Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabgod, goshh I wish, I haven't found anything personally. I wish there were a lottt more details about the cell, that would provide a lot of answers, I think.

Someone should start a thread for this young lady. Hope she is found soon.

Fabgod, goshh I wish, I haven't found anything personally. I wish there were a lottt more details about the cell, that would provide a lot of answers, I think.

Hi, first post here, great job by everyone so far!
Does anybody know if there are any more detailed cell phone records available anywhere, other than the investigation discovery show please?

I would love to see the cell phone records. I don't know if they are available or not.

It makes sense that Law enforcement will keep details private an obviously only release information they think will move the case forward I suppose.

It would be interesting to know if The company that filmed Investigation discovery had any more information they could share?

I'm in Myrtle Beach until next Saturday. If there's anything that anyone wants me to check out or photograph, let me know. I'm sure the local sleuthers have covered it all, but I wanted to offer.

Brittanee, I think I saw you in the clouds, lovely girl. You will never be forgotten.

Thinking about brittanee daily!

Pomegranate not to put u in a bind but if u get a chance I think it would be super interesting if u were able to shoot a cell video of the route britt would have walked and esp zone in on farmhands estimated location. I have never been to mb and think it would be interesting. Maybe bounce new ideas.

In post #510 mlatta provided a map of the area that the sunglasses were found. This is great since I had only been able to find a brief description of where they were found. It is my understanding the glasses were found in early December, 2009 which means if they were dropped the night BD went missing they would have been sitting there for about 7 months. A couple from Columbia, SC found the glasses while searching for firewood as they were camping in the area.

Sunglasses Found in Brittanee Drexel Search - YouTube

appx_location_glasses2.jpg

DREXSHADES.jpg

In the video the women that found the sunglasses says they were found in a area were they couldn't have washed up which tells me they weren't found on the shoreline but more in the woods. The video shows a couple of law enforcement folks with a women (vehicles parked behind them) and a search dog so I would guess they are at the exact spot where they were found. The interview of the women appears to be at the Pole Yard boat landing (letter A in photo). That is what I find interesting is the close proximity to the Pole Yard boat landing from where the sunglasses were found. The Pole Yard boat landing was one of the first areas to be searched for BD. I use my google earth again and it is less than a 1/3 of a mile away. The sunglasses found are a pair of knockoff Prada sunglasses. Who would wear a pair of designer Prada sunglasses? A female teenager. The women in the video states these aren't sunglasses that a hunter would wear and I would agree. How did they get there? Is this an area frequented by female teenagers? Are there walking trails or the like in the area? Do the young kids from the area like to hang out there and do what young kids do? We have a couple of possibilities. 1. They don't belong to BD and were dropped by someone else. 2. They belong to BD and were dropped by accident or for some other reason by perp. I personally don't think they were dropped to mislead the searchers to bring them from one area to another. The searchers could just return to the original search area after searching the new area couldn't they? If you were trying to mislead someone why not leave something known to belong to BD like her purse or ID or her cell phone and leave it in a more visible area. I feel there is a good possibility they do belong to her since no one has come forward to claim them after all of the media attention this find brought. And finally if these are her sunglasses were other belongings of BD brought here and possibly tossed into the river?

Good work again Farmhand,
Is it possible I wonder to tell if Brittanee had the glasses on her head in the cctv footage, she obviously wouldnt have been wearing them to walk to and from the hotels as it was getting too late in the evening for that.
My asking is because if she didnt have them on, they would have been in her purse, so why would there only be the glasses that had been discarded from the purse?

My other thought is that I read that the glasses had no dna or marks on at all, which is strange for a pair of sunglasses worn in hot weather, surely there would be sweat, hair or prints, unless they had been extremely well cleaned and then if someone took the time to do that, then why be so sloppy as to just drop them?
I also think that there was discussion that there was no sign of wear as to weather or water.

If the person who did this was discarding Brittanees belongings into the river, why not simply throw the complete purse in? admittedly they could have been searching thru her purse for money etc, but this wouldnt tally with the glasses being "clean"

Its also interesting to not that the area indicated on the map is on the south side of the Pole yard, that area seems a lot less accessible than the north side or the river

Just had another look at google earth regarding the sunglasses location, If they were forund on the south bank, which the information on post 510 states, then there are only two driveable paths to that area, both would be hard to "stumble" on so it would look very much like the offender had a quite detailed knowledge of the area. The shortest route would be on an access path right next to the bridge, which seems to lead to some sort of building, if its a house then surely a vehicle would have been noticed at that time of night?

The other access is about a mile and a quarter further south and follows either a small river or drainage channel, you would definitely have to know this path well, at night, not a proper road and near to water the full length that the path runs.
Besides the main POI who lived around 10 miles away from the location, there is another "family" who had or have a residence about 3 and a half miles away

Just had another look at google earth regarding the sunglasses location, If they were forund on the south bank, which the information on post 510 states, then there are only two driveable paths to that area, both would be hard to "stumble" on so it would look very much like the offender had a quite detailed knowledge of the area. The shortest route would be on an access path right next to the bridge, which seems to lead to some sort of building, if its a house then surely a vehicle would have been noticed at that time of night?

The other access is about a mile and a quarter further south and follows either a small river or drainage channel, you would definitely have to know this path well, at night, not a proper road and near to water the full length that the path runs.
Besides the main POI who lived around 10 miles away from the location, there is another "family" who had or have a residence about 3 and a half miles away

Yeah I noticed the building also. This path looks drivable since I can see the 2 vehicle tracks. You should see some of the roads where I live. Ha ha. We often refer to them as prairie trails or 2 track trails or section line roads. Farmers use them to get to fields or pastures. According to the USGS (US Geological Survey) there is a river gauge located near the building. Maybe it houses some kind of equipment to record river levels, flows, etc.? I wonder if that has something to do with it or maybe someone does live there. Maybe the glasses were in the purse and fell out? It would have been dark. As far as weathering goes maybe they were sheltered by trees? Plastic is very durable. The sunglasses I wear are all plastic even the hinges are plastic. Nothing on them to rust. It would be nice to have the glasses in hand and see if there are markings on them or not. I might buy a pair of sunglasses next spring and put them in the woods and see what they look like 7 months later. That would be a fun experiment.

You know your read and watch The Tv show Disappeared About this , Then you see on the other thread that today Jon Benet Ramsey would have turned 22 and I cant help but think about these to young girls among others too ofcourse and you can't help but ponder all THE WHAT IF'S .

Bumping for Britt, praying as usual... :(

I've been thinking back on that hotel video that other guy took of her the night before she disappeared.. I've never realized the concept of how trusting she was of other people (at least, that's what it seems like.) She was so isolated from the people she thought were her friends that she was basically forced to either be alone, or hang out with random strangers on the remainder of the trip. She didn't know him at all, and in the video you can tell that she's comfortable & having a good time.. smiling, laughing, etc. That shows you how trusting she was of the people around her. At this point, I feel like any "cute" boy, or group of boys, could have randomly approached her along Ocean Boulevard and maybe even offered her a ride back to the other hotel room.. something that would most likely seem so harmless to Brittanee could have easily turned out to be any teenage girl's worst nightmare.. not to mention her parent's worst nightmare. Her entire family and friends have all agreed on the fact that she is too trusting, and had the mindset that she could take care of herself, no matter what situation was thrown at her.

I hope that new information comes along soon.. one minute, I think that PB and his friends had something to do with it.. then I continue thinking and convince myself that maybe RM is responsible for her disappearance, being a sex offender and all..... but, then I look at the "friends" she traveled with and how they left her behind like they couldn't care less.. Then, of course, you are reminded of the fact that she was hanging out with a random stranger less than 24 hours before she disappeared.... not saying he had anything to do with it, LE has already confirmed that he was cooperative and his alibi checked out... but, you begin to wonder just how many strangers came into contact with her? On the ID show, her boyfriend mentions that while she was always walking alone to the restaurants and the beach that guys would "antagonize Brittanee and yell at her, because she was a really pretty girl", so she just picks some random guy to walk with her back to her hotel.. and yes, he seems like a nice, decent guy- there are millions of guys just like him.. but I don't think she realized that there are just as many bad guys out there. In her mind, what were the chances that something like that would ever happen to her? Slim to none? & That was her downfall. Maybe one of the guys that were "antagonizing" her just happened to cross her path that night, and offered her a ride back to the hotel. Maybe someone was mad at the fact that she wasn't paying attention to them while they were yelling at her?

I'm sorry for rambling.. it just seems like every time I turn on the TV, I hear a new story about once again another young girl missing... its happening more now than ever.. and the sad thing is that hardly any of them have been found (dead or alive).. Lauren Spierer, Holly Bobo, Brittanee Drexel, haleigh cummings, Sierra Lamar, Mickey Shunick.

Everything surrounding Brittanee's case just seems so generic.. a girl goes missing, cops get a couple of good leads at first, everyone is hopeful and confident that there will be a resolution to the case. All of a sudden, your credible leads and tips stop flowing in, and every person you talk to is basically just another dead end. The family and friends are completely heartbroken and terrified and just stuck in this nightmare. It's the exact same process for all of these girls that are missing. When it comes to Brittanee's disappearance, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop