Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must correct myself. I stated in post #39 that PB states during the Dr. Phil show he called BD to see if she still wanted to go out after she left his hotel room. I watched the Dr. Phil show again a couple of times this weekend and instead PB says that he told BD as she left his room to call him if she still wanted to go out that night. So I am not sure why he would have called. Maybe John G called PB looking for her and then PB tried to call? Or maybe there is something more nefarious going on I don't know.

I think a little pressure from LE and questioning of her "friends" would break this case wide open IMO.

Lately, my thoughts have been focused on BD. After Mickey's disappearance was solved, I started noticing similarities between MS and BD. Both cell phones of MS and BD pinged at boat landings/launch areas, evidence was found within a certain distance of each location (bike, sunglasses), both ladies vanished after visiting persons known to them, both ladies visited clubs during the week they disappeared, both chose exposed transportation (biking, walking) and both were very attractive in physical appearance. I could keep listing the similarities, but I think you get the point. A TON of common elements between the two.

Everyone knows BD was a very trusting person and invited a total stranger into her hotel room to keep her company. This is not a fault. Only reflects that BD felt safe with a certain age group/type of people and felt the need to spend time with people while on her vacation. I don't think she would have responded to someone like RM due to his age. More likely, the person who interacted with her was in the age of 18-26 in 2009 and drove a nice vehicle. I personally think this male was very good looking and had "seen her before/around" used that line on her to assure her she was safe. Something about seeing her at the club with her friends. I thought for a long time that the Taylor's had a part in her abduction but there are so many coincidences between Mickey and Brittanee, I think it's more likely an unknown sex offender or RSO was involved.

I don't think Sex Offenders vary much in thought. Just like you take a picture, thinking it's original in every way and then you search the internet and find your exact same picture of that statue, hotel or whatever the public subject matter being pictured. FBI are able to create profiles due to the fact humans are creatures of habit.

The friends. "Friends". I don't think they had anything to do with the actual disappearance of BD. They are kids.. kids on trust funds. Admit you've done wrong and the trust fund goes away. When this group of people start having kids and get older, they will regret their behavior. They all realize BD vanished because no one cared and they were being mean to her.

Cell phone pings. The police must have crossed referenced BD's cell phone pings vs. the group of "kids" she was with in MB. It would have been suspicious if all of the guy's (PB and his crew) cell phones were turned off at the same time or traveled the same direction as BD's cell phone. Same with J and A. So obviously, their (the NY kids) cell phones pinged in areas within MB. That being said, why did the FBI not look into the cell's of all SO's that pinged off the same towers? Obviously, someone's cell either did or did not ping at the same time BD's cell phone did. If the cell phone was turned off during the time of the supposed kidnapping, then the records would reflect this time. If no cell phone, then any footage or eye witnesses of a RSO vehicle would have been significant.

For some reason, I feel BD's abductor will be captured soon. I don't think he's able to resist doing this again. I think this person would be turning all of 27 this year.

I don't think the selfish people BD traveled to MB with in 2009 killed her or trafficked her. I think they are people who enjoy using drugs and don't care about others.

I am not sure I know who Mickey is. Is that another girl that went missing from MB?

I think Mickey Schunick Lafayette LA abduction/murder which has been solved.

Yes, Mickey Schunick in LA (her case has been solved). *Correction to my previous post, MS's phone did not ping at Whiskey Bay. Mickey's bike was found by fisherman at Whiskey Bay. Pole Yard and Whiskey Bay are both boat launches/fishing spots under a major roadway.

Lately, my thoughts have been focused on BD. After Mickey's disappearance was solved, I started noticing similarities between MS and BD. Both cell phones of MS and BD pinged at boat landings/launch areas, evidence was found within a certain distance of each location (bike, sunglasses), both ladies vanished after visiting persons known to them, both ladies visited clubs during the week they disappeared, both chose exposed transportation (biking, walking) and both were very attractive in physical appearance. I could keep listing the similarities, but I think you get the point. A TON of common elements between the two.

Everyone knows BD was a very trusting person and invited a total stranger into her hotel room to keep her company. This is not a fault. Only reflects that BD felt safe with a certain age group/type of people and felt the need to spend time with people while on her vacation. I don't think she would have responded to someone like RM due to his age. More likely, the person who interacted with her was in the age of 18-26 in 2009 and drove a nice vehicle. I personally think this male was very good looking and had "seen her before/around" used that line on her to assure her she was safe. Something about seeing her at the club with her friends. I thought for a long time that the Taylor's had a part in her abduction but there are so many coincidences between Mickey and Brittanee, I think it's more likely an unknown sex offender or RSO was involved.

I don't think Sex Offenders vary much in thought. Just like you take a picture, thinking it's original in every way and then you search the internet and find your exact same picture of that statue, hotel or whatever the public subject matter being pictured. FBI are able to create profiles due to the fact humans are creatures of habit.

The friends. "Friends". I don't think they had anything to do with the actual disappearance of BD. They are kids.. kids on trust funds. Admit you've done wrong and the trust fund goes away. When this group of people start having kids and get older, they will regret their behavior. They all realize BD vanished because no one cared and they were being mean to her.

Cell phone pings. The police must have crossed referenced BD's cell phone pings vs. the group of "kids" she was with in MB. It would have been suspicious if all of the guy's (PB and his crew) cell phones were turned off at the same time or traveled the same direction as BD's cell phone. Same with J and A. So obviously, their (the NY kids) cell phones pinged in areas within MB. That being said, why did the FBI not look into the cell's of all SO's that pinged off the same towers? Obviously, someone's cell either did or did not ping at the same time BD's cell phone did. If the cell phone was turned off during the time of the supposed kidnapping, then the records would reflect this time. If no cell phone, then any footage or eye witnesses of a RSO vehicle would have been significant.

For some reason, I feel BD's abductor will be captured soon. I don't think he's able to resist doing this again. I think this person would be turning all of 27 this year.

I don't think the selfish people BD traveled to MB with in 2009 killed her or trafficked her. I think they are people who enjoy using drugs and don't care about others.

Hi All, I haven't posted in a very long time, but I'm always checking in to see if anything new has happened in Britt's case.

I agree, it would be very interesting to know if LE checked to see if any RSO's cell's ping'd from the same tower when Britt's did. I was wondering is the age estimation of "27 this year" based solely on a criminal profile of sorts?

I followed the MS case somewhat as well, such a sad ending for such a beautiful girl.

I based the age (my guess) on the "friends" BD was hanging out with in MB. The oldest guy in the group (PB's friends) was 25 at the time. IMHO, I don't think BD would accept a ride from someone like Raymond Moody. IMO, I don't think RM could have grabbed BD and put her into a vehicle w/o someone noticing or evidence being left behind (as many posters have noted). Another poster mentioned people are constantly getting in and out of vehicles (willingly) on Ocean Blvd. This leads me to think BD was offered a ride by someone in their early 20's. Again all this is JMHO. One more thing. Why isn't the purse BD was seen with on the video footage not listed in the description on the help find BD site? Was the bag recovered?

With regards to Mickey.. yes I agree, very heart breaking ending. Looking on the bright side for MS, it's a blessing getting BSL behind bars.

^^ Totally agreed with a lot of the discussion going on here..

I know this question has been asked before, but why DID JG/Britt's bf get so concerned so early on? Ordinarily if someone doesn't reply to a text for an hour or two, I would just think that they were busy, not threaten to call their parents! Maybe Britt was sending texts like, "I hate being here" and "I wanna go home" etc and JG got concerned that she was going to harm herself? Total speculation obviously, but the MBPD did call Britt's case a possible runaway at first.

And Farmhand's discovery is interesting -- PB apparently called her at around 9:30-10 (I assume) -- why?

I just think this case has gotten lost in the shuffle. There seems to be a lot of evidence and leads to work on, yet the last time we've heard anything from MBPD or the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office was ages ago. The friends never got questioned like they should have. I fear that Britt's case will end up another among hundreds of tragic cold cases. :(

^^ Totally agreed with a lot of the discussion going on here..

I know this question has been asked before, but why DID JG/Britt's bf get so concerned so early on? Ordinarily if someone doesn't reply to a text for an hour or two, I would just think that they were busy, not threaten to call their parents! Maybe Britt was sending texts like, "I hate being here" and "I wanna go home" etc and JG got concerned that she was going to harm herself? Total speculation obviously, but the MBPD did call Britt's case a possible runaway at first.

And Farmhand's discovery is interesting -- PB apparently called her at around 9:30-10 (I assume) -- why?

I just think this case has gotten lost in the shuffle. There seems to be a lot of evidence and leads to work on, yet the last time we've heard anything from MBPD or the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office was ages ago. The friends never got questioned like they should have. I fear that Britt's case will end up another among hundreds of tragic cold cases. :(

It was either 9:53 pm or 9:54 pm. I would have to look at the episode again to see exactly.

In MB this week on vaca, due to us wanting to bring our dog (and lack of pet friendly hotels) we wound up staying at Bar Harbor. Hubby and I have spent a lot of time discussing Brittanee while we've been here. I could go either way now as far as whether it was her friends or a stranger. Year after year the south end of the strand becomes a little seedier. A lady we've gotten to know was robbed in broad daylight two days ago out on the beach which is still fairly crowded for this time of year. Lots of places for someone who's up to no good to hide on the strip.

Going back to the robbery above...if that can happen...dead in the middle of the day on a crowded beach...how hard would it have been for someone to've grabbed Brittanee without anyone noticing?

In MB this week on vaca, due to us wanting to bring our dog (and lack of pet friendly hotels) we wound up staying at Bar Harbor. Hubby and I have spent a lot of time discussing Brittanee while we've been here. I could go either way now as far as whether it was her friends or a stranger. Year after year the south end of the strand becomes a little seedier. A lady we've gotten to know was robbed in broad daylight two days ago out on the beach which is still fairly crowded for this time of year. Lots of places for someone who's up to no good to hide on the strip.

Going back to the robbery above...if that can happen...dead in the middle of the day on a crowded beach...how hard would it have been for someone to've grabbed Brittanee without anyone noticing?

We were just there actually left on the 19th. Never been there before but I kept seeing the big billboard for Britanee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Happy Birthday, Britt! So sad you aren't home with your family to celebrate. :(

So sad. How can these kids walk around as if nothing happened?!

I wouldn't blame Dawn if she hunted down those last seen with her daughter herself and demanded answers. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman