Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info and link, SeaNymph. And thank you also for the correction on the victims age in CA that RM served time for. Wow! I didn't realize she was only 9! There was also some confusion in HE's thread on the location of remains. Tell me if I am correct.....Tidewater ROAD is in the Socastee area where the remains were found.....Tidewater DRIVE is in NMB?

wm

Thanks for the info and link, SeaNymph. And thank you also for the correction on the victims age in CA that RM served time for. Wow! I didn't realize she was only 9! There was also some confusion in HE's thread on the location of remains. Tell me if I am correct.....Tidewater ROAD is in the Socastee area where the remains were found.....Tidewater DRIVE is in NMB?

wm
No, Tidewater Rd is in MB, not Socastee where HE car was found...Socastee is a small area located inland situated kind of just west behind south end MB/Surfside/Garden City beaches....it's not too far either though from Tidewater Rd, I'd guess no more than 10-15 mi.

:floorlaugh:
Got it! I was confoosed! :D
Rightly so.... Any and every 'beach town' almost has a Tidewater Rd/Dr/St etc as we see here, MB,NMB and Surfside at least. Easy to get confused.

I don't know how floor laugh guy got here in my reply but he's too tangled up there for me to chance messing up your quote!

Pat Taney ‏@whec_ptaney 14m
Mother of Chili teen Brittanee Drexel, who went missing in Myrtle Beach, is in contact with authorities about remains.http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3263236.shtml?cat=565 …

Carolyn Callahan ‏@carolyncallahan 37m
Our media partners at @wmbfbreaking reporting the remains found in Horry County have been sent to Texas for DNA testing. #sctweets

SeaNymph/Locals, Please look at the video that The Cheese posted above and see if the tv station has the correct Tidewater Dr/RD pinpointed. It looks like they have the NMB Tidewater instead of the one out 501 way. This may be why people like me are confused, LOL! TIA

wm

Prayers to Dawn and all of Brittanee's loved ones as they wait.

Salem

Along 501 - YouTube

And the reporter quoted above stating it is 20+ miles from Bluewater is nuts - I bet they're referencing Tidewater Rd/Dr either in GC/Surfside or NMB. This is just over 6 miles from 2501 S Ocean Blvd/Bluewater resort.

Snipped and BBM. I wish the reporters would get their facts straight before putting things out in MSM. Rochester news is stating 25 miles from where BD was last seen when it is really 6 miles

SeaNymph/Locals, Please look at the video that The Cheese posted above and see if the tv station has the correct Tidewater Dr/RD pinpointed. It looks like they have the NMB Tidewater instead of the one out 501 way. This may be why people like me are confused, LOL! TIA

wm

Their map was wrong. The remains were found Saturday was on Tidewater Rd. Myrtle Beach, SC 29579 not Tidewater Dr North Myrtle Beach, 29582

Several MSM have made that mistake! One had the right map but when the newscaster spoke she said dr not rd :banghead:

It might be too early to say this. If these are Brittanee's remains which I believe they are I hope Dawn brings her home to Rochester. Brittanee needs to come home and home to her was Rochester. I know this might not happen since Dawn is in Myrtle Beach now, and it is up to her.

It might be too early to say this. If these are Brittanee's remains which I believe they are I hope Dawn brings her home to Rochester. Brittanee needs to come home and home to her was Rochester. I know this might not happen since Dawn is in Myrtle Beach now, and it is up to her.

The BBM part of Rochestergirl's post above made me wonder . . .

How likely does everyone think or feel it is that these remains are Brittanee's?

Regardless, I'm thinking of Britt and her family again today. :beats:

128657464991113191800301197_BRITTANEE_DREXEL.jpg

If RM first lived with his parent's after his release does anyone know where they lived? I can't find the post that said he moved into the Sunset lodge the day beforeBritt went missing. I am just wondering if his parent's home is anywhere near the tidewater area?

Never Let Go, Thank you, thank you for posting the videos of disappeared. YOU ROCK!!! :)

wm

it might be too early to say this. If these are brittanee's remains which i believe they are i hope dawn brings her home to rochester. Brittanee needs to come home and home to her was rochester. I know this might not happen since dawn is in myrtle beach now, and it is up to her.

(((hugs)))

If RM first lived with his parent's after his release does anyone know where they lived? I can't find the post that said he moved into the Sunset lodge the day beforeBritt went missing. I am just wondering if his parent's home is anywhere near the tidewater area?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...in-cold-case-disappearances-brittanee-drexel/

ETA This link doesn't reveal anything about his parents address. But it does mention he moved into the Sunset Lodge the day before Brittanee disappeared. And mentioned he was in MB area the same weekend Brittanee disappeared.

Hoping that the gender of the remains can at least be determined quickly. The estimated age of the remains sparks a feeling that this just might be Brittanee. I feel for the loved ones of the deceased, whoever it may be. Hope that clothing was found nearby....heck I hope anything was found nearby to help find the murderer who took this person's life.

I hope this map link works. I am going to try to find the map from previous threads that shows Britt's phone and the pinging that was tracked. I remember it went through Surfside, 17 ByPass, Georgetown but want to look at that map again to see if it went anywhere near where these remains are. Doesn't mean she wasn't brought here later/or she was never near her phone.

never mind my maps never work! ugh but I did one from Bluewater to Tidewater Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee