Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a US Attorney be attending the presser?

"Special Agent in Charge David A. Thomas, FBI; Chief Warren Gall, Myrtle Beach Police Department; Sheriff J. Al Cannon Jr., Charleston County; Sheriff S. Duane Lewis, Berkeley County; Chief Mark Keel, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division; and U.S. Attorney Bill Nettles will be attending the press conference." http://www.southstrandnews.com/20160603/160609935/fbi-to-hold-press-conference-about-disappearance-of-brittanee-drexel

US attorneys prosecute federal cases, so there must be one or more federal charges coming against somebody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

US attorneys prosecute federal cases, so there must be one or more federal charges coming against somebody.

Thanks. I was just researching that. Very interesting. This is pretty major, imo. I noticed that Georgetown County isn't represented, I'm pretty sure that is where her phone was found several years ago and also where SO Ray Moody lives, so he's most likely not involved.

Just had a thought. I wonder if somebody (no idea who) confessed, and the delay is to give them time to take LE to her remains?

My brother (who used to work under AG Nettles) finally replied to my message asking him what he thought the AG's presence might mean. This is what he said:

Your guess is probably as good as mine. We can probably rule out some things, though. I doubt they have made an arrest in the case. I think we would know about that right away. I also doubt that they have identified a subject who remains at large. No need to wait until next Wed to say that. They would either issue a public advisory to help them find the person, or they would keep it quiet until they located him.

My guess is that they found remains, and they are officially opening a joint state/federal homicide investigation.

It wouldn't be unusual for family of the victim to have their own representation.

ETA:
A more remote possibility would be that the girl has been found alive, and the police wanted things to be kept on the down low until everything was sorted out between her and her family. Again, it would probably not be a criminal situation where anyone has been arrested or identified yet. Maybe a voluntary runaway scenario. The law enforcement agencies involved would come together to pat everyone's back on finding her.

If that was the case, however, I would expect word to have leaked out that she has been found alive.

No reason for the family to keep that quiet until a news conference. If your kid had been found okay, you would let people know.

Odds are, they found her remains.

I'm pleased there appears to be a big development in Brittanee's case it's been way too long. Her family are in my prayers. Many thanks to all of you for your dedication to Brittanee's case since day one. It will be interesting to see what happens on Wednesday at the press conference with all of you.

http://wpde.com/news/crime/arrest-made-in-botched-boulevard-abduction

The brother was arrested for the murder of a St. Stephen's girl, but later released for lack of evidence. St. Stephens is in Berkeley County. Investigators from Horry, Berkeley, Charleston County along with FBI will be at the press conference. I think there's been a break in the case and those involved are already incarcerated. JMO

http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_f8b4caa8-2a03-5a98-9094-91584dd37f64.html
Charges dropped against Timothy Shaun Taylor in this case.

Thanks. I was just researching that. Very interesting. This is pretty major, imo. I noticed that Georgetown County isn't represented, I'm pretty sure that is where her phone was found several years ago and also where SO Ray Moody lives, so he's most likely not involved.

Pretty sure her phone was never found, it just pinged last in the Georgetown area.

Can I post a link to a new blog post from an investigative reporter? He also has a facebook page dedicated to finding BD.

My brother (who used to work under AG Nettles) finally replied to my message asking him what he thought the AG's presence might mean. This is what he said:

Your guess is probably as good as mine. We can probably rule out some things, though. I doubt they have made an arrest in the case. I think we would know about that right away. I also doubt that they have identified a subject who remains at large. No need to wait until next Wed to say that. They would either issue a public advisory to help them find the person, or they would keep it quiet until they located him.

My guess is that they found remains, and they are officially opening a joint state/federal homicide investigation.

It wouldn't be unusual for family of the victim to have their own representation.

ETA:
A more remote possibility would be that the girl has been found alive, and the police wanted things to be kept on the down low until everything was sorted out between her and her family. Again, it would probably not be a criminal situation where anyone has been arrested or identified yet. Maybe a voluntary runaway scenario. The law enforcement agencies involved would come together to pat everyone's back on finding her.

If that was the case, however, I would expect word to have leaked out that she has been found alive.

No reason for the family to keep that quiet until a news conference. If your kid had been found okay, you would let people know.

Odds are, they found her remains.

Thank you for seeking out this information. Answers are needed in this case as to whether Brittanee is still with us or not. All of that said, I do not believe Brittanee has been found. I think we would be looking at a different order of events if that was the case. I also think her parents would have been made aware of that. Discussing this case with you guys and with family has made me consider more strongly that perhaps they have big news to share but I don't think it will be that the case has been solved.

This thing on Wednesday seems big IMO. LE have clearly let the parents believe something of real importance will be announced, one would think this is why Mrs Drexel has secured an attorney and is directing outside queries to him (when up to this point Mrs Drexel was happy talking to the media).

I often think about Brittanee and always found the sudden drop in real time communication with her boyfriend a profound red flag. Hoping for some kind of justice and some kind of closure for the family.

Drexel, who was 17 at the time, was last seen by her friends on April 25, 2009, when leaving the Blue Water Hotel on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach. She had come to the Grand Strand for spring break with friends — who her family said have never helped in her search — from her hometown in Rochester, N.Y., and she did so without the consent of her parents.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article81759072.html#storylink=cpy

I've always found it really bizarre that her "friends" never helped with any searches. Even if they were bickering over clothing (or some other petty reason that HS aged girls tend to argue about) at the time, a normal person would rush in to help find their friend by any means necessary.

The story goes that one of her friend’s mother told them to all immediately get back to Rochester after she learned that Brittanee went missing. Still, I have always personally felt that her friends may know more than they are saying or at least may have information that could be vital to this case. Either way, they all did a fantastic job of putting the public’s suspicions on them.

I think there's a great deal about how Brittanee wound up on the trip and what happened on the trip that we haven't heard but that LE knows.

I suspect that the "story" that we've heard has a lot more to it.

All we really know at this point about her trip is that it started off well but then she ended up hating being with the people she was with because they were doing drugs and partying too much while ostracizing her because she wasn't into that stuff as much as them.

If you're refering to what I just posted about her friend's mother telling them to head back to Rochester immediately and them leaving their hotel rooms abruptly at 2 A.M., I've ALWAYS thought that was VERY suspicious and I've said it numerous times on this thread. The fact that to our knowledge none of her "friends" have been entirely forthcoming with the police is especially telling and leads me to believe that they have information that could be important to this case.

All we really know at this point about her trip is that it started off well but then she ended up hating being with the people she was with because they were doing drugs and partying too much while ostracizing her because she wasn't into that stuff as much as them.

If you're refering to what I just posted about her friend's mother telling them to head back to Rochester immediately and them leaving their hotel rooms abruptly at 2 A.M., I've ALWAYS thought that was VERY suspicious and I've said it numerous times on this thread. The fact that to our knowledge none of her "friends" have been entirely forthcoming with the police is especially telling and leads me to believe that they have information that could be important to this case.

I wasn't specifically referring to your post. It was more a general statement about the situation. I guess the connecting thought in my head was that there are a lot of things we don't know that could be coming out in Wednesday's announcements.

This big press conference a week out has me tearing my hair out. I can't reference another case I have followed that this has happened. I am speculating that they are going to possibly announce a change in the direction of this case from a missing person to a homicide investigation but maybe not give a lot of details why (ex. Haleigh Cummings) , but let people speculate someone is talking and maybe they are? The teens that went on this trip are 7 years older now and hopefully smarter, more educated, and full adults now, hopefully understanding about being a good citizen. I wouldn't be surprised if they tie a few cases together and "name" a few POIs also adding that everyone is going to be re-interviewed in this case. If there are other cases that are now officially tied together, someone on the peripheral may come forward if they thought what happened to Brittanee was an a party gone-wrong or however they may have justified it in their own mind for staying silent. Just some thoughts I have been thinking over and over due to the long wait for the presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic