Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that it's being held in McClellansville worries me. That's not too far from the area where her cell phone last pinged or the location of that hotel they searched.

I've always feared the sex offender/POI who was staying at that hotel (meaning the hotel they obtained a search warrant for) had something to do with her disappearance. I hope I'm wrong.

mlatta it's so good to see you again. I love seeing familiar names -- I feel like I have a home here! I'm glad you're still keeping up with Britt.

I find it odd that they are announcing a press conference so far in advance. My hunches tell me that they are simply going to give updates on where they stand in the case and that there aren't any truly groundbreaking developments. IMO, if the info was pressing then we would be having a much quicker PC.

Don't get me wrong though! This is an important move to keep her case at the forefront of minds and also probably a reminder to Myrtle Beach tourists now that it is after Memorial Day to be safe in their travels.

I could be wrong. As always, MOO.

This sounds promising!

Sidenote: Do announcements about announcements drive anybody else crazy? I understand their purpose, I just hate the waiting!

This sounds promising!

Sidenote: Do announcements about announcements drive anybody else crazy? I understand their purpose, I just hate the waiting!

Yes, it drives me crazy too. It sounds so far away.

This sounds promising!

Me!! You're doing better than me because I don't even understand the purpose!
:)

Me!! You're doing better than me because I don't even understand the purpose!
:)
This is all assumption but I figured the purpose was to get the word out to the media so they can be there for the PC. It's not a press conference if the press aren't present, right? Also if they are going to ask for help from the public in the PC it will garner more attention if they give a heads up about it. That being said, I don't think they should announce it any more than 48 hours away.

I pulled out a windbreaker to wear during a ride in a recent cold front in north GA. Noticed a missing person button pinned to the jacket pocket. It was a missing Brittanee Drexel button.... Hopefully this was an omen that justice for her and her family are near...

I came running when I saw the notice of a PC!!! I really don't remember there being anything about Berkeley County in relation to Brittanee. Anybody?

There's an update on Britt. Here's a link...http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32132...urt-wednesday?clienttype=generic&sf27851167=1

"Special Agent in Charge David A. Thomas with the FBI will be joined by Myrtle Beach Police Chief Warren Gall, Charleston County Sheriff J. Al Cannon, Jr., Berkeley County Sheriff S. Duane Lewis, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel, and United States Attorney Bill Nettles at the McClellanville Magistrate’s Court at 1 p.m. on Wednesday to discuss developments in the case, according to an FBI news release. WMBF News is working to learn more about these case developments."

That's some heavy hitters.

I came running when I saw the notice of a PC!!! I really don't remember there being anything about Berkeley County in relation to Brittanee. Anybody?

I know and have wondered the same thing. The counties connect, not sure if that's the reason or possibly they have discovered something in Berkeley.

mlatta it's so good to see you again. I love seeing familiar names -- I feel like I have a home here! I'm glad you're still keeping up with Britt.

It's been too long .. happy to see you too ^_^ I may attend that PC in McClellanville if I can sneak out of work.

Also I see some folks questioning "Why Berkeley county?" I don't have an answer for that, however, as a Berkeley County resident, I can say with certainty, that we have a new sheriff here, and he's been cleaning up the mess left by our last sheriff. I really like this new guy.

Rochester news story. Dawn Drexel won't speak to media and hired attorney out of Orlando Florida. The perp or someone has a Florida connection.

http://www.whec.com/news/fbi-latest-developments-brittanee-drexel-case/4159070/?cat=565

"We reached out to both of Brittanee's parents. Her father told us he will be at the press conference on Wednesday, but has been asked by the FBI not to talk with the media until then. Brittanee's mother told us that she has retained an attorney based in Orlando, Florida and directed us to call him. We left several messages and have yet to hear back."

I find it odd that they are announcing a press conference so far in advance. My hunches tell me that they are simply going to give updates on where they stand in the case and that there aren't any truly groundbreaking developments. IMO, if the info was pressing then we would be having a much quicker PC.

Don't get me wrong though! This is an important move to keep her case at the forefront of minds and also probably a reminder to Myrtle Beach tourists now that it is after Memorial Day to be safe in their travels.

I could be wrong. As always, MOO.

With Dawn hiring an attorney I think their arresting someone. JMO

Weren't there remains relatively recently found in Berkeley county? Seems like I saw it related to the Heather Elvis case but cannot remember if they were ever identified and cant find it. Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber