Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a frequent MB visitor, I also think that it would have been virtually impossible for a stranger to have abducted her by say forcing her into a car, putting a gun to her back, etc. I think it's someone she knew or met down there who offered her a ride and she got in willingly.

What Why on earth would you think that how many cases of girls gone missing are on the news or thier still missing and were talking about it on here on a regular basis from around the world that were abducted it happens every day and it's very possible that thats exactly what happend here to britt. Its very possible she was forcably or tricked by a stranger and abducted.

What Why on earth would you think that how many cases of girls gone missing are on the news or thier still missing and were talking about it on here on a regular basis from around the world that were abducted it happens every day and it's very possible that thats exactly what happend here to britt. Its very possible she was forcably or tricked by a stranger and abducted.

I firmly believe with it being that crowded on the strip that she accepted a ride with someone she knew. IMO, it would have been very hard for someone to snatch her with out screaming and someone hearing or seeing it. IMO

I said 'virtually impossible' not completely impossible. It would be like snatching someone off a busy sidewalk in Manhattan. It's just very public and if a psycho wanted a young girl there would be a lot less conspicuous places in that area to snatch a girl from. I think it's so much more likely that it was some guy who she met at a club earlier/beach/by the pool, etc. who remembered her and either happened to see her or followed her and said 'hey Britt, want a ride?" and in she went.

If she was grabbed; and we know she was wearing flip flops I would have thought at least one of those would have fallen off. Flip flops tends to come off very easily.

I said 'virtually impossible' not completely impossible. It would be like snatching someone off a busy sidewalk in Manhattan. It's just very public and if a psycho wanted a young girl there would be a lot less conspicuous places in that area to snatch a girl from. I think it's so much more likely that it was some guy who she met at a club earlier/beach/by the pool, etc. who remembered her and either happened to see her or followed her and said 'hey Britt, want a ride?" and in she went.

I have always been unsure as to whether she was abducted or accepted a ride. As of late I tend to think she accepted a ride. If she accepted a ride that would explain why no one saw or heard anything and as Rochestergirl mentioned none of her belongings were found. If there was a struggle she could have easily lost a flip flop, dropped her purse, phone. Remember the night before she asked someone unknown to her to walk her back to her motel room. The person filmed her in her room which is the video we have all seen. What if that night as it was getting darker and she was walking back something like that occurred again. She was getting harassed and she got scared. She would have been more likely to accept a ride or maybe she got tired of walking and wanted to get back to her room faster to give back the shorts to her friend to make amends. Something happened fairly quickly though as she didn't use her phone again.

i agree with you farmhand i dont believe she was grabbed without the loss of any of her belongings or someone seeing the question is who did she accept a ride from. I have always wondered if it was someone in the group. and then maybe a fight happened over the shorts that went to far. these are just thoughts that i have b/c i find it hard to believe that the "friends" honestly know nothing but still act the way they do about it

I think of her often. Opportunities present themselves and monsters take advantage. Anything could have happened. ANYTHING. She could have been taken by force, perhaps no one was on the street at that moment or she was grabbed and forced to walk calmly. Or another girl could have been recruited to gain her trust and get her in a car. I think she is alive. I hope she is found soon. MO

I think of her often. Opportunities present themselves and monsters take advantage. Anything could have happened. ANYTHING. She could have been taken by force, perhaps no one was on the street at that moment or she was grabbed and forced to walk calmly. Or another girl could have been recruited to gain her trust and get her in a car. I think she is alive. I hope she is found soon. MO

I agree with you 100%. She could be absolutely anywhere. In the very beginning I was thinking that there is no way to know for sure how far away someone took her. I pray for answers and justice for her. I do not post much anymore but come here often to see if there is any news.

I was looking at the police report again. It says that "upon initial response and meeting with complainant J. Hahn, officer Cleary and Damm did attempt contact with the occupants of room number 305. There was no answer when officer Cleary knocked and announced himself as a police officer. The night auditor gained entry, but no one was present. The occupants belongings were still there. At this time, officer Cleary contacted A. Lippa via telephone number provided by Mr. Hahn"

It has been made clear that due to distance, Hahn didn't make it to MB to report Brittanee as missing until after 4AM. On the other police report, it states that LE was initially dispatched to Bar Harbor at 04:54AM military time (almost 5AM). If the cops went directly to the room to try and find the other kids and they're not there even though it's past 5AM, where were they??? It's obvious that these kids were party animals, but 5AM... really??

I've always thought that one or some of the friends she went to MB with were involved. They weren't eager to assist police, one high-tailed it back to NY leaving some of his belongings and security deposit. In the one interview, that friend seemed PO'ed that they were even asking him questions.
The area that BD was staying and where she was last seen, is right in the middle of the crowded action. It's hard to believe someone could pull her into a car and no one witness it. She didn't appear drunk or high in the last video she was seen in.
But then, I have to think. Could people, not from SC, have found a place to dump her, that would be that good. There is a lot of swampland, and some alligators. But still, I question that part of it.
I don't have a good feeling about the whole thing. I live in SC and have been to MB hundreds of times. But even at my age, I no longer walk the beach, alone, at sunrise. Too easy for something to happen. Now I have to wait for DH, who can't go to the beach till after breakfast.

Brittanee has been on my mind a lot lately, so I felt like re-reading some of my old notes, and post something here, so here goes.

Originally Posted by Christina691:
I was looking at the police report again. It says that "upon initial response and meeting with complainant J. Hahn, officer Cleary and Damm did attempt contact with the occupants of room number 305. There was no answer when officer Cleary knocked and announced himself as a police officer. The night auditor gained entry, but no one was present. The occupants belongings were still there. At this time, officer Cleary contacted A. Lippa via telephone number provided by Mr. Hahn"

It has been made clear that due to distance, Hahn didn't make it to MB to report Brittanee as missing until after 4AM. On the other police report, it states that LE was initially dispatched to Bar Harbor at 04:54AM military time (almost 5AM). If the cops went directly to the room to try and find the other kids and they're not there even though it's past 5AM, where were they??? It's obvious that these kids were party animals, but 5AM... really??

I think they were @ The Boardwalk with some other Rochester folks (Nico C + 5 more) Somewhere I read where MBPD made telephone contact with Nico C. who said he had no information. Chances are JO AL PO were all sitting right there in the room, as they were NOT in there room @ Bar Harbor - I wonder why? They appareantly went back to Bar Harbor later that morning, to get their stuff, maybe waited until the police left?

Originally Posted by Rob:
I have to think. Could people, not from SC, have found a place to dump her, that would be that good. There is a lot of swampland, and some alligators.

This has always bothered me... Initial reports indicated her cellphone made a "beeline south" where it continued to ping around the Georgetown-Charleston county line until it finally stopped. I've never been able to find a solid connection with any of the Rochester kids and this area. Those kids DO NOT appear to be smart enough to dispose of a body in an area they're unfamiliar with. (or at least not good enough to hide in from search teams)

Originally posted by Rochestergirl:
If she was grabbed; and we know she was wearing flip flops I would have thought at least one of those would have fallen off. Flip flops tends to come off very easily.

Keep in mind that when the missing persons report was first filed, she was described as "depressed". I think this really slowed down the initial investigation. So, the flip flop could have been sitting there, for a day or two even, until a hotel custodian tossed it in the trash, as it was probably not unusual.

I have always thought - her Myrtle Beach getaway with "friends" was not going as well as she hoped. She left Bar H. to walk to Blue W. and then headed back right after JO called demanding her shorts? It seems JO was being b!tchy about the whole thing. That was one of the 4 people she was staying with. I personally would be feeling shunned and unwanted, which would make me more likely to accept a ride from a stranger.

Just a side note - I don't believe the whole "shorts" story .. never made sense to me.. Why not ask for them back before she left? Or why not just wait until she comes back? You can't tell me JO was waiting around for Brittanee to bring those shorts back - I just don't believe it...

Those girls were a bunch of crass mean brats - to say it nicely. There was 28+ kids from Rochester in MB at that time. I don't think they were all "together"; more like "loosely connected". I had the opportunity to look at the content of their Facebook pages, while it was still public. (I think they all switched their privacy settings on when they realized how many people were scrutinizing them) and their pictures, and the captions made me want to vomit. The two that bothered me the most were AL and JO. And then on top of that - AL and JO were friends with Brittanee's best friend BFF in the whole world TV ... I will never understand that... For me - If you ditch my best friend while on vacation 1,000 miles away, avoid the police during the investigation, and then post nasty comments --- you and I are going to have a problem, and we're definitely no longer going ot be friends !!! FACT: As of todday AL + TV are still friends on facebook ... JO has disappeared from the world of social networking, from what I can tell.

there it is -- My rant, sorry for those of you who heard it all from me before...

I've always been on the fence about this:

1) the group of brats from Chili / Rochester - What was their involvment, if any?

2) There's a group of unsavory people live around that Georgetown-Charleston county line area, and North Santee - What was their involvment, if any?

:rockon:

i agree with alot of what you said mlatta... the shorts never made sense to me either the only thing i would like to add is that if they did do something to britt and then hide her body somewhere it dosent necessarily mean that they are smart maybe they have just been lucky to this point think of all the killers that dump bodies that are never found for years and honestly LE has no real idea of where to search from what i understand they are only judging by the last ping her cell gave off but they have no way to know if she actually was with her phone at that time just some thoughts i do think it would be harder for them to find a place to ditch a body in an unfamiliar area but not impossible alot stranger things have happend

This is interesting.... FBI's Timeline of Isreal Keyes

April 9, 2009: Keyes admitted to abducting a female victim from a state on the east coast and transported that person over multiple state lines into New York. The victim is buried in upstate New York. Investigators do not believe this victim is buried on the property Keyes owns in Constable, New York.
http://articles.ktuu.com/2013-08-12/israel-keyes_41343678/2

I'm in MB right now staying at a hotel right by the Bluewater. Yesterday I walked her route to the Bar Harbor. Now I've been to MB often over the years but usually stay on the north end where it's less busy and not so built up. My walk just confirmed my thoughts that there is no isolated spots along this route.There is just one lane of traffic going each way with a bike path by the sidewalk on both sides of the road. What I did notice was there were quite a few parking lots and parking garages on both sides of the road (more garages for the hotels on the beach side). if she was abducted (not willingly getting into a car) then these parking garages might be how it was done. in this part of mb the sidewalks are very narrow and the hotels/parking lots/garages/restaurants are just a few feet from the sidewalk.

A few days back I purchased a online video in HD of the Investigation Discovery show on BD from Amazon for $2.99. I've watched it a few times over the past few days and am able to see a few more things in HD than when I watched it on YouTube. I've always have been interested in the cell phone information and noticed a few things. They mention on the show that her cell phone pings a tower in Surfside Beach at 9:27 pm. I take that as it being the first tower outside of the Myrtle Beach area that her phone pinged. I noticed that it was cell tower #618. They also show cell tower locations that her phone pinged at 9:52 and 9:53 pm. Those are cell towers #640 and #641. I was able to locate them on Google Earth. I made a map showing the approximate location of BD's cell phone at 9:53 pm when it pings the tower located at 209 Firehouse Street. Knowing the distance from this spot to the approximate spot where her cell phone pinged cell tower #618 near Surside Beach I calculated the speed that the cell phone was traveling at as being 45 mph. I thought that was a bit slow. Where I live most speed limits once you leave the city limits is 55 or 65 mph. I checked out Google Earth and traveled all the way from Myrtle Beach to Georgetown, SC in the street view. Lo and behold the speed limit for most of that distance is 45 mph (see photo below). It changes to 60 mph a few miles south of Pawleys Island and then changes back to 45 mph when you get 1 mile or so north of Georgetown, SC. I borrowed the one photo of the cell phone locations from one of Christina691 photo albums. Thank you. I don't know how to save stills from the show. You will also notice in that photo there is a white patch to the right. I was able to pause the HD video and see that there are 2 phone numbers listed there plain as day and another at the bottom of the page.

115_zpsa6cd39b1.jpg

1_zps77a3ca1d.jpg

2_zpse39e14b4.jpg

A few days back I purchased a online video in HD of the Investigation Discovery show on BD from Amazon for $2.99. I've watched it a few times over the past few days and am able to see a few more things in HD than when I watched it on YouTube. I've always have been interested in the cell phone information and noticed a few things. They mention on the show that her cell phone pings a tower in Surfside Beach at 9:27 pm. I take that as it being the first tower outside of the Myrtle Beach area that her phone pinged. I noticed that it was cell tower #618. They also show cell tower locations that her phone pinged at 9:52 and 9:53 pm. I was able to locate them on Google Earth.

I thought it was so fascinating on Brittanee's episode on ID how they were able to discern a high rate of speed (vehicle) and distance based on these pings.

This is interesting.... FBI's Timeline of Isreal Keyes

April 9, 2009: Keyes admitted to abducting a female victim from a state on the east coast and transported that person over multiple state lines into New York. The victim is buried in upstate New York. Investigators do not believe this victim is buried on the property Keyes owns in Constable, New York.
http://articles.ktuu.com/2013-08-12/israel-keyes_41343678/2

the date listed (4/9/09) is before Brittanee went missing (4/25), but it is interesting. Just hearing this guy's name makes my skin crawl.. he was terrifying.

As I had mentioned in post #35 I was able to find 3 phone numbers in the HD version of Disappeared by pausing it a the right moment. I am able to pause it at maybe 1 in 10 tries in the correct spot. Someone asked me if they could check into who the numbers belonged to by using a reverse phone number website that they had a membership to. I gave them the phone numbers and asked that they let me know what they found out. I realize that people over time disconnect phones or change numbers for different reasons. I can remember when my oldest daughter first got her cell phone she kept getting text messages and phone calls for a guy named Dave. We let them know that they had the wrong number and ended up having to block the phone numbers of some of the more persistent ones. I am guessing the phone companies must recycle these numbers. The person contacted me a day later and told me one of the numbers belonged to PB. The other 2 I didn't recognize their names and am guessing those numbers have been recycled and given to someone else. I am wondering why PB would try to call BD? I do remember him saying during the Dr. Phil show that he tried to call her to see if she still wanted to go out that night and this would have been a little over an hour after she left his hotel room. I found it interesting anyways and just to let you folks know the piece of paper I wrote the phone numbers on I chewed it up and swallowed it.

115_zpsa6cd39b1.jpg

I can't believe there hasn't been any further developments with this case. It seems like it has just stalled. :(

Going back to what you guys were discussing before, I totally agree that I think Britt got a ride from someone she knew and therefore got into the car willingly. I find it so hard to believe that no people in the area went to the police to report anything suspicious. That says to me that she got in willingly. Even if she was told to be quiet, I believe that people would've noticed a girl looking scared and then being shoved or forced into a car. From my recollection, it was a really busy strip.

Does anyone know if businesses down that strip have video cameras that are outside or possibly inside that look towards the doors/outside path?

The friends probably have a lot of the answers as well, unless they're just uncaring people (which is also a possibility)

I'm hoping they find her soon. I'm starting to believe whoever took her took her further than Georgetown and that's why she hasn't yet been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member