Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping for Britt, praying as usual... :(

I've been thinking back on that hotel video that other guy took of her the night before she disappeared.. I've never realized the concept of how trusting she was of other people (at least, that's what it seems like.) She was so isolated from the people she thought were her friends that she was basically forced to either be alone, or hang out with random strangers on the remainder of the trip. She didn't know him at all, and in the video you can tell that she's comfortable & having a good time.. smiling, laughing, etc. That shows you how trusting she was of the people around her. At this point, I feel like any "cute" boy, or group of boys, could have randomly approached her along Ocean Boulevard and maybe even offered her a ride back to the other hotel room.. something that would most likely seem so harmless to Brittanee could have easily turned out to be any teenage girl's worst nightmare.. not to mention her parent's worst nightmare. Her entire family and friends have all agreed on the fact that she is too trusting, and had the mindset that she could take care of herself, no matter what situation was thrown at her.

I hope that new information comes along soon.. one minute, I think that PB and his friends had something to do with it.. then I continue thinking and convince myself that maybe RM is responsible for her disappearance, being a sex offender and all..... but, then I look at the "friends" she traveled with and how they left her behind like they couldn't care less.. Then, of course, you are reminded of the fact that she was hanging out with a random stranger less than 24 hours before she disappeared.... not saying he had anything to do with it, LE has already confirmed that he was cooperative and his alibi checked out... but, you begin to wonder just how many strangers came into contact with her? On the ID show, her boyfriend mentions that while she was always walking alone to the restaurants and the beach that guys would "antagonize Brittanee and yell at her, because she was a really pretty girl", so she just picks some random guy to walk with her back to her hotel.. and yes, he seems like a nice, decent guy- there are millions of guys just like him.. but I don't think she realized that there are just as many bad guys out there. In her mind, what were the chances that something like that would ever happen to her? Slim to none? & That was her downfall. Maybe one of the guys that were "antagonizing" her just happened to cross her path that night, and offered her a ride back to the hotel. Maybe someone was mad at the fact that she wasn't paying attention to them while they were yelling at her?

I'm sorry for rambling.. it just seems like every time I turn on the TV, I hear a new story about once again another young girl missing... its happening more now than ever.. and the sad thing is that hardly any of them have been found (dead or alive).. Lauren Spierer, Holly Bobo, Brittanee Drexel, haleigh cummings, Sierra Lamar, Mickey Shunick.

Everything surrounding Brittanee's case just seems so generic.. a girl goes missing, cops get a couple of good leads at first, everyone is hopeful and confident that there will be a resolution to the case. All of a sudden, your credible leads and tips stop flowing in, and every person you talk to is basically just another dead end. The family and friends are completely heartbroken and terrified and just stuck in this nightmare. It's the exact same process for all of these girls that are missing. When it comes to Brittanee's disappearance, I don't know what to believe anymore.

My thoughts are that law enforcement have a pretty good idea of who was involved, the problem is possibly that it is an abductors dream, a vulnerable girl in the wrong place at the wrong time, no historical link whatsoever between the abductor and the victim, therefore no trail to narrow, just a big open void.

Unless Law enforcement can find a piece of the puzzle that leads to the other pieces fitting together, then no matter how much they suspect someone, they still have nothing in the eyes of the law.
There is only one way that the cell phone was going and it wasn't in the direction that three of the four suspects would have had any knowledge of, keep believing, one day there will be a breakthrough.

I would agree LE has a very good idea of who was involved. Too many things pointing in one direction. Who knows what LE knows at this point. I wonder how the investigation team that Mr. Drexel hired is doing? I would also agree with Christina691 that BD brought the boy to her room so he had someone to talk to and hang out with. They really need to find this girl. I can't imagine what the family is going through. Many, many years ago I had a younger brother that died from a freak farm accident. We were very young. I don't think my mother ever got over it. God bless them.

I would agree LE has a very good idea of who was involved. Too many things pointing in one direction. Who knows what LE knows at this point. I wonder how the investigation team that Mr. Drexel hired is doing? I would also agree with Christina691 that BD brought the boy to her room so he had someone to talk to and hang out with. They really need to find this girl. I can't imagine what the family is going through. Many, many years ago I had a younger brother that died from a freak farm accident. We were very young. I don't think my mother ever got over it. God bless them.

I didn't know Mr. Drexel hired an investigation team?! Hopefully we'll hear something soon. & I'm sorry to hear that about your brother. My Uncle was murdered when he was 18 years old at a party.. he got into a fight with a couple of other guys. I never got to meet him, I wasn't born yet, but my Mom still isn't over it.. she was only in her early 20's. Dealing with a loss like that is horrific, I know it is- but, atleast my Mom and grandparents were able to deal with it and receive some sort of closure. Brittanee's parents don't even know anything. No idea where she is, what may have happened, if she suffered pain, is she still alive? They really can't move on or receive any type of closure until they know what happened. It's so sad... It's even more sad to think that there are a million other families out there just like Brittanee's that are going through the exact same thing.

Maybe I shouldn't say hired. He is working with Merrill's Investigations. Maybe they are volunteering their time.

Sorry to hear about your Brother too Farmhand.
It must change people in some way no matter what the circumstances, i suppose their whole outlook on life is altered, it always seems so unfair to me.

It would be interesting to know how the Merrill team is going, they are two detectives that worked on the case from the beginning arent they?

Maybe I shouldn't say hired. He is working with Merrill's Investigations. Maybe they are volunteering their time.

http://www.wafb.com/story/17789864/brittanee-drexels-father-unhappy-with-some-police-efforts?clienttype=printable

It says here that they are volunteering. Hopefully, they'll get this investigation going. I wonder what Mr. Drexel means when he is talking about the Georgetown PD in that article? "Political or jurisdictional issues" could be holding the case back? & Georgetown PD "wants to stay out of it for some reason"...? I see that the Benson Agency also worked on Brittanee's case a few years back.

oh, and if anyone is online now and wants to watch Brittanee's episode of Disappeared, it is on from 10-11AM on the OWN channel (Oprah Winfrey Network). I'm on Eastern standard time, of course.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/17789864/brittanee-drexels-father-unhappy-with-some-police-efforts

http://www.merrillsinvestigations.com/

I am guessing this must be the investigation team? Christina691 I couldn't get your WMBF news link to work and I think this is the same one? Maybe it is my connection. I am sure these Sheriff's departments and such are on a limited budget and probably can't afford to spend a major portion of their time on the BD case. I would guess they are doing the best they can. The political and jurisdictional things that's a whole different realm.

Hi to all, I have been following along for awhile, but I live overseas and my internet connection is iffy, Websleuths via blackberry is painful. There are lots of good minds here, esp in regards to possible abduction locations near the hotel. I just wondered if there was any resolution to that similar attempted street abduction of a young girl in MB where she mistakenly identified someone that had an alibi. I had hoped that would produce a lead.

Dawn Drexel is currently scheduled to be on Tricia's radio show this week if you want to listen.

Here are some links to get people caught up on this case;

MB Police: body found is not Brittanee Drexel
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:00 AM EST Updated: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:40 PM EST http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13510993/body-found-along-palmetto-pointe-blvd

Brittanee Drexel Case on "Dr. Phil": Peter Brozowitz Says He Has Been "Thrown Under the Bus"
Talk Turns Contentious, Accusatory as 20-Year-Old Tells His Side of Missing Girl Story

This article sums up the Dr. Phil show excellently. He says he gave a DNA sample to the MBPD, but I wonder if that's really true; http://voices.yahoo.com/brittanee-drexel-case-dr-phil-peter-brozowitz-says-3307912.html?cat=9

Brittanee Drexel's father unhappy with some police efforts

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/17789864/brittanee-drexels-father-unhappy-with-some-police-efforts
Missing Brittanee Marie Drexel. 2 years, too long.

This is a Youtube video; Missing Brittanee Marie Drexel. 2 years, too long. - YouTube

Arrest made in failed Myrtle Beach abduction, close to where Brittanee Drexel was last seen

This is the guy who was cleared I believe; Arrest made in failed Myrtle Beach abduction, close to where Brittanee Drexel was last seen - YouTube

Charges dropped against man in connection to Drexel

By: News 14 Carolina Web Staff

This is about the first guy they arrested. I believe he had three relatives that were suspects too.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...s-dropped-against-man-in-connection-to-drexel

Was Brittanee captured by a sex offender? Police link convicted rapist in mysterious cold case of student who disappeared on Spring Break
Brittanee Drexel, then 17, was last seen on hotel security footage in 2009 as she headed back to her room, but she never made it there
Has prompted police to re-examine case of Crystal Soles, then 28, who disappeared from a nearby town while walking home at night in 2005

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-disappeared-Spring-Break.html#ixzz23phav3HT

This is an article about Raymond Moody's California victims;

Three years after Brittanee Drexel’s disappearance, a victim of ‘person of interest’ speaks out

By Cristina Corbin

Published April 25, 2012

FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ce-past-victim-person-interest/#ixzz23pj5zdn0

My personal theory is that the people she went with know A LOT more than they're talking err... not talking about.

Who wants to be a square? I know I don't!

I watched the rerun of "Disappeared" that featured Brittanee's case just this past week via Netflix. It brought it all back...and while we the viewers can let her case collect dust in our minds, Dawn Drexel cannot. :praying:

My heart goes out to Brittanee's family and friends. :rose:

Who wants to be a square? I know I don't!

I watched the rerun of "Disappeared" that featured Brittanee's case just this past week via Netflix. It brought it all back...and while we the viewers can let her case collect dust in our minds, Dawn Drexel cannot. :praying:

My heart goes out to Brittanee's family and friends. :rose:

Whether you errr...some people just are squares. :innocent:

Here are some links to get people caught up on this case;

MB Police: body found is not Brittanee Drexel
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:00 AM EST Updated: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:40 PM EST http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13510993/body-found-along-palmetto-pointe-blvd

Brittanee Drexel Case on "Dr. Phil": Peter Brozowitz Says He Has Been "Thrown Under the Bus"
Talk Turns Contentious, Accusatory as 20-Year-Old Tells His Side of Missing Girl Story

This article sums up the Dr. Phil show excellently. He says he gave a DNA sample to the MBPD, but I wonder if that's really true; http://voices.yahoo.com/brittanee-drexel-case-dr-phil-peter-brozowitz-says-3307912.html?cat=9

Brittanee Drexel's father unhappy with some police efforts

Missing Brittanee Marie Drexel. 2 years, too long.

This is a Youtube video; Missing Brittanee Marie Drexel. 2 years, too long. - YouTube

Arrest made in failed Myrtle Beach abduction, close to where Brittanee Drexel was last seen

This is the guy who was cleared I believe; Arrest made in failed Myrtle Beach abduction, close to where Brittanee Drexel was last seen - YouTube

Charges dropped against man in connection to Drexel

By: News 14 Carolina Web Staff

This is about the first guy they arrested. I believe he had three relatives that were suspects too.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...s-dropped-against-man-in-connection-to-drexel

Was Brittanee captured by a sex offender? Police link convicted rapist in mysterious cold case of student who disappeared on Spring Break
Brittanee Drexel, then 17, was last seen on hotel security footage in 2009 as she headed back to her room, but she never made it there
Has prompted police to re-examine case of Crystal Soles, then 28, who disappeared from a nearby town while walking home at night in 2005

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-disappeared-Spring-Break.html#ixzz23phav3HT

This is an article about Raymond Moody's California victims;

Three years after Brittanee Drexel’s disappearance, a victim of ‘person of interest’ speaks out

By Cristina Corbin

Published April 25, 2012

FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ce-past-victim-person-interest/#ixzz23pj5zdn0

My personal theory is that the people she went with know A LOT more than they're talking err... not talking about.

Here's my post with the catch up links.

Thanks! My heart breaks for Brittanee's family .
Hope I catch the show in time .
There's a special needs young man missing from MB I hope will get some attention ,also.
See siggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member