Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people do you know who, when they are unhappy with their friends and when they want to meet other people, end up accepting a ride in a vehicle from complete strangers at night on a busy street?

Well, one pretty good example would be Betty Lee of Arizona. Maybe not what I'd call a busy street but still adjacent to a crowded bar and a convenience store. But the general idea is still the same, upset with her friends, took a ride from strangers. Things go downhill from there.

With places like Myrtle Beach, males will interact with females pretty much anywhere. I grew up in a similar area, guys cruising around the strip looking to hook up with girls is pretty common, whether it's in the club or in traffic.

Again, no one knows if she voluntarily took a ride. It does seem more likely she was taken against her will but she was a female in high school, so I can't try to get in her head and figure that part out. But it's Myrtle Beach, and it's not unheard of that a young female would find herself interacting with a stranger or two.

So we go back to my statement about nobody hearing any screaming so it would suggest there was a level of trust between her and the people in that car which brings up back to Peter Brozowitz and his friends.

I go round and round on this. One day I think one thing, the next day I think something else. I can't stand the type of spoiled, selfish punk *advertiser censored* kid he was but I don't think PB or any of his roommates did anything. Her so called friends that she was rooming with were total pieces of **** - probably still are - and if I ever see them here in Rochester I will express that to them in public. They totally ditched her and made her feel left out down there and I hope they never forget it!
My current theory is that someone just north of PB's hotel noticed her as she first walked there. A few men hanging out near their car in a parking lot. Not stalking her, but when she walked by again they may have called her over. Perhaps not wanting to offend them she obliged. Maybe they were flirting with her and took her phone jokingly at first and promised to give it back. Then things got dangerously serious.
I don't totally discount the idea that RM was involved. He's from Georgetown area and was staying in Surfside. Just that the window of opportunity was so small to get so lucky and not be seen stalking. And he would've been alone. She could've gotten away from him at some point. She was small but she was athletic and could run like hell. I can see the van scenario happening with ST and the ****s from McClellanville. But again, if they stalked her on the way to the hotel, how would they know she would be leaving again Shortly? And I think someone would remember these scumbags hanging around.
I hold out hope that she is being held by someone who is very disturbed but wouldn't physically harm her. But realistically I believe she was taken to a house in Surfside by 2 or 3 men. That is where they took her life less than 2 hours later. The rest of of the night was spent looking for a place to get rid of her. Definitely locals and someone will talk one of these days

I go round and round on this. One day I think one thing, the next day I think something else. I can't stand the type of spoiled, selfish punk *advertiser censored* kid he was but I don't think PB or any of his roommates did anything. Her so called friends that she was rooming with were total pieces of **** - probably still are - and if I ever see them here in Rochester I will express that to them in public. They totally ditched her and made her feel left out down there and I hope they never forget it!
My current theory is that someone just north of PB's hotel noticed her as she first walked there. A few men hanging out near their car in a parking lot. Not stalking her, but when she walked by again they may have called her over. Perhaps not wanting to offend them she obliged. Maybe they were flirting with her and took her phone jokingly at first and promised to give it back. Then things got dangerously serious.
I don't totally discount the idea that RM was involved. He's from Georgetown area and was staying in Surfside. Just that the window of opportunity was so small to get so lucky and not be seen stalking. And he would've been alone. She could've gotten away from him at some point. She was small but she was athletic and could run like hell. I can see the van scenario happening with ST and the ****s from McClellanville. But again, if they stalked her on the way to the hotel, how would they know she would be leaving again Shortly? And I think someone would remember these scumbags hanging around.
I hold out hope that she is being held by someone who is very disturbed but wouldn't physically harm her. But realistically I believe she was taken to a house in Surfside by 2 or 3 men. That is where they took her life less than 2 hours later. The rest of of the night was spent looking for a place to get rid of her. Definitely locals and someone will talk one of these days

How do you know that? Also, who is RM?

How do you know that? Also, who is RM?
I don't know that. I only have strong thoughts about scenarios based on what I do know. The fact is, there is absolutely no evidence that she is dead. None. And that is why I still hold out hope that I am wrong.
Ray Moody is a sex offender and a person of interest but there was no solid proof linking him to her disappearance

Well your strong thoughts are pretty precise so I was thinking that maybe you had inside information from local residents or a credible source. You don't believe Peter Brozowitz and his friends are involved?

I just don't think Peter had anything to do with it. His behavior later was less than honorable, but I doubt he had anything to do with it. He was singled out for reasons I don't understand. He was noted to be the last person to see her, but in reality that's not true. Peter was not alone with her. He was in the hotel room with the guys he traveled from Rochester with. They all saw her yet Peter came under fire for it.

I tend to lean towards ST and the van theory. I think the phone pings show a steady rate of travel down towards Georgetown. Would not surprise me if they went inland from Georgetown only to go back towards the coast towards McClellanville. The last ping was around Pole Yard Landing.

I wish we we knew more about the persons of interest they had/have. They were supposedly in the same circles as ST.

I doubt ST and his group would have stalked her. I could see them sitting in the van parked in one of the parking garages near the Bluewater just waiting for the right opportunity.

I doubt ST and his group would have stalked her. I could see them sitting in the van parked in one of the parking garages near the Bluewater just waiting for the right opportunity.

I can definitely see that too. And oh how I wish I could see their cell phone pings from that night

I must have missed this one but who is ST?

I suppose it's a possibility too that her abductor(s) perhaps were staying in MB at the same time, maybe at a hotel or rental. There's no shortage of drugs in the area, so a more brazen abduction certainly wouldn't surprise me. I mean, she could have very well walked past a hotel they were staying at and it escalated from there. It seems more like an opportunity type situation rather than seeing her and stalking her, but you never know.

I just don't think Peter had anything to do with it. His behavior later was less than honorable, but I doubt he had anything to do with it. He was singled out for reasons I don't understand. He was noted to be the last person to see her, but in reality that's not true. Peter was not alone with her. He was in the hotel room with the guys he traveled from Rochester with. They all saw her yet Peter came under fire for it.

I tend to lean towards ST and the van theory. I think the phone pings show a steady rate of travel down towards Georgetown. Would not surprise me if they went inland from Georgetown only to go back towards the coast towards McClellanville. The last ping was around Pole Yard Landing.

I wish we we knew more about the persons of interest they had/have. They were supposedly in the same circles as ST.

How do you explain him leaving the hotel at 2 AM with his friends? How do you explain his standoffish and arrogant attitude on the Dr. Phil interview?

Nobody said he isn't an arrogant prick. But that doesn't make him a murderer.

Well he did leave his hotel room just 4 hours after Brittanee went missing, if that's not suspicious then I don't know what is. And he lawyered up immediately after his return to Rochester.

Well he did leave his hotel room just 4 hours after Brittanee went missing, if that's not suspicious then I don't know what is. And he lawyered up immediately after his return to Rochester.

Let's say hypothetically that PB and friends have nothing to do with the BD's disappearance. PB is suddenly receiving calls from BD's mom asking her where she is because she's missing. PB knows she was there earlier, but has no idea what happened after that. PB is sketched out by the Mom suddenly blowing up his phone demanding answers for the whereabouts of her daughter. Answers he does not have. He realizes he was the last known person to see BD, and thinks about how bad this makes him and friends look and knows ppl will suspect them, even though they have no idea what happened. Being the selfish people they are, PB and his friends decide it would be best to just go home now since BD is missing, they don't know what happened to BD, yet they are POI's by circumstance.

That's a completely plausible scenario IMO.

Also, you cannot use hiring an attorney as a metric for whether somebody is guilty or not, so please stop bringing that up, especially considering the police said he cooperated with them. I've seen countless cases where guilty people will not hire an attorney to make it appear they have nothing to hide and they are cooperating. PB may have been advised by his parents to retain an attorney. I know my Dad would have told me to do so if I were in PB's shoes, and I sure as heck would hire one for my son if he were in PB's shoes.

The only reason I'm bringing up these two facts is because it's been talked about a lot as suspicious behavior. If I was an investigator, I would look into that with concern. Keep in mind that Brittanee could have been abducted by someone she knew, which is what I believe happened.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but haven't police basically cleared PB? Like said before, he was a POI due to circumstances. He's a self centered pompous jerk, but that isn't necessarily indicative of being a murderer.

Considering police have gone on record and spoke of other POI, it doesn't even seem like he is on their radar anymore.

I'm sure things like the hotel video surveillance and PBs phone pings were looked into and if police are looking elsewhere for suspects, he may have not even left the hotel until check out or his phone may have not pinged anywhere south of Myrtle Beach. Whatever the case is, police seemingly found him to be a dead end.

I don't know if he is still a person of interest. My understanding was that he was a strong interest at the beginning back in 2009 but that now police are looking into some of the locals. Either way, they have nothing on anybody without a body or any physical evidence.

If he had left by himself, I'd be concerned...but again he was with his friends. If something happened, it would have been all of them. Yet it seems he's the only one who gets blamed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason I'm bringing up these two facts is because it's been talked about a lot as suspicious behavior. If I was an investigator, I would look into that with concern. Keep in mind that Brittanee could have been abducted by someone she knew, which is what I believe happened.

Well, I will tell you and everybody else that brings it up that hiring a lawyer is not suspicious behavior because innocent and guilty people do it every day. Only way it's suspicious IMO is if they hire a lawyer and don't cooperate with LE, which is not the case here. Even then I would be weary to count it against them because some people have issues trusting LE based on experiences they or people they know have had in the past with LE.

He left at 2am because the mother of one of the other boys he traveled from NY with wanted them to come home sooner. Yes, he was not all remorse on the Dr. Phil show, but there is nothing tying Peter to her disappearance. Read back through the earlier threads here. So much has been discussed. If you have not already, watch The Secret Journey-Disappeared episode. It is Britt's story. Peter was never alone with her to anyone's knowledge the night she went missing. While she was in his room, the 4 other guys he traveled from NY with were all there. I do not like any of their behaviors, but I do not think any of them hurt her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul3398