Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so, she goes over to a hotel room to see this guy Peter (has he said why she went over there?) and there are four other guys staying there? Do we know if they were all there when B showed up or just Peter,? A tiny, cute young thing like her walking into a hotel room with 5 guys are staying and who knows what condition they were in (alcohol, drugs)...that sounds like very bad trouble to me.

Did Peter leave by himself or did the whole group of guys leave together for home?

Peter B. did not go down in his own car suppossedly. ALL the boys left at 1 or 2am-at the same time. Two of the boys go to community college and wanted to be back in town. News articles in the other 'support' thread for Brittanee give pieces of these details.

It was an odd time to leave, although the ride takes about 14hrs back to Rochester.
Unfortunately, this one guy is being mentioned in the news repeatedly, yet all the boys were present in the room when she came and went. They were watching a basketball game. The hotel video shows her arriving and leaving there untroubled within a very short period. http://rochesterhomepage.net/content...ext/?cid=88382 For all we know, he's the one who spoke up on behalf of all the boys acknowledging they did see her earlier. One of the girls probably gave Brittanee's boyfriend his name and he was the 'contact'.

The reporting has not been clear on this case.

John Hahn says he last made contact with Drexel on Saturday around 8 p.m.
Police say that's around the same time a group of men from her hometown last saw the missing teen, as well. Police continue to question Pete Broswick, Phillip Watson, Matthew Abrams and Keith Cummings after meeting Drexel at Club Kryptonite on Friday evening.
Questioning has revealed Drexel made additional contact with the group of men at an area of beach near the Blue Water Resort around 11 a.m. Saturday. Drexel met the group a second time in their hotel room later that night.
Broswick told police Drexel was involved in an argument with a friend over a pair of shorts she was wearing. Broswick reports Drexel had left his hotel room to return the clothing Saturday evening, and contact was lost with the teen after she left.
http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/story.asp?s=10287623

does all of that sound remotely hinky to anyone else besides me?

Peter B. did not go down in his own car suppossedly. ALL the boys left at 1 or 2am-at the same time. Two of the boys go to community college and wanted to be back in town. News articles in the other 'support' thread for Brittanee give pieces of these details.

It was an odd time to leave, although the ride takes about 14hrs back to Rochester.
Unfortunately, this one guy is being mentioned in the news repeatedly, yet all the boys were present in the room when she came and went. They were watching a basketball game. The hotel video shows her arriving and leaving there untroubled within a very short period. For all we know, he's the one who spoke up on behalf of all the boys acknowledging they did see her earlier. One of the girls probably gave Brittanee's boyfriend his name and he was the 'contact'.

The reporting has not been clear on this case.
hi fifth! Another interesting thing is that in the raw interview with the mother that I posted... she states that the boys left and checked out of the hotel right after she spoke with them and told them she was contacting authorities! I would think knowing something may be wrong and being friends they would have stayed to help out? Hinky~

what about the girls she was staying with at the beach? i thought i heard previously that there was an argument between brittaney and a girl regarding some clothes?

and then they changed hotels without telling her and left her belongings behind?

seems here lately young women have been committing crimes previously thought to be reserved only for males.

i am very suspicious of these girls' stories...hopefully with so many involved, someone will start talking soon.

Am NOT pointing a finger at this kid or his pals yet. Actually, the girls are pretty irresponsible as well, leaving town without her:mad:, and leaving her things behind.:furious:
The boys impression was she was returning to the place she was staying at w/the girls. Nice friends and associates.

Let's hope LE has obtained the phone records of all involved. It should help them piece together a REAL TIMELINE.

Am very curious about WHERE LE tracked her cell phone to? See post 113 above.

police report noted @ 4:51a. 4/26/09 http://rochesterhomepage.net/media/p...xelreport1.pdf

I agree it is interesting about how they "tracked" her phone and have it. Couple that with the fact that she last texted her boyfriend and friend Hahn right around that time (Hahn states the last contact he had with her was eight pm).

I truly wonder where that phone was found! Do we know if her purse is missing as well?

I am just speechless about her girlfriends... She had to be somewhat close to them to go on a trip with them yet they show no concern for her by waiting for her or taking her things.
I keep replaying by high school spring break (5 of us in one room) in my head and if my friend, whom I'm sharing a room with disappeared... We would have looked for her, contacted more people than just her bf, and certainly wouldn't have left her things and her behind......Leaving her belongings behind just rubs me the wrong way. I'm not saying they're involved, I just find their utter disregard for her as sickening. Who needs enemies when you have friends like that!

so B leaves the hotel room supposedly to return the black shorts (she was wearing on the survellience video). Did the other girl ever state if they were suppose to meet up somewhere at a specific time so she could get her shorts back. I would think B's cell phone records would show if she had talked to this girl around 8 pm that night. I'm assuming when B didn't show up with the shorts, that's when her gf's got worried?

Just seems like a short timeline. So say around 9 pm Gf's get worried, call the bf in Roch that she's missing (why would they assume that right away), bf calls mother,mother calls Marine friend to have him go to MB to file missing person's report. And the guys take off from their hotel and head back to Rochester around 1-2 am 9 (after mother tells the she is going to call the authorities). Am I right on this timeline, or did it happen a different way. I'm trying to get clear on this timeline. This all just seems to have happened too quickly, to make the assumption she was "missing".

Like I said, the reporting has been a bit shabby, different accountings by the news outlets. There's a link below where her 'associate'/ I won't call her a friend, says she recvd at text from her around 9:15pm. Who knows if the reporter got that straight?!

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/search_for_missing_ny_teen_continues/46665/“I last talked to her Saturday around two o’clock. Her boyfriend spoke to her around eight o’clock,“ Drexel said.

“She sent a text message to one of her friends around 9:15 p.m. and said she was going to see another friend who was staying at another hotel. She never came back,“ Drexel said. “It’s been almost 48 hours, and I’m really worried. We need everyone to be looking out for her.“

so B leaves the hotel room supposedly to return the black shorts (she was wearing on the survellience video). Did the other girl ever state if they were suppose to meet up somewhere at a specific time so she could get her shorts back. I would think B's cell phone records would show if she had talked to this girl around 8 pm that night. I'm assuming when B didn't show up with the shorts, that's when her gf's got worried?

Just seems like a short timeline. So say around 9 pm Gf's get worried, call the bf in Roch that she's missing (why would they assume that right away), bf calls mother,mother calls Marine friend to have him go to MB to file missing person's report. And the guys take off from their hotel and head back to Rochester around 1-2 am 9 (after mother tells the she is going to call the authorities). Am I right on this timeline, or did it happen a different way. I'm trying to get clear on this timeline. This all just seems to have happened too quickly, to make the assumption she was "missing".

I'm not certain of the timeline, your's sounds about right but I wanted to say that I, too, have always felt their assumption she was "missing" came rather quickly.

yeah fifth! I am wondering if that could be one of the "five stories" that mom says the friends told LE! Thank God they found her phone and know who is lying and who isn't!

I'm not certain of the timeline, your's sounds about right but I wanted to say that I, too, have always felt their assumption she was "missing" came rather quickly.

ITA, could be a cya move.

Wasn't until LATE that Sat. evening the girls called Brittanee's boyfriend up in Rochester.

this might sound totally off the wall, but could it be possible that getting B to return the black shorts was part of a cruel joke. Her gf lures her into a fight and tells her she wants her pants back right now, so B goes back to the hotel to meet her. Meanwhile, her friends have checked out to another hotel and she goes in and realizes they have bailed on her, and just left her stuff. Girls this age can be really mean.

Is there any surveillance video of her entering or leaving her hotel that night after say 8:30 pm?

Like I said, the reporting has been a bit shabby, different accountings by the news outlets. There's a link below where her 'associate'/ I won't call her a friend, says she recvd at text from her around 9:15pm. Who knows if the reporter got that straight?!

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/search_for_missing_ny_teen_continues/46665/“I last talked to her Saturday around two o’clock. Her boyfriend spoke to her around eight o’clock,“ Drexel said.

“She sent a text message to one of her friends around 9:15 p.m. and said she was going to see another friend who was staying at another hotel. She never came back,“ Drexel said. “It’s been almost 48 hours, and I’m really worried. We need everyone to be looking out for her.“

I'd like to know who the text was sent to and who the "other friend" is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor