Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if they are 8-10 junior dept. size, for a 5 foot 105 lb. woman, sounds right. if they are women's size, seems like they might be a tad large.

(there can be several different sizes for women's clothes: juniors, misses, women's; confusing, yes)

I am 5'2 and 105lbs TOPS soaking wet. I wear size 0-1 pants.. soo I assume Brittanee, being approx. this tiny also, wears between a 0 and a size 3 (and that is guessing pretty big) pants

I would like to comment since I am a person of small stature myself similiar to Britt's size.

In juniors clothing, I would wear a size 5-6. (unless I shop at Gap where the jr sizes are tagged smaller than other stores. My gap size is a 2) Juniors clothing is targeted towards a younger generation.

Petite clothing is targeted towards women of short/small stature. Petite clothing is usually more conservative than 'hip', and targeted towards professional women moreso than teens. I wear a size 8 in petite clothing

Misses sized clothing is targeted toward conservative/adult women of 'regular' stature. I wear a size 2-4 in the misses dept and usually shop in this dept for special occasion dresses.

I haven't yet graduated to the 'women's dept.' The clothing (how do I put this nicely without offending?) in this dept is what the women are wearing when I visit my Rheumatologist office. I am 50 and always the youngest person in the waiting room. Most ladies there are 20 to 30 years older than myself.

I know it is confusing but the size of the clothing doesn't really tell us anything IMO. I shop in all but one ot the above mentioned women's depts.

I wonder if Britt ever borrowed clothes from her mom? My daughter frequently raided my closet when she was Britt's age.

ALL MOO, JMO, IMO and all that Jazz!

wm

I am 5'2 and 105lbs TOPS soaking wet. I wear size 0-1 pants.. soo I assume Brittanee, being approx. this tiny also, wears between a 0 and a size 3 (and that is guessing pretty big) pants

:Welcome-12-june:

blondiex420, Welcome to the thread! Thanks for weighing in. I wish we were meeting under happier circumstances. I hope you stick around and sleuth with us!

wm

I was hoping in a way maybe if would be hers....I know that sounds bad, but her family, friends, US here even need closure to this. These cases break my heart!

WM - I had to chuckle at your post...specifically in respect to you not graduating to the Women's Dept. yet! I'm in the same boat with you...I'm not ready to go "there" yet!

I hope this lady is quickly identified...and am wondering why someone hasn't missed her sooner...or have they?

Still praying for our pretty Britt's family to have some answers soon!

WM - I had to chuckle at your post...specifically in respect to you not graduating to the Women's Dept. yet! I'm in the same boat with you...I'm not ready to go "there" yet!

I hope this lady is quickly identified...and am wondering why someone hasn't missed her sooner...or have they?

Still praying for our pretty Britt's family to have some answers soon!

LOL! My terrible vanity finds comfort that I'm the only female in the waiting room at my Dr's who hasn't graduated to the dreaded 'women's dept.' It makes me feel like a young whippersnapper!!!!!! Glad I gave you a chuckle!

Gosh darn, where, oh where is our dear Brittanee! Give us a sign sweetie. We will find you no matter what you are wearing. We just want you to come home!

wm

I just thought it was strange for the initial description to be given as someone that was small in stature and now the corner is saying clothing between the sizes of 8 and 10, which I would assume she is talking about adult women clothing sizes. Looking on line that translates to a waist size of 27-28" and hip size of 37 1/2 to 38 1/2".

Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone have knowledge of any missing women, older in age and small in stature who is missing in the area?

MBLover, do you recall which of girls from Roc wanted her shorts back? was it Al,or Jo? to know bd size we need know that girls size (al,jo) due Bd had on there shorts and top???????? we know news said bd had on (from video) black shorts teal ming top,,,,

Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone have knowledge of any missing women, older in age and small in stature who is missing in the area?

only other person that be missing from Horry,or Gtown county (only not speaking of Charleston there few missing there) is Crystal Soles but shes bigger than that,,,she was about 5'4 and 135pds

MBLover, do you recall which of girls from Roc wanted her shorts back? was it Al,or Jo? to know bd size we need know that girls size (al,jo) due Bd had on there shorts and top???????? we know news said bd had on (from video) black shorts teal ming top,,,,

Allegedly it was JO

What approximate size difference is there between JO and
Britt? Meaning 1 size difference, 2 sizes? Any ideas?

Since they talk about a "pink shirt" I would say it is definately not Britt. But maybe LE should search this area since someone could lie there for a year or so decomposing without anyone coming across them.

A body found in a grassy field between Palmetto Pointe Boulevard and the Azalea Lakes subdivision is that of an older woman, according to Horry County Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard.

Willard says the woman is a size eight or ten, but she can not yet give us an age range.

Police were called around 7:30 Monday night after a 13-year-old boy and two of his friends discovered the body.

The teen stayed home from school Tuesday because he was disturbed by what he saw. Kevin Boutnique of Surfside Beach told us he was visiting friends in the area. They were looking for bamboo and golf balls in the woods and took a different route than usual. He says he smelled something and when he looked down, he saw the body. He says the person was wearing a pink shirt. The boy than ran away and told his mother, who then called police.

The officer who responded was taken to the scene by the teen. According to the incident report, the officer found a "small in stature body to be decomposing laying face down in a low lying area of the field."

Sgt. Robert Kegler with Horry County Police says the body had been there for approximately a year or less.

An autopsy is being done Tuesday, but because the body is decomposed it may take several days to make an identification.

One missing person's case still unsolved in Horry County is the Brittaneee Drexel case. Drexel was 17-years-old and on spring break in Myrtle Beach in April 2009 when she vanished.

NewsChannel 15 spoke with Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel, Tuesday morning. She said she received a call from a source close to the investigation, who told her they don't believe the body is Brittanee's.

We'll post more details as we get them.

After this discovery I hope CUE or LE do a thorough search of this area since someone could go undetected for so long; I wonder if this is an area BD could be in also.

LOL! My terrible vanity finds comfort that I'm the only female in the waiting room at my Dr's who hasn't graduated to the dreaded 'women's dept.' It makes me feel like a young whippersnapper!!!!!! Glad I gave you a chuckle!

Gosh darn, where, oh where is our dear Brittanee! Give us a sign sweetie. We will find you no matter what you are wearing. We just want you to come home!

wm

I knew you guys would be on top of this. I saw the articles before I left for school this morning and was crossing my fingers there would be news by the time I got home.

Unfortunately WS doesn't load on my phone, so I couldn't check in. I was keeping up with my Google Alerts and I saw posted that they didn't believe the body was Britt. I breathed a sigh of relief, but was also upset, because now there are still so few answers.

Welcome to all the new posters -- I'm glad to see you here and I'm sure Brittanee is too. She needs as many people looking for her as possible. I hope you'll stick around.

And to the woman whose body was found -- you can finally go home. (I do wonder if it will be a case we're familiar with?)

As for the "small stature" remark -- doesn't that just mean that she was short? I don't think it has much to do with her waist size. I think average height for a woman is around 5'4" or 5'5" so we would likely assume that small stature means shorter than that. And if she's wearing a size 8-10 from the misses department that probably means that she weighs in the vicinity of 130-150 lbs.

The article does say an "older woman" which could mean many things, but probably rules out Brittanee for sure.

Hi all! I'm 'new' to WS, however, I have been a lurker since BD went missing a yr and a half ago. This case immediately caught my attention, as I was visiting my parents who reside in Murrels Inlet, when BD went missing. I have to say I admire all the dedication and hardwork you all do here, and I'm sure that not only have you given the family hope that people still care, and are STILL searching to bring this beautiful girl home, but also that you've also probably helped LE think outside of the box!

Just curious, if any of you have considered that, while we know what BD was wearing in the last video of her, that its possible, she wasn't immediately in danger, and possibly hung out with certain people, therefore changing her clothes possibly, knowing that she would have people looking for her?

Welcome to WS Dishbrat! Glad you're here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214