Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Horry county wildfire started April 22nd, several areas evacuated and many people from Highway 90 and Barefoot Landing were not able to return home. I personally remember not being able to go home that night, staying at my moms (with a new tiny baby) in Longs and the entire neighborhood being evacuated in the middle of the night. By Friday the 24th we ended up at hotel around 70/80th Ave North in Myrtle Beach. They gave us free rooms and allowed pets to stay. Brittany was taken Saturday April 25th. I wonder if others were placed in a resort near where she went missing? I wonder if any of those people saw something but didn't put the pieces together because their own life was in a state of chaos.

We had firefighters and utility workers in from other areas helping put out the fires, fixing utilities, and assisting in many ways. We had insurance adjusters in town also assisting. We had contractors coming out of the woodwork trying to get people to bid the restoration work / rebuilding of many homes. What if we had a pyro that came in with any of those groups or just came to watch in general. After the big fires were done and things settled down they might have grabbed her on their way back home. Home to McClelinville. Or perhaps home to somewhere else but McCl. was the location of old family land that was vacant that they could spend a few days at without many noticing.

Did she travel to the Georgetown area when she left the hotel? Did someone lure her that direction or was she kidnapped in Myrtle B and taken there?

I think they may have found the location where she was held. Maybe an abandoned shack, garage, barn, boathouse.... These aren't people that you mess around with for $25000. Reward needs to double at least.

Just about anyone could be a perp and go unnoticed even if they are a stranger, given this was considered a resort area where strangers are in and out all the time.

What's weird is the presser now giving information that is more than just generic. In missing person cases that are years old people often presume the person is dead so if all they were saying is she is dead, that would not be very specific to her case. It could be a reasonable assumption.

But, it sounds like her family has been given info about her death in that it took days to happen after she was held against her will, and that her murder was brutal with more than one person involved. This is not generic info that we hear in case after case. This is very specific stuff and the authorities would probably not have just spouted this without first verifying it.

Who gave them info? When? How do the informers know the info? How did the FBI verify what info they received? In most cases info received is not all reliable and they work to weed the truth from the lies. So how did they determine that what was reported in the presser is true?

I am thinking that with such specific info having been verified to be true and thus announced to the public, the FBI knows what went down, how, and maybe even who was involved...but they do not have sufficient evidence to bring charges. Hence the presser...they are looking for help in tying up loose ends.

JMO.

And is the only way to be CERTAIN that someone is dead to find at least partial remains? Or maybe photo/video evidence?

If this happened in McClellanville you can bet A LOT of people know something. Not much to do there except talk about what everyone else is doing or what they did in the past. There are few secrets in that town, LOL. I hope this jiggles more than a few memories..

http://wpde.com/news/crime/arrest-made-in-botched-boulevard-abduction I think this story will remind everyone about another suspect other than Moody.

http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_f8b4caa8-2a03-5a98-9094-91584dd37f64.html

The solicitor’s office said although at the time there was sufficient reason to serve Taylor with arrest warrants, a further investigation by the Myrtle Beach police department after Taylor’s arrest showed he was elsewhere during the time of the attempted kidnapping.

The solicitor’s office said police were able to confirm Taylor’s whereabouts on the day of the incident on businesses’ video surveillance.

Godspeed Brittanee :angel:
You did not deserve what happened to you and I pray for your justice.
My condolences to her family, loved ones and friends. I am so sorry Dawn, I wish I could take away all this pain, sorrow and hurt you have endured for the past 7 years
and I pray you find comfort and peace...
:rose::rose::rose:

Sleuths, let us gather together for a great big group hug for Brittanee, her mum Dawn and family. (((((((
:grouphug:)))))))

Yes, but there are several others mentioned in this article. "In February 2001, Shaun Taylor's brother, Randall Keith Taylor, was one of five men arrested and charged in connection to the death of a missing 19-year-old from St. Stephen, SC." The locals around here know this group to be very bad.

IMO, one of two things is true.

Either:
a. They have found the location which they believe Brittanee was held in
b. They have eyewitnesses that place Brittanee alive in McClellanville in the days following her disappearance

I have not listened to the presser but I've read all your posts.

I am leaning toward option A and I am also going to speculate that they have recovered evidence that Brittanee was killed in a brutal manner (i.e. a large amount of blood) nearby where they believe she was held captive. It sounds like they said in the presser that Brittanee was killed nearby to where the conference was held. Please, can someone map location of the conference in relation to cell phone pings, the home of the T's, and the block of Corner Loop that was searched with cadaver dogs?

My thoughts are with all of those who knew Brittanee. I never did but I feel like I did. I am very upset with this news but primarily I am very concerned that she was held for several days. Someone spoke to the authorities but their words alone are not enough to arrest someone on -- they need an unaffiliated eyewitness to place Brittanee with the POI(s).

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20100730/PC1602/307309950

Note that FIVE people were arrested for Shannon's murder.

McConaughey, of St. Stephen, was last seen Jan. 29, 1998, leaving the Cracker Barrel restaurant in North Charleston after eating with friends in her Amway sales group. Her car was found abandoned and burned two weeks later in woods near McClellanville. Her body was found on March 6 of that year.

Godspeed Brittanee :angel:
You did not deserve what happened to you and I pray for your justice.
My condolences to her family, loved ones and friends. I am so sorry Dawn, I wish I could take away all this pain, sorrow and hurt you have endured for the past 7 years
and I pray you find comfort and peace...
:rose::rose::rose:

Sleuths, let us gather together for a great big group hug for Brittanee, her mum Dawn and family. (((((((
:grouphug:)))))))

Lovely post thank you.

Brittanee and her family are in my prayers tonight.

I wonder how the group she was with and fell out with Brittanee feel about hearing this news today.

Brittanee is deceased. FBI has known this for some time but only told the family yesterday.
Brittanee was in the McClellanville area for several days.
Held against her will.
Brittanee may have been moved out of the area.

This is a lot of detail. I bet this is strategic. Announce the presser on Friday and watch the perps and see how they act, that's a long time for a guilty person to not know what LE knows and to worry about the Wednesday announcement. I don't think this is Ray Moody. I think it's local McClellanville people and the locals know it too. Reward needs to be increased! I just wonder how long LE has known and held this info. So sad for the Drexel's. All these years and it comes down to this.

Lovely post thank you.

I wonder how the group she was with and fell out with Brittanee feel about hearing this news today.

Perhaps they (the group of guys she was with) now feel vindicated since it is widely known that they left the area the same night/next morning after she disappeared. The girls she was with should just feel an enormous amount of empathy for the family. And guilt. A lot of guilt.

This latest news must be devastating to the family. I am thinking of them and my heart goes out.

JMO

MCCLELLANVILLE, SC (WMBF) – An official with the FBI announced that it is believed Brittanee Drexel was killed after traveling to the McClellanville area from Myrtle Beach in April 2009.
That information was released during a Wednesday press conference regarding the investigation into the 2009 disappearance of Drexel.
FBI official David Thomas announced that a $25,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of those who killed Drexel.
Thomas said the investigation has revealed that Drexel was in the McClellanville area for several days, and may have been held against her will for a portion of it.
"Brittanee's life was stolen from her in a brutal and senseless fashion," said Dawn Drexel, Brittanee Drexel's mother.
She was one of several family members present for the press conference.
Drexel disappeared from Ocean Boulevard on April 25, 2009. She was 17 years old when she traveled to Myrtle Beach from New York for spring break.
WMBF News will have complete coverage of today’s developments throughout our newscasts.
Explore stories, a timeline and more related to the Brittanee Drexel case here.
Copyright 2016 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

BBM, what does this mean "may have been held against her will for a portion of it". Are they thinking that she went with someone willingly? That's a really strange statement. I would think that she was held against her will the entire time, not may have been held.

Not necessarily. If she went willingly with somebody (like thinking she was going out for pizza, just to make up an example) and then wasn't allowed to leave. Maybe the first night was a runaround ("I'm too drunk to drive" for example?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. If she went willingly with somebody (like thinking she was going out for pizza, just to make up an example) and then wasn't allowed to leave. Maybe the first night was a runaround ("I'm too drunk to drive" for example?)

I don't think so, the reason I say this she didn't use her phone, if she were with someone willingly why did she stop answering calls, texting, etc...

Lovely post thank you.

Thank you, gregjrichards.
✌️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads