Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm right there with you JeannieC. Finding her before Christmas would be a great gift.

Very soon, Brittanee's thread will be moved to the Missing But Not Forgotten discussion forum. Don't lose her! A redirect will be left for a while, but after that, she can be found in that forum.

Come home soon, Brittanee.

This isn't exactly "new" to any of us who have been following Brittanee's case, however, she is back in the news:

Drexel impostors on Facebook
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/dec/18/drexel-impostors-on-facebook/

Internet trolls -- you HAVE TO ignore them, or you will go absolutely insane.. there's so many of them, and they're EVERYWHERE ...

There was a Facebook page for a missing girl in SC (Samantha Smith) and it was public, and the trolls totally ruined it, with vulgarity, profanity, and some of MEANEST things you could ever imagine.. They made Samantha's sister cry, and it made my blood boil ..

I have since accepted that "it is what it is" and the internet anonymity, there's nothing that can be done. I am thankful for forums such as Websleuths that are carefully moderated and keep the garbage out...

One of the persons who made a Brittanee Drexel facebook account commented on a tribute page for Brittanee that she made the account because she is praying for Brittanee, and if you love Brittanee, to befriend her. I think a lot of the people who make FB accounts with the same name as a victim are doing it as a tribute....you just have to look at what they write on their page. If they are doing it be ~edgy~ or to mock the victim, you'll know. In the article, someone said they saw 35 facebook profiles for Brittanee, and now I only see about 4, so perhaps when the case first happened and was in the media, some trolls made fake accounts to defame her.

However, I do understand how it could be offensive to the families of missing persons to have someone make a FB account with the same name and picture of their relative and say something like, "Hi, My name is ______. I have been missing since (date) from (place). If you have any info, call _____." Even if the person's intentions seem good, and they aren't mocking the victim or the crime, it still has to be weird to have someone talking about your missing relative in the first person.

This isn't exactly "new" to any of us who have been following Brittanee's case, however, she is back in the news:

Drexel impostors on Facebook
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/dec/18/drexel-impostors-on-facebook/

Internet trolls -- you HAVE TO ignore them, or you will go absolutely insane.. there's so many of them, and they're EVERYWHERE ...

There was a Facebook page for a missing girl in SC (Samantha Smith) and it was public, and the trolls totally ruined it, with vulgarity, profanity, and some of MEANEST things you could ever imagine.. They made Samantha's sister cry, and it made my blood boil ..

I have since accepted that "it is what it is" and the internet anonymity, there's nothing that can be done. I am thankful for forums such as Websleuths that are carefully moderated and keep the garbage out...

Unfortunately, they are probably only removed by Facebook and LE doesn't delve into who it really was. I think they should locate these people and put them away for a few years in a "real" prison. JMO

Unfortunately, they are probably only removed by Facebook and LE doesn't delve into who it really was. I think they should locate these people and put them away for a few years in a "real" prison. JMO

I totally agree. That is so cruel and it should be illegal to impersonate another person. If the families could find out who they are they should sue them. jmo

Very soon, Brittanee's thread will be moved to the Missing But Not Forgotten discussion forum. Don't lose her! A redirect will be left for a while, but after that, she can be found in that forum.

Come home soon, Brittanee.

I understand why but I was dreading this day. Every time I came to look for Britt's thread and didn't see it on the first page I worried that it had been moved to the missing but not forgotten. We'll never forget you Britt and will never give up hope that you'll be reunited with your family and those that love you.
:(

Is Raymond Moody still considered a suspect? I haven't seen his name mentioned much since August here or in various press reports I've read. As for the press, they haven't done much digging into Moody's past other than Googling his name and repeating the first thing that comes up.

They don't mention that he was in the Navy and that he terrorized at least 6 young girls in California while he was stationed there, not just the one he was prosecuted for. They need to do some work because Raymond Moody is one bad dude.

When does a case get moved to "Missing but not Forgotten"? Is there a certain amount of time?

When does a case get moved to "Missing but not Forgotten"? Is there a certain amount of time?

Approximately 3 years. As we approach 2012, the unsolved 2009 missing persons cases are all being moved to the missing but not forgotten discussion forum. When we approach 2013, the unsolved 2010 missing persons cases will be moved over.... When we reached 2011 all the unsolved 2008 cases moved over......

hth

Soon it will be 2012. Let this be the year we find Brittanee.

There was a Facebook account that was still active last summer. I won't name the account, but the person was using photos of Brittanee in her profile trying to pass them off as herself. I reported it about a year ago and a dear friend who is trusted in the field did a screen shot and passed it along to LE. This person was claiming to be a mother of 2. The photos of her kids were clearly Gap ads. The crazy part is that she claimed to be going to nursing school in Florida. I remember reading a msm interview w Brit's mum where she stated that Brittanee was interested in nursing school. One of the photos this person was trying to pass off as herself was obviously a different girl. Her eyes were brown. I know Brit's natural eye color is gree, but most photos show her w the blue contacts. There was even a photo of Brittanee and her bf. this person was claiming this was her baby daddy. She was using a different name. I found it all pretty sick.

I own a business in MB and I think about Brittanee often.

I just want the family to know that local folks have not forgotten.

They are in our prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member