Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
possible, but more likely dropped deep in the National Forest or buried in the back yard under the cover of darkness. She did not go out in a shrimp boat, no how, no way

We drove through SC on our way to Georgia a year ago, and my aunt actually asked as we were going through those heavily wooded areas "How many dead bodies do you think are buried in there?"

Until you see it it's hard to grasp just how thick the forests are there.

"There's a sense of closure," he said. "We are only able to say so much because we are close to getting that someone to say one more thing. That's all we need."

http://13wham.com/news/top-stories/new-details-emerge-in-brittanee-drexel-case

"There's a lot more to disclose than we can say," Mr. Drexel told 13WHAM.

"Mr. Drexel said investigators believe people came into contact with Brittanee while she was here - people who may be hiding something, or people who did not even realize what they saw."

I really hope she wasn't being trafficked prior to her death. That might be a reason people aren't coming forward (they would have to admit they were paying for sex) or why they might not realize what they saw (or realized it was her). It makes me absolutely sick to even consider.

We drove through SC on our way to Georgia a year ago, and my aunt actually asked as we were going through those heavily wooded areas "How many dead bodies do you think are buried in there?"

Until you see it it's hard to grasp just how thick the forests are there.

This is very true and why it seems so unlikely that she will ever be found. :(

Rivers and streams weave in and out of the woods, and there are also thousands of swamps in these areas---which are prime feeding grounds for alligators.

Just to give you some perspective, here's a video that was posted on YouTube after the big flood this past October. It was filmed in the Charleston area and you can clearly see the number of alligators in these waters.

[video=youtu;NtuJqxGZU_g]http://youtu.be/NtuJqxGZU_g[/video]

So would any insights/clues come from looking up arrest records for McClellanville for the past several months? Can't be that long of a list with such a small population.

Just wanted to say I've been following Britt's story from the beginning and it is unfortunate that the FBI had to inform us what we have been fearing and wanting to avoid all along. I am from Mississippi and how this case is being handled reminds me of the Jessica Chambers case. The fbi released many statements before arresting her alleged killer basically stating they knew the circumstances of how she was killed but I'm assuming they didn't have quite the solid evidence they needed to make an actual arrest. With that being said, I think they have persons of interest in THIS case. I think they released this information to cause chatter among the people in that tiny town which will hopefully lead to an arrest or multiple arrests eventually.

This is such a sad situation for her poor mom who has tried remaining optimistic the whole entire time! I am a few years older than Brittanee and I almost got abducted from a mall when I was around her age. For this reason, I have absolutely been fascinated with missing person cases. What's sad is younger generations are naive and we don't realize how easily someone can abduct us and how CRAZY some people in this world are.

Inevitably, I think there will be an arrest soon enough in this case... Great sleuthing everyone! I rarely comment but I sure do enjoy reading everyone's input on these missing person stories!

http://www.whec.com/news/fbi-believes-brittanee-drexel-was-killed/4163641/?cat=565

From this press conference link in the article underneath...
"For the first time in seven years, investigators say her last known sighting was not the Bluewater Resort Hotel in Myrtle Beach -- where the Chili teen was staying -- but rather she was last seen in McClellanville."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was wondering if that was one of the reasons the parents retained an attorney. Because IIRC, they had been kind of accusatory towards some of the friends that had left the Bluewater Resort. Maybe they were afraid of being sued by those families when this info came out?

it was an odd press conference, i still dont understand why the family retained a lawyer.

maybe it has something to do with things that they did not make public.

having a hard time thinking of anything it could be tho.

There is so much information they have learned that we only know the surface of. I am sure it was advised they hire an attorney not to mention the "friends" they have dealt with who were with her when she went missing. The family has had issues with them from day one.

So would any insights/clues come from looking up arrest records for McClellanville for the past several months? Can't be that long of a list with such a small population.
The population of 350 people only refers to the tiny area within town limits. There is a much larger population spread out in small communities settled 200 +years ago along the coast and within or near the National Forest. Much poverty, some houses without running water even. Traditionally, livings were made farming or on the water; in more recent times long commutes by bus to work at hotels in Myrtle Beach or other service jobs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Prayers for all Brittanee's family.

Whoever is involved, and FBI seems to know there is more than one person, well, time's up! Either you roll on them, or they roll on you! By the details someone is already talking, OK PERPS, you don't know who is talking! Is it the one you're sitting beside now? The one you're going to lunch with tomorrow? The person you are driving with to work? The person at the gas station? Heat is on. FBI doesn't play around.

My daughter went to the beach a few years ago, she called me that evening with a terrible sun burn and wanted to know what to do. She had went with a friend and that friend's parents. Guess what? The parents left her at the hotel ALONE to go out to eat!!! You just never know what someone else is going to do....

The friend's that went there with Brittanee, are they saying anything recently? Why refuse to help all you can if the worse you did was have an argument or Brittanee left to party without you? I don't get it. Never have. Never will. Never will understand how M.Harrington's friends just left her outside, alone, with no car keys, and stayed inside enjoying the concert when M's Dad had paid for the tickets! SMH. Then drove her car away, so even if M had been able to come back to the car, it was gone!!

Kids, don't trust friends! Most are only out for themselves and what they can get from you!

it was an odd press conference, i still dont understand why the family retained a lawyer.

maybe it has something to do with things that they did not make public.

having a hard time thinking of anything it could be tho.

Maybe they were angry when they found out that LE had been holding information back from them. And they were thinking about taking legal action against LE, or at least wanted to know their rights to be kept informed and wanted someone to advocate for them.

The parents seem to have completely accepted the fact that their daughter is no longer alive... They must have been told something pretty compelling to extinguish any last glimmer of hope. I have read about other cases where remains were found but were unable to be identified by DNA, eg if the body was burned and only bone fragments were recovered. Or maybe an informant told LE that Brittanee was held in a certain place and they found her blood there...

I can't imagine that someone's word would be enough to make LE and Brittanee's parents so certain that she is deceased... The informant or informants could be lying, after all. I think there must be something more. If not blood or remains, maybe CCTV footage... Or a photo or video of Brittanee's body.

South fishy, I like the way you think. The perp/s responsible for BD's heinous murder will likely have an escalating criminal record with multiple misdemeanors beginning at a young age, imo. Since the CA speed freak killers of the 1980s, another very important common denominator involved in horrific predatory homicides where a duration of torture is involved is methamphetamine activity. Imo, chronic meth abuse creates psychopathic personalities. It is unlikely that BD was their first unsuspecting victim, nor their last, imo..

Maybe they were angry when they found out that LE had been holding information back from them. And they were thinking about taking legal action against LE, or at least wanted to know their rights to be kept informed and wanted someone to advocate for them.

The parents seem to have completely accepted the fact that their daughter is no longer alive... They must have been told something pretty compelling to extinguish any last glimmer of hope. I have read about other cases where remains were found but were unable to be identified by DNA, eg if the body was burned and only bone fragments were recovered. Or maybe an informant told LE that Brittanee was held in a certain place and they found her blood there...

I can't imagine that someone's word would be enough to make LE and Brittanee's parents so certain that she is deceased... The informant or informants could be lying, after all. I think there must be something more. If not blood or remains, maybe CCTV footage... Or a photo or video of Brittanee's body.

BBM. I think that what you say here has the highest probability of being true. While they very well could have burned her, if they had found bone fragments, I think they would have told the Drexels this (no matter how painful) and that DD wouldn't have been begging for assistance in finding Brittanee's remains. However, I DO think that they have found evidence that she was killed in a brutal and torturous manner and I'm leaning toward that evidence being a large amount of blood -- probably cleaned up, but we all know DNA evidence remains no matter how much scrubbing you do.

I don't think they have found photos/video of Brittanee's body, but I've got no real reason for thinking that other than that if they had found the images then I think they'd currently have enough evidence to make an arrest. In other words, who would possibly possess these images but also not have enough (what's the word I'm looking for here?) to arrest the perp?

All of that said, I think it's probable that someone spoke who actually saw Brittanee being held or knows someone who saw her. Additionally, it sounds like LE searched the location she was being held and verified through DNA evidence that she was there. Lastly, it also sounds like they know the location where she was killed and that they can surmise - from evidence - that the killing was brutal and that they *might not* find her remains at all. I think that's probably the reason they are not looking for her as much as looking for info on the suspects (with the exception of her family, who that is to be expected from).

Also - who picked up on when they said that it's possible that Brittanee was removed from the area? I wonder if they have evidence for this or if the are just assuming based on the fact that they haven't found her yet. This is another statement they made which causes me to believe they haven't found any of her remains yet.

I am not convinced they have physical evidence if her murder occurred in a structure or on a property,mainly because that would require a warrant and/or would have generated chitter chatter in the local community. Even a search in bushland would surely have generated online discussion from curious locals. And of course end up on social media. I am guessing a witness statement and electronic evidence, like cellphone tracking, possibly texts?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

I am not convinced they have physical evidence if her murder occurred in a structure or on a property,mainly because that would require a warrant and/or would have generated chitter chatter in the local community. Even a search in bushland would surely have generated online discussion from curious locals. And of course end up on social media. I am guessing a witness statement and electronic evidence, like cellphone tracking, possibly texts?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Do we think it's possible they found this evidence at Corner Loop hence the multiple "hits" from the cadaver dogs? They stated that they've known for "some time" that Brittanee had been killed. IIRC, that search was a couple years ago. This particular search did generate media interest however we never heard what came of it. Thoughts?

I searched on FB about Britanee, and there is a lawyer Erin Bailey who is willing to represent any witnesses for free in the event he/she may feel intimidated.

Folks of McClelleanville area, since I'm pretty sure you've stopped by before:

Law enforcement is not saying that they THINK someone has info on this case and they would like them to volunteer their tips.

They are saying that they KNOW someone does and they are saying that they KNOW who you are. They're giving you ample time to come forward with what you know before they come for you. You will get in a lot less trouble if you go straight to the authorities with your information. Stop protecting your useless family members and friends. Their lives are going no where anyway (except right to jail)! And same with yours if you don't speak!

Folks of McClelleanville area, since I'm pretty sure you've stopped by before:

Law enforcement is not saying that they THINK someone has info on this case and they would like them to volunteer their tips.

They are saying that they KNOW someone does and they are saying that they KNOW who you are. They're giving you ample time to come forward with what you know before they come for you. You will get in a lot less trouble if you go straight to the authorities with your information. Stop protecting your useless family members and friends. Their lives are going no where anyway (except right to jail)! And same with yours if you don't speak!

I wish they had said that at the press conference.

I knew in my heart that Brittanee most likely was not alive. There was a glimmer of hope though. Now that hope is gone. I can't stop thinking about that poor girl being held against her will and what might have happened to her during that time.

Rest in peace Brittanee and know that so many people, that you didn't even know, love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat