Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the press conference to be very powerful and likely (hopefully) a calculated move by the FBI!

It was entirely painful to watch and feel Britt's parents pain. I wish I could do more than pray for them!

Dawn definitely emphasized the words 'brutal' and 'they'.

Justice can't come too soon.

I missed the press conference, so I'm catching up on here and reading online.

Did they ever find her cellphone, or did thet just locate where it pinged?

And why was it still pinging if she was abducted against her will? Wouldn't the abductor disable that right away to avoid leaving a trail? Maybe she went of her own volition initially and then it turned at some point, hence the FBI saying they think she was held against her will for maybe part of the time, as opposed to the entire time.

I am so confused. They stated that she 'travelled' to McC vs. 'was taken' and that she 'may' have been held against her will for a portion of the time?? I just cannot fathom a scenario where she would go with anyone for any reason. Dont see it.

This makes me so sick. I hope they get some more answers soon, but this is big.

Poor brittanee. My heart hurts so bad for her parents. I can't imagine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am so confused. They stated that she 'travelled' to McC vs. 'was taken' and that she 'may' have been held against her will for a portion of the time?? I just cannot fathom a scenario where she would go with anyone for any reason. Dont see it.

Maybe at first it was a voluntary hook up before leaving spring break. But maybe whomever used a date rape drug half way through the night.

I truly don't know. I just hope she wasn't awake during the plausible disgusting part of the ordeal.

Another reason I don't think it's RMoody, Georgetown County wasn't included at the presser.

So we know she is dead and we know several people were involved. Is there anything new besides the fact that she may have been alive for a few days and kept in a basement? I don't think so.

WOW.So they must have something that leads them to believe the new information from the PC. I don't think IMO LE just makes up a scenario to release to the public unless they have something to base it on. I really hope answers come for DD and all of the people who love BD.

I think this Shaun Taylor guy and his friends or "peeps" are certainly of interest. I am not far from MB and have followed her case for years. I hope that Brittanee and Heather Elvis are both given a proper funeral and their parents can have closure, if there is a certain thing when this happens to your child, one day. :(

JMO

After hearing part of the press conference (problems with sound on laptop), I am so angry I can't even think right now. I feel so bad for her parents and loved ones.

My first thought was that the "words" spoken were carefully crafted. It does appear that they do know much, much more than they can put out there right now. I'm thinking that someone in jail is spilling their guts out to try and make a deal for themselves and the FBI need to confirm his story. It's obvious to me that at least part of the story has been corroborated because surely Brittanee's parents would not be told that she was brutally murdered if it was just a jailhouse story. I've always been suspicious of the brothers, who IIRC lived in a very tight knit community, family goes back for decades in the area. These people would not, IMO, rat the murderers out, so it must be someone outside of the brother's family who is trying to make a deal for himself.

I pray that LE is just trying to tie up loose ends before they arrest the monsters responsible.

So we know she is dead and we know several people were involved. Is there anything new besides the fact that she may have been alive for a few days and kept in a basement? I don't think so.

Basement?

Perhaps they (the group of guys she was with) now feel vindicated since it is widely known that they left the area the same night/next morning after she disappeared. The girls she was with should just feel an enormous amount of empathy for the family. And guilt. A lot of guilt.

This latest news must be devastating to the family. I am thinking of them and my heart goes out.

JMO

Agree. This case is a good one to show our youths.

Because they think that their friends are not that bad. But us parents know that some friends are not friends at all.

So these friends may be innocent. But they are definitely guilty for not being true friends while all are states away on a Spring break trip. Jmo.

I bet they blame Britney to relieve their own minds of leaving a friend behind. Jmo.

Btw. I can understand why a friend would lie to a parent while their friend has snuck off to a local party.

But lie to a parent whoms child actually went states away to a spring break event at the age of 18 or whatever.

Come on.

IMO they worded it this way because they don't know the circumstances of how Brittanee arrived in McC. If there were multiple perps involved in the abduction, it would be easy to snatch her off of Ocean Blvd. Drive slowly past in a van or mini-van with the sliding door open, and the passenger could grab her by the arm and pull her right in. The sidewalk is not very wide there and BD would have been walking with her back to traffic going North. A vehicle would have come up behind her. Attached is a daytime picture. The BWR area is not in the busy section of Ocean Blvd. Even in the daytime, this picture from Google maps shows no one on the sidewalk.
Capture.PNG

DD went to Myrtle Beach the very day after Brittanee vanished. In fact, IIRC, she left within hours of hearing the news. She must have arrived there while Brittanee was still alive an hour away. How long did it take LE to pull her cell phone records and determine where her phone was pinging from? How long did it take them to begin searching that area?

How do they know Brittanee was held for several days if not for people actually seeing her alive days after her disappearance? Time stamps on video/photos on personal or surveillance? If Brittanee was alive for several days then they had time to find her! Were they in/around McClellanville immediately? Her phone pinged there just a couple hours later so they needed to be there looking right away.

Just my frustration speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member