Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed this one but who is ST?

I suppose it's a possibility too that her abductor(s) perhaps were staying in MB at the same time, maybe at a hotel or rental. There's no shortage of drugs in the area, so a more brazen abduction certainly wouldn't surprise me. I mean, she could have very well walked past a hotel they were staying at and it escalated from there. It seems more like an opportunity type situation rather than seeing her and stalking her, but you never know.

ST is Shaun Taylor. He was arrested in the 2010 attempted abduction of a young lady walking on Ocean Blvd very close to the Bluewater Resort. It was very close to where Britt was abducted. A blue work van pulled up and 2 African American males tried to pull the girl into the van. A 3rd man was in the van in the driver's seat. The girl was able to escape. She chose ST's photo out of a line up. A warrant was issued and ST turned himself in. Charges were later dropped though.

It it is due to this type of event that makes me suspect something like this happened to Britt. The 2010 attempted abduction was in broad daylight. No one really witnessed it. It would have been even easier at night as Britt walked back to her hotel. She was petite and perhaps very likely texting on her phone and not aware of any potential dangers.

A little more food for thought: ST and his family live in McClellanville, an area of interest. He has a brother who was a suspect in the Shannon McConaughey murder. This young lady was abducted from a Cracker Barrel in N Charleston and her body was later found in the Francis Marion forest. This forest is huge. It spans from the Santee area down through McClellanville and Awendaw.

For me personally, these are the things that give me chills. Whether it was ST or just people he knew, I feel as though this is direction to focus in. When MB LE announced they had persons of interest, they indicated that they were people that ran in the same circles as ST.

This all just my opinion. I base it off what I have read in earlier threads here and by looking up the news stories when this was all happening.

What you're saying makes sense. If Brittanee was abducted, there is a good chance that she wasn't their first or only victim. Sometimes criminals get caught because they are sloppy or they attempt another attack/abduction on another person. I know a lot of cases where that happened.

Hi guys,

ST was outright cleared in the attempted abduction of RM. It couldn't have been him, supposedly. I can't speak for his crew, but I am also not aware that he had any history of sexual deviance. He fit a vague profile and was the victim of mistaken identity in that instance.

Now, Jesse Matthew - the guy in jail for abducting and murdering Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham six hours away in VA - looked very similar to ST at that time, and was driving a taxi when Brittanee was abducted. He abducted MH days after authorities in SC announced that they were planning a new search for BD where they traced a ping 24 hours after her disappearance, and one of the first things he is alleged to have done is to dispose of her phone. The RM attempted abduction happened weeks after authorities in VA announced that they had DNA evidence in the MH case, and around the time that JM stopped driving a cab. MH bore a general resemblance to BD, HG bore a resemblance to RM (and to a lesser extent all four of them). I presume it has been looked into, but JM makes a viable suspect until it is told otherwise, despite having lived in VA.

I have followed this case over the years. I understand that there is reason to believe that PB and that crew are/were likely hiding something - as innocent as marijuana use or as guilty as having drugged Brittanee under the impression she wasn't about to leave their hotel room. But if one knew anything about her actual disappearance, they likely all would know, or have suspicion. In that event, it seems unlikely to me that all of them would have kept it so quiet over the years. Not to mention, I assume that they would have had limited time, limited opportunity, and a limited knowledge of that area. To my knowledge none of them have a history of similar crimes, and despite scrutiny there is no real evidence pointing to them. They left early while facing a long drive up I-95 - that doesn't mean anything. I stop short of feeling sorry for PB, but I also feel like he can probably be ruled out as a suspect.

Hi guys,

ST was outright cleared in the attempted abduction of RM. It couldn't have been him, supposedly. I can't speak for his crew, but I am also not aware that he had any history of sexual deviance. He fit a vague profile and was the victim of mistaken identity in that instance.

Now, Jesse Matthew - the guy in jail for abducting and murdering Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham six hours away in VA - looked very similar to ST at that time, and was driving a taxi when Brittanee was abducted. He abducted MH days after authorities in SC announced that they were planning a new search for BD where they traced a ping 24 hours after her disappearance, and one of the first things he is alleged to have done is to dispose of her phone. The RM attempted abduction happened weeks after authorities in VA announced that they had DNA evidence in the MH case, and around the time that JM stopped driving a cab. MH bore a general resemblance to BD, HG bore a resemblance to RM (and to a lesser extent all four of them). I presume it has been looked into, but JM makes a viable suspect until it is told otherwise, despite having lived in VA.

I have followed this case over the years. I understand that there is reason to believe that PB and that crew are/were likely hiding something - as innocent as marijuana use or as guilty as having drugged Brittanee under the impression she wasn't about to leave their hotel room. But if one knew anything about her actual disappearance, they likely all would know, or have suspicion. In that event, it seems unlikely to me that all of them would have kept it so quiet over the years. Not to mention, I assume that they would have had limited time, limited opportunity, and a limited knowledge of that area. To my knowledge none of them have a history of similar crimes, and despite scrutiny there is no real evidence pointing to them. They left early while facing a long drive up I-95 - that doesn't mean anything. I stop short of feeling sorry for PB, but I also feel like he can probably be ruled out as a suspect.

Yes, ST was cleared. I think it is the circle of acquaintances he knows that are more likely responsible- his brother was a suspect in Shannon McConaughey's murder.

JM has come up before. Just not sure he fits in with the local group. I still think it was 3-4 people from Georgetown/McClellanville.

We all have our theories and pretty much everything has been hashed out here and in previous threads. I'm really happy to see everyone still discussing Brittanee and keeping her case relevant. I still pop in from time to time but I don't add much because honestly I don't have much to add anymore. Please continue talking though...someone somewhere has the answer and we can't get to that answer without trying.

We all have our theories and pretty much everything has been hashed out here and in previous threads. I'm really happy to see everyone still discussing Brittanee and keeping her case relevant. I still pop in from time to time but I don't add much because honestly I don't have much to add anymore. Please continue talking though...someone somewhere has the answer and we can't get to that answer without trying.

Hi LLLindsayy, so glad to see you posting. Your posts are always relevant and thought provoking. I'm glad you still check on Britt.

I will ill be in McClellanville and Georgetown later today. Maybe I can print and post more fliers.

Hi LLLindsayy, so glad to see you posting. Your posts are always relevant and thought provoking. I'm glad you still check on Britt.

I will ill be in McClellanville and Georgetown later today. Maybe I can print and post more fliers.

Thank you! That means a lot to me. Brittanee holds a special place in my heart and she is never far from my mind. I hope that wherever she is, she is not suffering, and that one day she can make it home to her family.

If you have a moment maybe you (and anyone else reading) can watch the video I made for her after her one year anniversary. It's not professional by any means and I was only 20 when I made it (wow, I'm 27 now, yikes). The song in the background really is special for this case.

[video=youtube;Ixj2RZzsKTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixj2RZzsKTA[/video]

Thank you! That means a lot to me. Brittanee holds a special place in my heart and she is never far from my mind. I hope that wherever she is, she is not suffering, and that one day she can make it home to her family.

If you have a moment maybe you (and anyone else reading) can watch the video I made for her after her one year anniversary. It's not professional by any means and I was only 20 when I made it (wow, I'm 27 now, yikes). The song in the background really is special for this case.

[video=youtube;Ixj2RZzsKTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixj2RZzsKTA[/video]

Wonderful video, so relevant. I had chills yesterday passing through McClellanville. I think the answers are with somewhere there.

Did you know Brittanee personally? ^^

I did not know Brittanee, but from what I understand it would have been my honor. I have gotten the chance to speak with her mother as I interviewed her for an investigative journalism course I took in college. I remain connected to a couple of her family members on Facebook -- just for full disclosure, not that I think it's particularly relevant.

Wonderful video, so relevant. I had chills yesterday passing through McClellanville. I think the answers are with somewhere there.

I'm sure that I would too if I passed through that area. I don't think you're wrong.

I'm sure that I would too if I passed through that area. I don't think you're wrong.

From the information I have gathered, they still have their 3-4 persons of interest. I think about that as I pass through there and I see Pole Yard Way and the various roads searches were conducted on. Driving over the South and North Santee rivers.... She is out there and somewhere someone knows who is responsible for her disappearance. I don't usually stop in McClellanville, but I had to stop at a gas station there yesterday. I just have an eerie feeling when I'm there. The town itself has a very small population. I still think ST or people he knows might be those connected to this. I signed up on CUE's site to be a volunteer on their searches. They still go out looking for her. I want to be a part of that. We need resolution for this sweet girl and her family.

From the information I have gathered, they still have their 3-4 persons of interest. I think about that as I pass through there and I see Pole Yard Way and the various roads searches were conducted on. Driving over the South and North Santee rivers.... She is out there and somewhere someone knows who is responsible for her disappearance. I don't usually stop in McClellanville, but I had to stop at a gas station there yesterday. I just have an eerie feeling when I'm there. The town itself has a very small population. I still think ST or people he knows might be those connected to this. I signed up on CUE's site to be a volunteer on their searches. They still go out looking for her. I want to be a part of that. We need resolution for this sweet girl and her family.

Thanks for signing up to help search! I would too if I lived closer.

Your theories are very close to what I lean toward as well. After having had years to explore my thoughts on this case, I am of the opinion that the young people Brittanee traveled to SC with do not know *for sure* what happened to her. I would not put it past them to have met someone at a club or during another night out that they have a weird feeling about -- someone they are second guessing but either brushing it off as "nah, couldn't be" or not saying anything out of fear. They need to provide that information because whether what they know solves the crime or not, it's probably helpful.

That said, I think it's also very possible that they have no idea what happened to Brittanee and are just arrogant and careless. I mean the characteristic traits have already been proven.

We *do* know that Brittanee's phone traveled south of Myrtle Beach very quickly after she was known to have been abducted (I haven't and will not ever entertain the idea that she is a runaway). We *do not* know whether she was with her phone or not when it traveled south. IMO she was. IMO she was alive at the time. IMO the kids she traveled with would not have taken her there, so IMO she was with someone else.

I think it is highly likely that she got into the vehicle willingly. It is possible she recognized the person (had met them during the trip) and therefore trusted them. One new discovery that I have not had the chance the explore here much is the taxi theory (re: Morgan Harrington & Hannah Graham) since those cases were solved after I quit being such an active member here. I think it is an angle worth exploring, but that if it turns out to be true, she was probably coerced. In other words: if a taxi driver stopped and offered her a ride, I think she would have initially declined given the relatively short distance between the two hotels, but the driver may have then been very pushy and she gave in.

Much more frightening is the thought that she was forcefully abducted. Certain individuals have thought that if she veered off the main drag (along the beach?), an abduction would have been easier. True - it would of been. IMO, she probably didn't. She was very likely in a hurry because she wanted to keep JO's attitude at bay so I presume she would have taken the quickest most straight-forward route. She could have been forcefully abducted from the busy street as it happens all the time and I believe that this is the worst case scenario, but given the time that has passed, also a very viable possibility.

I think I'm just rambling at this point. Maybe it'll give a little more content for discussion though?

Thanks for signing up to help search! I would too if I lived closer.

Your theories are very close to what I lean toward as well. After having had years to explore my thoughts on this case, I am of the opinion that the young people Brittanee traveled to SC with do not know *for sure* what happened to her. I would not put it past them to have met someone at a club or during another night out that they have a weird feeling about -- someone they are second guessing but either brushing it off as "nah, couldn't be" or not saying anything out of fear. They need to provide that information because whether what they know solves the crime or not, it's probably helpful.

That said, I think it's also very possible that they have no idea what happened to Brittanee and are just arrogant and careless. I mean the characteristic traits have already been proven.

We *do* know that Brittanee's phone traveled south of Myrtle Beach very quickly after she was known to have been abducted (I haven't and will not ever entertain the idea that she is a runaway). We *do not* know whether she was with her phone or not when it traveled south. IMO she was. IMO she was alive at the time. IMO the kids she traveled with would not have taken her there, so IMO she was with someone else.

I think it is highly likely that she got into the vehicle willingly. It is possible she recognized the person (had met them during the trip) and therefore trusted them. One new discovery that I have not had the chance the explore here much is the taxi theory (re: Morgan Harrington & Hannah Graham) since those cases were solved after I quit being such an active member here. I think it is an angle worth exploring, but that if it turns out to be true, she was probably coerced. In other words: if a taxi driver stopped and offered her a ride, I think she would have initially declined given the relatively short distance between the two hotels, but the driver may have then been very pushy and she gave in.

Much more frightening is the thought that she was forcefully abducted. Certain individuals have thought that if she veered off the main drag (along the beach?), an abduction would have been easier. True - it would of been. IMO, she probably didn't. She was very likely in a hurry because she wanted to keep JO's attitude at bay so I presume she would have taken the quickest most straight-forward route. She could have been forcefully abducted from the busy street as it happens all the time and I believe that this is the worst case scenario, but given the time that has passed, also a very viable possibility.

I think I'm just rambling at this point. Maybe it'll give a little more content for discussion though?

Your thoughts are always well organized. You have a lot of valid points. I am glad you've been posting. You've been here since she went missing ��. Please continue to check in. I really do value it. I'm hoping to go on some searches and I will need some moral support when I do.

Your thoughts are always well organized. You have a lot of valid points. I am glad you've been posting. You've been here since she went missing ��. Please continue to check in. I really do value it. I'm hoping to go on some searches and I will need some moral support when I do.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say we will all support your search effort. I know her family and friends do too.

:gthanks:

I hope it is something I get to do soon. I want answers for Britt. A new search would at least make feel like we are doing something to find her.

There's an update on Britt. Here's a link...http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32132...urt-wednesday?clienttype=generic&sf27851167=1

"Special Agent in Charge David A. Thomas with the FBI will be joined by Myrtle Beach Police Chief Warren Gall, Charleston County Sheriff J. Al Cannon, Jr., Berkeley County Sheriff S. Duane Lewis, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel, and United States Attorney Bill Nettles at the McClellanville Magistrate’s Court at 1 p.m. on Wednesday to discuss developments in the case, according to an FBI news release. WMBF News is working to learn more about these case developments."

That's some heavy hitters.

I came here to post, but you're faster than I am.

There's an update on Britt. Here's a link...http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32132...urt-wednesday?clienttype=generic&sf27851167=1

"Special Agent in Charge David A. Thomas with the FBI will be joined by Myrtle Beach Police Chief Warren Gall, Charleston County Sheriff J. Al Cannon, Jr., Berkeley County Sheriff S. Duane Lewis, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel, and United States Attorney Bill Nettles at the McClellanville Magistrate’s Court at 1 p.m. on Wednesday to discuss developments in the case, according to an FBI news release. WMBF News is working to learn more about these case developments."

That's some heavy hitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member