Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say great job to everybody for all the great videos, so moving. It is great to see people remembering her and not letting the world forget.

I can't speak for Brittanee, but I am sure she is so grateful for everything all of you did today to celebrate her birthday. I hope she gets at least one of the balloons so she can see no one has forgotten her.

Last night me and my boyfriend enjoyed a slice of cake and the presence of a few balloons. I wish I had half the mind to think that I'd need helium for the balloons to float and not just me blowing them up. I wish I could have sent some off, but at least they were surrounding us. He said, "Happy birthday, Brittanee. Come home soon." It almost made me cry :(

Krista, I love all of the videos you posted! They're all amazing. The final one is from a girl that Brittanee went to school with. Her last name isn't Owens, so if she has that posted maybe it's just for privacy reasons. She was at the one year vigil with the family, so I think she was a good friend of Britt's. I have always loved that video though!

Thank you to everyone that posted videos and did something to celebrate Britt. Krista, your video with the pink balloons made me tear up. I can't have the sound on because I'm at work. I think Britt saw all the balloons and knows what's in each and every heart here. We all want her home and those that harmed her brought to justice.

LLLindsayy,

That's so awesome that you had a mini birthday party at your house! Your boyfriend sounds like a great guy!
I absolutely love Brittani's video....and all of her photos. I just ran across that one last night and was nearly in tears seeing all of those new photos. I feel like her life was cut short...but her short life was lived to it's fullest. It's so great to see Brittanee so happy, so funny, and so much in love with her life and her friends!

I've found one beautiful photo album in celebration of Britt's birthday yesterday. There were tons of balloons sent out in Rochester yesterday it looks like. I can't link it, but you can find the link on Brittanee's sister's Facebook.

I also came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE1cUxY3WFs

You guys are awesome! I am so touched by everyone's kindness in remembering Britt's birthday. And those videos have me bawling right now!

I have a message in a bottle for Brittanee that my dear bf was to throw out to sea when he went kayak fishing yesterday. However he had to postpone his trip til today but now the water is too choppy for ocean kayaking because of the NE wind. So, I'll send it along with him in a day or so.

How in God's name could anyone abduct or hurt our vivacious, spirited Brittanee!?! May the wrath of God strike down the evil persons responsible for disappearing her!

Stay Heart strong.......bring Brittanee home!

wm

The outpouring of love here has me crying my eyes out. I wish I could hug each and every one of you in person. You are all amazing people and I am honored to "know you all". But, of course, my biggest prayer and wish today is for Brittanee to come home to her family and friends. The songs in these videos say so much and I hope when Dawn and her family see them and listen to them, it gives them some comfort to know how many people love her and her family and most of all Brittanee. I am just so touched by the efforts here. WM, the message in a bottle made me cry the "ugly cry". Bless your sweet heart.

If you haven't already, I suggest watching the latest video that I posted today. It's kind of long, but very well worth it. It is one of the best I have seen and contains a lot of new pictures that weren't available on Myspace or other social networking sites.

Well, as we sent Bday wishes etc out to Britt, LE was search the river!!!
New piece in news!!

The Rochester, NY teen who disappeared April 26, 2009 from Myrtle Beach, turned 19 Thursday. Brittanee Drexel was 17-years-old when she visited Myrtle Beach and vanished.

Law enforcement and Coastal Carolina University scientists using sonar equipment conducted searches for Brittanee as late as this week. However, nothing turned up during this week's efforts.

more at the link:::

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=522819

This is good news that LE is still searching for Brittanee. I'm not familiar with using sonar in these searches, but I understand it is a helpful tool. Thanks RoseC for sharing the link!

Good morning everyone and Britt! It is Sunday 10-10-10.....a new day and a new week.

Where are you Brittanee?

wm

This is good news! They are searching!
Good morning everyone, and hope that all is well, except for Brit not being found....
this perhaps is a very good thing though. LE must have some ideas.

this was posted on my fb account!!

Chili, N.Y---DD remains hopeful her missing daughter BD will be found. Saturday, DD and a handful of others held a car wash fundraiser to aid in the search for Brittanee and other missing persons. In April of 2009, then 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel we...nt missing while on spring break in South Carolina. Funds raised through the car wash will go toward the Cue Center for Missing Persons according to Dawn Drexel. "With a couple of her searches they have had over 200 volunteers," said Drexel. The funds will go toward resources to support future search efforts. Drexel said she recently heard from authorities in South Carolina following the airing of a national investigative program that featured Brittanee. "It got Brittanee's name and face out there and got people thinking down there in Myrtle Beach...We need some answers and somebody needs to come forward," said Drexel. The fundraiser continues Sunday at 10 a.m The fundraiser continues Sunday at 10 a.m.

God Bless Monica Caison and the Cue Volunteers! They have been true champions for Britt.

And God bless DD and the Drexel family. They do everything possible to keep Britt's case in the public eye. My heart breaks for DD.

Thank you for all the updates RoseC.....the thanks button just wasn't enough!

wm

I taped the repeat of the show today and will watch it tonight.

I don't post on this thread often, as I don't have a lot of optimism about what Brittanee's fate was at the hands of those who kept her from returning home, but I do read all of the posts and think about her often. I am from upstate NY as well and have great fondness for the area and my heart breaks for her mom.

I doubt I will glean anything from the show that everyone else hasn't already, but will watch it carefully, and hope that those who do know something will watch the show and call in their tips.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekends. I, too, am glad to hear of the renewed searches for Brittanee. I'd like to know if LE has received any credible tips from "Disappeared," but I'm sure we won't find out for quite some time. I'd like to think that the motivation behind searching now is because of newly generated ideas, but I didn't get that vibe unfortunately. I feel like they may just be searching since the temperatures are cooling off and the foliage isn't as think. I really wish the show could have aired on a basic channel instead of one of the special package ones. I feel like they might be receiving a lot more tips.

I taped the repeat of the show today and will watch it tonight.

I don't post on this thread often, as I don't have a lot of optimism about what Brittanee's fate was at the hands of those who kept her from returning home, but I do read all of the posts and think about her often. I am from upstate NY as well and have great fondness for the area and my heart breaks for her mom.

I doubt I will glean anything from the show that everyone else hasn't already, but will watch it carefully, and hope that those who do know something will watch the show and call in their tips.

Cluciano, I appreciate your posts and enjoy your input. Hopefully you can pick out clues from Disappeared that we may have missed.

I understand what you mean when you say that it's hard to keep faith when the probable outcome appears so grim. Hopefully you are able to think of it from the perspective that somebody out there needs to have hope for this girl. Can you imagine what would happen if everybody simply thought that, because of the statistics on these cases, they were just not going to bother? Whether she is alive somewhere or if she is no longer with us, she needs to come home. Brittanee needs people to have hope for her. I appreciate you coming to post. I hope you will continue to post and get to know our wonderful girl.

The Disappeared show has left me with more questions than answers... Though I am grateful that this show was done for Brittanee and hopefully that one specific tip will be called in that leads LE to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste