been someone who is familiar with Myrtle Beach, lets say maybe someone who goes up there to party or pick up females on the weekends??, someone who may live more south of MB and headed back (south) in a direction they were familiar with.

Zero tolerance is fine...when warranted.

I apparently missed the part where this guy was asking for money from Brittanee's family so he could scam them. :waitasec: I also missed the part that indicates he has "nefarious" reasons for posting what he does.:waitasec:

When is the last time someone like him has added anything of value to a case like this?

Getting back to Brittanee....

If LE has investigated him we probably won't hear about it unless he talks about it. Seriously, LE has to chase stuff like this down all the time.

I am from South Carolina, and I am very familiar with the entire area that extends from Myrtle Beach to Georgetown. It is called the Grand Strand. My parents have a place on Pawleys Island which is about 20 miles south of Myrtle and close to Georgetown. In my opinion it would be highly unlikely for those teenagers from NY to have any knowledge of the Pawleys Island and Georgetown area. Pawleys Island and Litchfield are more family oriented, and Myrtle Beach (especially Ocean Boulevard) is definitely where the teenagers want to go. Ocean Boulevard is generally very busy, and the cars are usually bumper to bumper at this time of the year. I have to wonder if she went off of the beaten path to a more secluded area. Northerners would come to and from Myrtle Beach via I-95, and they would not even be close to Georgetown if they went that way. Georgetown is closer to Charleston and Seabrook Island.

My husband and I went to Pawleys Island a couple of weeks ago, and we decided to drive down Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach one night. I was so surprised at how sketchy and rough the area looked. We are from different cities in SC so we did not know each other in high school,and college, but we both used to go with our friends to Myrtle Beach and Ocean Drive. We both said that maybe the area has always been rough, but we didn't realize it when we were teenagers.

We have two daughters, and I don't think that I would ever let them go there for Spring break. It is just too dangerous. Of course, the missing girl's mother did not let her go either. I can't believe that my parents even let me go when I was Brittanee's age. However, it is a much more dangerous world now.

Thank you for your description clemsongrad. I've been reading the thread today and this is starting to feel like a possible stranger abduction scenario to me. A crime of opportunity for a predator. Someone that has knowledge of the area where her cell phone last pinged.

Just my thoughts as of this minute, subject to change of course.

I wonder if Le have a warrant for the cell phone pings for all the girls and guys there with her? I'm betting some have a ping in the same area as Brittanee's last cell phone ping. those records could break the case wide open. I so hope they got a judge to issue warrants for the records.

I thought it could be the girls till I read the chart info. Looks like a well to do Guy. Hoping this one doesn't turn out to be another Hollaway case.

I know nothing about MB is it a safe area? I hope it's nothing like Satsuma FL!!

Some people would probably say yes it is a safe place....but not really. There are lots of good young people who go there to just have fun with friends, and I am sure that most of them wouldn't hurt anyone. But it is wild, and crowded and lots of drinking, so I would say NEVER safe to go anywhere alone even as a guy, let alone a 17 year old girl!

We have been there many times and my daughter is now 22 and I STILL would not let her go anywhere by herself. We stay about 10+ miles south of the main party area, but my answer would still be NO.

Also her family owns time-share there so B was familiar with the area as well...just sayin
The girl JO that invited B used to live in Myrtle to.

Some people would probably say yes it is a safe place....but not really.

I'm 25 and would never walk the strip in Myrtle Beach alone. I go there every summer but have not been to spring break in MB in about ten years... but back then, it was wild and crazy. It is basically a drunken crowd of high school and college students spilling out of hotels and motels into the streets. Random hookups, girls flashing... it is not somewhere I would ever want my younger sisters going for spring break!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme