Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrongful death suit?

That came to mind, but seems extremely premature at this point in time. The other thing that came to mind was to defend against defamation suits that might arise from people she pointed the finger at in the past.

From the information I have gathered, they still have their 3-4 persons of interest. I think about that as I pass through there and I see Pole Yard Way and the various roads searches were conducted on. Driving over the South and North Santee rivers.... She is out there and somewhere someone knows who is responsible for her disappearance. I don't usually stop in McClellanville, but I had to stop at a gas station there yesterday. I just have an eerie feeling when I'm there. The town itself has a very small population. I still think ST or people he knows might be those connected to this. I signed up on CUE's site to be a volunteer on their searches. They still go out looking for her. I want to be a part of that. We need resolution for this sweet girl and her family.
I worked for many years in Charleston and made the trip countless times from my home in Wilmington, NC. I always stop at the gas station in Mcclellanville, SC and I too think about Brittanee.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...drexel-missing-girl-news-conference/85352350/

This article has a copy of the actual media advisory from the FBI, Columbia Division (special agent in charge, David Thomas). I'm not even sure that I was aware of the FBI's involvement in this case.

I mean, like someone else mentioned earlier... these are some pretty important folks that will be present at this news update---the MB chief of police, the Charleston county sheriff, the Berkley county sheriff, the chief of SLED, and South Carolina's AG Bill Nettles.

What type of an update would explain why all of these LE department heads need to be there?
Scared!

Per @News_8's Twitter:

News 8 - WROC-TV ‏@News_8
JUST IN: Brad Conway, former attorney for Casey Anthony's parents, confirms he has been retained by Brittanee Drexel's mother.

[video=twitter;738843891906945025]https://twitter.com/News_8/status/738843891906945025[/video]

I thought I recognized that name... saddens me that after all these years, her parents have to wait while the cops, obviously, have some sort of information.. It's not like they are suspects.

Per @News_8's Twitter:

News 8 - WROC-TV ‏@News_8
JUST IN: Brad Conway, former attorney for Casey Anthony's parents, confirms he has been retained by Brittanee Drexel's mother.

[video=twitter;738843891906945025]https://twitter.com/News_8/status/738843891906945025[/video]

My bro is a licensed attorney (although he no longer practices law---he switched gears and is a preacher now of all things, LOL---but keeps up with the required coursework and whatnot to maintain his license). Anyway, I digress.

Before he accepted the job w/ his church, he worked as an attorney in a grant funded position under AG Nettles for 3-4 years (mostly appellate court stuff). I just sent him a message on FB & asked him what he thought the AG's presence at the news update next week might indicate. I'm anxiously awaiting to hear his thoughts about this!

There's an update on Britt. Here's a link...http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32132...urt-wednesday?clienttype=generic&sf27851167=1

"Special Agent in Charge David A. Thomas with the FBI will be joined by Myrtle Beach Police Chief Warren Gall, Charleston County Sheriff J. Al Cannon, Jr., Berkeley County Sheriff S. Duane Lewis, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel, and United States Attorney Bill Nettles at the McClellanville Magistrate’s Court at 1 p.m. on Wednesday to discuss developments in the case, according to an FBI news release. WMBF News is working to learn more about these case developments."

That's some heavy hitters.

Wednesday? We have to wait until WEDNESDAY????

It will be interesting if there is actually an update on June 8, or if they're basically planning to say we got nothin'.

It will be interesting if there is actually an update on June 8, or if they're basically planning to say we got nothin'.

I don't think they'd be calling in all those high-ranking people if that's all they were going to say.

I don't think they would wait 5 days just to say they had nothing. With all the "heavy hitters" attending the press conference, I have a feeling they are going to say something to the effect that they have enough evidence to take to a grand jury in an attempt to get an indictment. MOO

The wording on that announcement says the FBI is taking the lead. I guess I assumed the FBI was involved at some level due to the possibility of kidnapping, but with the US attorney present as well it sounds like there must be federal as well as state charges involved.

Steph Watt's FB page mentions that there is big news to be revealed and that her family has not been informed yet, but will be on Tuesday.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Timothy Shaun Taylor of McClellanville ? http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_f8b4caa8-2a03-5a98-9094-91584dd37f64.html

I think the two abductions are potentially related, but I don't think Timothy Shaun Taylor had anything to do with either of them. He was cleared of the botched kidnapping case by surveillance video. I do wonder if his brother was involved though, seeing as how TST was falsely picked out of a lineup and his brother RST was a prime suspect in an abduction/murder of a 19 year old female in 2001. The victim might have misidentified TST because RST one of the abductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelanteCO