Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaNymph, Have you posted this map on the FA thread? You should, IMO. I wish LE could find probable cause to search the private property in the area. Even Mama's!

OT During Hugo we made several trips south with truckloads of supplies for hurricane victims. We drove thru McClellenville and Moncks Corner(as best we could with all the downed trees in the road. there were no trees standing, only 'matchsticks'). We stopped at homes along the way and passed out ice, water and canned goods, etc to those who needed it. I've never seen devastation such as that in all my life and probably never will again! And I've ridden out my share of hurricanes. Charleston was the worst because of the face of human suffering in the city. Folks stood in line for hours in sweltering heat hoping to receive provisions from Red Cross and then be turned away because there wasn't enough to go around. I hope we never see another one like Hugo in these parts!

MOO

wm

SeaNymph, Have you posted this map on the FA thread? You should, IMO. I wish LE could find probable cause to search the private property in the area. Even Mama's!

OT During Hugo we made several trips south with truckloads of supplies for hurricane victims. We drove thru McClellenville and Moncks Corner(as best we could with all the downed trees in the road. there were no trees standing, only 'matchsticks'). We stopped at homes along the way and passed out ice, water and canned goods, etc to those who needed it. I've never seen devastation such as that in all my life and probably never will again! And I've ridden out my share of hurricanes. Charleston was the worst because of the face of human suffering in the city. Folks stood in line for hours in sweltering heat hoping to receive provisions from Red Cross and then be turned away because there wasn't enough to go around. I hope we never see another one like Hugo in these parts!

MOO

wm

Oh how well i recall Hugo, i was right in the middle of it, i hope and pray to never be in or wittness another hurricane like Hugo,,it truly took away alot of our neighborhoods homes,land,trees, was a big mess,and McClell got hit real bad,took few years recover it,,,,

I know you directed the question to Doc but I'll answer the best I know...If they find other things to charge him on, yes, he can be brought in again and those charges would be evaluated seperately and bond set for each charge. Depending on the severity of the charge would determine the bond and if severe enough, they can set no bail but that is rare, even in a murder case, but it can be high - very high - like 2 million if the judge assesses it and finds him to be a flight risk (hello?) etc - just making it harder to bond out.

I sure hope that happens. Between the three counties, surely someone could come up with something on him.

I sure hope the little town of McClellanville starts talking. It sounds like the community is well aware of this family and their 'antics', to put it lightly. Although this is a very tight community, probably a lot of related people there - they were center in the eye of the hurricane with Hugo, went through a lot down there.

Thanks, Sea! I am going to pray like crazy that they find more charges so this man can be locked up, and hopefully his brothers, cousins, too...anyone involved in years of this type of conduct who has been getting away with it...when I think of the people who get put away for years for silly stuff (which seems to happen quite often) it just makes my blood boil that these guys can seemingly spit at LE and humanity in general and get away with it. How often do we hear about stuff on tv like 5 yo kids getting expelled for kissing a little girl on the cheek (sexual harassment!?!?!?)...sorry- I feel a ramble coming on so I will stop here!

My dad was in the middle of it too. He lives in Summerville/Goose Creek area. Shoot, 60 miles inland we were without power for 5 days! Not too often you can say Charlotte NC gets hit by a hurricane either...But McClellanville/Bulls Bay was bullseye IIRC. Certainly something 95% of this state will never forget.

We can only hope LE is working 24/7 on these people, keeping and eye on them and digging digging. Would love to know if any LE has been back to the area of FMNF where Shannon McConaughey was found in 1998 yet.

I see some here and there postings of why did LE focus on them from the beginning but I would think much like when there is an Amber Alert and a child goes missing, immediately LE zeroes in on RSO's in those areas. Here they have an abduction and ping in McC'ville and they're bound to take a look around and see who in that area has histories and records. When Randall pops up like the big flashing blue light at KMart, it only makes sense they would ask questions of him/his friends.

Thanks, Sea! I am going to pray like crazy that they find more charges so this man can be locked up, and hopefully his brothers, cousins, too...anyone involved in years of this type of conduct who has been getting away with it...when I think of the people who get put away for years for silly stuff (which seems to happen quite often) it just makes my blood boil that these guys can seemingly spit at LE and humanity in general and get away with it. How often do we hear about stuff on tv like 5 yo kids getting expelled for kissing a little girl on the cheek (sexual harassment!?!?!?)...sorry- I feel a ramble coming on so I will stop here!

I'm with ya on the prayer train nosysw!.....and the part about 'blood boiling' too. Exactly how I feel!

wm

Don't know if this is related but it makes me wonder if someone was looking for something or going back to hide something. Interesting who this ends up, didn't think people swam in this area?

www.carolinalive.com

A man drowned Friday night in the South Santee River, the authorities said Saturday.

The man, whose name has not yet been released, was swimming in the river near the Pole Yard Boat Landing around 7:00 p.m. when he went under, Georgetown County Coroner Kenney Johnson said.

Department of Natural Resources officers recovered the man's body around 10:00 a.m. Saturday, Johnson said.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.

Just found this story maybe it's not related

Coroner identifies North Santee drowning victim
Published Friday, July 30, 2010 8:09 PM

The body of a man who drowned in the Santee River has been recovered.

The victim has been identified by Coroner Kenny Johnson as 51 year old Geene Grayson of Powell Road. He said an autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.

Shortly after 8 p.m. Friday, a man reported he and a Grayson were swimming in the river near Pole Yard Landing when Grayson went under and never resurfaced.

His body was found at about 10 a.m. Saturday, said Coroner Kenny Johnson.

A woman who said she is a cousin of Grayson told Charleston TV station WCSC the man frequently swims in that river.
“He took off his clothes and jumped in the water. He does this all the time,” she said. “When he took a swim he never came back up.”

County Fire Chief Mac Reed said Grayson was swimming back to shore when he vanished underwater.

Family and friends gathered at the boat landing but was later closed to everyone but emergency personnel, Reed said.

Along with county personnel, the City of Georgetown’s fire department helped with the search

The cousin seems to stress he does this all the time. Wonder if they were questioned on why he was swimming in this river?

Just found this story maybe it's not related

Coroner identifies North Santee drowning victim
Published Friday, July 30, 2010 8:09 PM

The body of a man who drowned in the Santee River has been recovered.

The victim has been identified by Coroner Kenny Johnson as 51 year old Geene Grayson of Powell Road. He said an autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.

Shortly after 8 p.m. Friday, a man reported he and a Grayson were swimming in the river near Pole Yard Landing when Grayson went under and never resurfaced.

His body was found at about 10 a.m. Saturday, said Coroner Kenny Johnson.

A woman who said she is a cousin of Grayson told Charleston TV station WCSC the man frequently swims in that river.
“He took off his clothes and jumped in the water. He does this all the time,” she said. “When he took a swim he never came back up.”

County Fire Chief Mac Reed said Grayson was swimming back to shore when he vanished underwater.

Family and friends gathered at the boat landing but was later closed to everyone but emergency personnel, Reed said.

Along with county personnel, the City of Georgetown’s fire department helped with the search

yep i heard and knew about that story yesterday and i check last name since wasnt relate i didnt post it,,,, but yep LE search poleyard first thing in 2009,,,

I might be wrong, but im betting they be searching over on cc line,,not gtown county,,IMO tho!!!!!

seems the T-group has better pull in cc area of dodging court IMO

That is the exact pier they were looking for Brittanee at isn't it?

Yeah it is RGirl, but I dont know if there's anything to it yet relating to this. I do think that is a pretty busy landing for boats, swimming, I dont know - Rose probably has a better idea. I do know it has been VERY hot - heat index up to 115 in that particular area along the coast for just about the whole past week. Probably just trying to cool off. But if he did it 'all the time' you'd surely think the guy was an experienced swimmer.

Of course, my pool feels like bathwater and between my fair skin and discoid lupus, I have skin that burns and stings with the fury of 10,000 demons exiting hell, I havent even wanted to get in it lately.

River/lake water icks me out anyway...ocean water only up to knees...blech. Give me a good dose of chlorine with my swimming when I do it please.

Yeah it is RGirl, but I dont know if there's anything to it yet relating to this. I do think that is a pretty busy landing for boats, swimming, I dont know - Rose probably has a better idea. I do know it has been VERY hot - heat index up to 115 in that particular area along the coast for just about the whole past week. Probably just trying to cool off. But if he did it 'all the time' you'd surely think the guy was an experienced swimmer.

Of course, my pool feels like bathwater and between my fair skin and discoid lupus, I have skin that burns and stings with the fury of 10,000 demons exiting hell, I havent even wanted to get in it lately.

River/lake water icks me out anyway...ocean water only up to knees...blech. Give me a good dose of chlorine with my swimming when I do it please.

no i dont feel this has anything to do with cases, that landing alot of ppl do swim there, from all over i truly dont feel this has anything to do with bd or other cases,,,,,,,,,,but i do know that one guys from SM case is in jail for rape,,

I might be wrong, but im betting they be searching over on cc line,,not gtown county,,IMO tho!!!!!

seems the T-group has better pull in cc area of dodging court IMO

I think so too Rose. You have occasional contact with MC from CUE right? Wonder if she would tell you if there are any plans to return any time soon to search in light of recent events?

Wonder when the guy from SM case was booked in on those rape charges, Rose.

Gosh - this crowd is like McClellanvile Mafia it seems, a wrecking crew.

WHAT??? Has this been reported before?

The Drexel family says Taylor was seen driving a blue van similar to one reported seen driving away after Brittanee was taken almost a year and a half ago.

http://cfc.wciv.com/printstory.cfm?id=759866

OK.....that article also says that her cell phone was found a mile from where this man lives...when was that? I totally missed knowing that they actually FOUND the phone. I always thought it was just the pings that led them to that area.

OK.....that article also says that her cell phone was found a mile from where this man lives...when was that? I totally missed knowing that they actually FOUND the phone. I always thought it was just the pings that led them to that area.

Hi Raeann!!

I honestly believe this is an error in reporting. We discussed it earlier....and to everyone's knowledge, LE hasn't found the phone. I think the paper was TRYING to say that the pings were traced to within a mile of his home...not the actual phone.
This is my opinion, not fact....but I think locals and people who know the Drexel family would have told us had they found the actual phone.

ETA: I would REALLY like to know if the Drexel family actually says that there was a blue van leaving from the abduction of Brittanee. I don't think we've had any clarification on that issue, yet....but that would mean that there was a witness to the kidnapping. If they actually had a witness to the crime, that would be huge, but it would also bring into question why LE sat on Brittanee's disappearance as a 'runaway' for so long.

MOO

wm

From someone who lost their home during Hugo, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. My parents home was on Sullivans Island and Hugo hit on my Aunt Lindy's birthday. The devastation was nothing I ever want to see again. McClellenville was practically wiped off the face of the earth.

I dont no who published that story (reporter) but the facts is WRONG,,,,

Hi Raeann!!

ETA: I would REALLY like to know if the Drexel family actually says that there was a blue van leaving from the abduction of Brittanee. I don't think we've had any clarification on that issue, yet....but that would mean that there was a witness to the kidnapping. If they actually had a witness to the crime, that would be huge, but it would also bring into question why LE sat on Brittanee's disappearance as a 'runaway' for so long.

My guess on the van - IF this report is even accurate - was that it was on a street video - maybe the most suspicious vehicle that passed during the time BD disappeared.

My guess on the van - IF this report is even accurate - was that it was on a street video - maybe the most suspicious vehicle that passed during the time BD disappeared.

Ahhhh! I hadn't even thought of that possibility. I hope and pray you are correct.

Thanks stillwatersc! Way to think outside of the box! There has to be some traffic cams somewhere along the route, now that you mention it.

MOO
wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members