Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A body has been found in a wooded area near Palmetto Pointe Blvd. in Myrtle Beach Monday evening.
it appears that the body has been there for some time and its going to take a while to remove the body and process the scene."

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2010/nov/15/body-found-wooded-area-near-palmetto-pointe-blvd-ar-1093963/

I do have to wonder if another young girl has gone missing in that area. Somebody's family is going to get some devasting news. Very sad. Way too early for me to be jumping to any conclusions of course that does not stop my wanting answers on all the victims in the areas in and around MB.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=541469

This article says "decomposed" and they are doing an autopsy - then it would not be Brittanee.
"An autopsy is scheduled Tuesday morning, but because the body is decomposed it may take several days to make an identification.

Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard says at this point they can't say for certain whether the body is a man or woman."

Skeletal remains are still considered a decomposed body and autopsy's are preformed on skeletal remains to try and determine identity and COD.

Stillwaters' link now says the body is of a woman.

They have determined that the body found is that of a women.

Police: Body found is that of a woman

A body found in a heavily wooded area between Palmetto Pointe Boulevard and the Azalea Lakes subdivision is that of a woman, according to Horry County Police PIO Sgt. Robert Kegler.

(Snipped)

The officer who responded was taken to the scene by the teen. According to the incident report, the officer found a "small in stature body to be decomposing laying face down in a low lying area of the field."

Sgt. Kegler says the body has been there for approximately a year or less.

An autopsy is scheduled Tuesday morning, but because the body is decomposed it may take several days to make an identification.

Thanks for the link stillwatersc! I tend to agree with Joe Friday regarding skeletal remains also being a decomposed body.

Yet, this article

states the remains are a woman and small in stature and has been there for a year or less. How can they tell at this point how long the body has been there? Wouldn't the ME be the one to determine such things?

wm

This article says "decomposed" and they are doing an autopsy - then it would not be Brittanee.
"An autopsy is scheduled Tuesday morning, but because the body is decomposed it may take several days to make an identification.

Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard says at this point they can't say for certain whether the body is a man or woman."

why would it not be Brittanee?

why would it not be Brittanee?

idk Dejasade, Brittanee has been missing for approx a year and a half. The article states the remains that were found have been there for approx 1 year or less. I guess the key word here is 'approximately'.

OT sort of...

I have noticed alot of activity in cases these past few weeks.

Zahra's remains were found.

Kyron's stepmom's emails regarding the hate she felt for Kyron have surfaced.

A jawbone in Aruba was found on the beach and is being tested for DNA/dental records of natalee Holoway.

The 13 year old kidnapping victim was found bound and gagged in Ohio. Mom brother and mom's friend still missing.

Lot's of evidence is coming to the surface in the cases we follow here on WS. Are we in some kind of cycle or something?

wm

Do any of our locals know if this location where the UID was found is near the airport area where one of the searches for Brittanee was conducted early on in the case?

Prayers to the family of whoever this is. And prayers to the 13 year old who found her! It must be difficult for him to see such a thing. This young hero did exactly the right thing by going straight home and telling his mom!

MOO

wm

Brittanee was 5'0" tall so that is small in stature I guess. The article also suggest that the body was still decomposing or was not a fully decomposed body or skeletal remains. So that kind of has me have my doubts as to if this body is Brittanee also.

You would think that after a year and a half a body would be fully decomposed if left in the open air. The body could have been mummified also depending on the conditions.

I was surprised a little while back when a body was found floating in the river local to me and authorities estimated it had been there for a few weeks to a month. It turned out to be a guy that jumped off a bridge a year and a half earlier. Boy did they guess that one wrong. I know bodies decompose differently in water then open air so who knows. This body was said to be found in a low lying area of a field. Perhaps that field was submerged under water for some of the time the body was there. JMO

idk Dejasade, Brittanee has been missing for approx a year and a half. The article states the remains that were found have been there for approx 1 year or less. I guess the key word here is 'approximately'.

OT sort of...

I have noticed alot of activity in cases these past few weeks.

Zahra's remains were found.

Kyron's stepmom's emails regarding the hate she felt for Kyron have surfaced.

A jawbone in Aruba was found on the beach and is being tested for DNA/dental records of natalee Holoway.

The 13 year old kidnapping victim was found bound and gagged in Ohio. Mom brother and mom's friend still missing.

Lot's of evidence is coming to the surface in the cases we follow here on WS. Are we in some kind of cycle or something?

wm

Maybe the sun, moon and the stars are aligned just right. If so I hope they stay that way.

Brittanee was 5'0" tall so that is small in stature I guess. The article also suggest that the body was still decomposing or was not a fully decomposed body or skeletal remains. So that kind of has me have my doubts as to if this body is Brittanee also.

You would think that after a year and a half a body would be fully decomposed if left in the open air. The body could have been mummified also depending on the conditions.

I was surprised a little while back when a body was found floating in the river local to me and authorities estimated it had been there for a few weeks to a month. It turned out to be a guy that jumped off a bridge a year and a half earlier. Boy did they guess that one wrong. I know bodies decompose differently in water then open air so who knows. This body was said to be found in a low lying area of a field. Perhaps that field was submerged under water for some of the time the body was there. JMO

Yes 5 feet tall is small in stature. I am 5 feet/105lbs and (most of) my 5th grade students were taller than I when I was teaching.

Good thinking on the low lying area. It sounds as if its maybe wetlands? where there is standing water for a portion of the year.

There was no comment on whether there was evidence of clothing on the UID. It seems it would be helpful to release this info to the public for ID purposes if any clothing remnants were found.

My prayers to the Drexel family at this time. They must be waiting on pins and needles for answers.

Moo.....wm

BWR to Azalea Lakes Drive. Very close to the airport!

Attachments

• map1.JPG
    map1.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 16
During the past 1-1/2 years, whenever news comes out of a "body or human remains" being found, I have a vision of someone or POIs thinking "maybe we should have hidden this better" and really sweating it out.

Officials with the Myrtle Beach Police Department tell WMBF News the body found is not that of missing teen Brittanee Drexel.

Tamara Willard, Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner, said the body found is that of an unidentified older female. She also said the victim was found with clothes between a size eight and a size 10.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13510993/body-found-along-palmetto-pointe-blvd

Are clothes between woman's sizes of 8 and 10 consistent with someone of a smaller stature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo