Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray for a sign that will lead to Brittanee and to capture of whoever has her. She has so many who love her and her family needs her. I pray for the searchers, detectives, LE, SLED, and the family and friends. Bring Brittanee home for the holidays this year. Bring her home now. Amen.

I've been watching and reading a little about the Zahra Baker case. While I don't know every detail, I know the basics. Today I was attempting to watch Nancy Grace, but I just couldn't stomach it. I felt like I wanted to be sick right then and there. Sending my prayers tonight out to Zahra and, of course, Brittanee.

It is hard for me to watch NG a lot of times. This particular case is just too heartbreaking to even imagine. There are some real monsters in this world.

I've been watching and reading a little about the Zahra Baker case. While I don't know every detail, I know the basics. Today I was attempting to watch Nancy Grace, but I just couldn't stomach it. I felt like I wanted to be sick right then and there. Sending my prayers tonight out to Zahra and, of course, Brittanee.

I agree, regarding Zahra's case it's too sad to even think about someone doing something so awful to a child or another human for that matter.

I pray we soon hear new info about Brittanee soon!! Prayers going up for her and her family.

I agree, regarding Zahra's case it's too sad to even think about someone doing something so awful to a child or another human for that matter.

I pray we soon hear new info about Brittanee soon!! Prayers going up for her and her family.

I wish there would be some word on Brit! Her case hits too close to home with all the teens that I work with.

I feel so sad about Zahra, she seemed such a sweet little person. I believe that she was one of those kids that 'fell between the cracks' and that bothers me. She deserved better.

Just getting up to speed on recent stuff - and hoping for that one break that will close this case.

Just reading an article regarding the unsolved slayings of 2 girls in Oklahoma
article here:

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/fbi-asked-to-profile-killer-of-two-oklahoma-girls/19714954

I'm wondering if LE involved in Britt's case has asked for the FBI's help in coming up with a profile in her case as well as the other girls who have also been missing/killed in that general area (Brandy Hanna, Crystal Soles, Shannon McConaughey) to see if these cases can be linked in this way and maybe other ways. And if the FBI hasn't been contacted, why not?

Did some Christmas shopping and thought about you all day as usual.

MB -- I'm drawing a blank right now in regards to whether or not FBI has been involved here. On one hand, I thought I heard they were because state lines were crossed. On the other, I can't remember where I think I heard this from, so (once again) I'm probably just making it up!!

Welcome marycarney. We (us and Britt) are glad you've stopped by.

I looked into it for my own sanity. A quick Google search of "Brittanee Drexel + FBI" returned several articles. Mainly from early on in the investigation. Here's one. There are more.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=343626

Here's a video of a news report that mentions the FBI also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9XYw-SDigQ

Lindsay, you are just so good and I'd say you must be extremely organized too. And MB, what an excellent idea with the profiling and trying to connect cases. Wish we had a way to directly contact LE and throw out some of those good ideas. I had thought the FBI had been involved but as far as the profiling, don't know. Best idea I have heard of in months actually with regards to Brittanee's disappearance. I do sometimes see an episode of Solved, or other cases on Investivative Discovery and wonder "has this been tried to find Brittanee". Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the thought that more could have been don early-on, but in reality, we cannot know all that has been done.

Does anyone know if the "Vidocq Society" will work on unsolved disappearances? I have read they work on cold cases but cannot determine if they have ever worked a case where it has not yet been determined if there is a homicide. http://www.vidocq.org/

Sorry about bringing up Vidocq again (brought it up a good while ago), but just read on "one of their websites" that "the death must have occurred at least 2 years ago", so that probably would disqualify this disappearance on two points: 1) Has not been 2 years (although seems like 10) and 2) We have no way of knowing for sure there has been a homicide.

thanks for chiming in for our girl, houston!
you're appreciated :)

Gota get our Britt back to the top!!!!!
Hoping and praying this week will bring us more news!!!! Britts family needs her home for Holidays<<<<< Little Britt where are you!!!!!!!!

Thinking of you Brittanee! I pray full of faith each night that there is a break in your case and you are brought home to your family!

wm

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=541469

This article says "decomposed" and they are doing an autopsy - then it would not be Brittanee.
"An autopsy is scheduled Tuesday morning, but because the body is decomposed it may take several days to make an identification.

Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard says at this point they can't say for certain whether the body is a man or woman."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214