Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! The family member that spoke out and said we need help is Britt's dad, Chad Drexel, I'm pretty sure. So sad for them, it's gut wrenching to think she was alive when her mom first started looking and they have been looking for seven years.

I lost it at that point during the press conference. It was so heartbreaking!

This case has always reminded me of sweet Holly Bobo. A beautiful girl being taken by force...hard to think of how horrifying the circumstances were for them. :sigh:

I'm not sure she was taken by force, the FBI seemed to allude to that fact that she was held against her will at the end, but may have been there willingly at first. It's very strange.

I know! I'm trying to figure out what the wording might mean. He also said Brittanee "did leave the Myrtle Beach area" instead of taken, or abducted, or kidnapped. I just can't wrap my head around WHO she would have willingly left the area with, or more importantly, WHY she would. She clearly didn't leave alone on foot, and she didn't have access to a vehicle. Maybe she was initially told that they (whoever they are) were going somewhere else? But, I still think LE would have said 'taken' or maybe 'lured', if that were the case.

I can't remember. Who was the college student she was allegedly with at a hotel the night before? The person came forward with the video like a year later and Brittanee is seen sitting on the bed texting and then later on the balcony, I think.

BBM And why did she suddenly stop texting and using her phone if she were willingly traveling??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

There seems to be a good deal of certainty when they mention BD was there for several days and subsequently killed.

Makes me wonder if they stating that because 1) Her phone continued to ping towers in that general area for a few days or 2) They received a tip or tips that seemed credible enough that it happened that way.

Personally, based on the tone and wording within the presser, I think they received several credible leads as to what happened and maybe even who did it, but the problem is they don't have anything strong enough to generate an arrest or even a warrant.

Then tough thing with small town crime in many cases is that a lot of people are related to each other, a lot of folks run in the same social circles. Word gets out you "snitched" and then there's trouble. So obviously there might be plenty of information to be had, people might just be scared to share it and attach their name to it.

BBM: I think you are correct in that people are afraid of the people involved with the murder of Brittanee. No one is going to snitch because they are afraid of retaliation.

As I said earlier, I don't for a minute believe she went willingly to McClellanville...She was snatched off the street and taken there forcibly. I'd bet my life on it.

Thank-you to everyone for keeping us updated about the press conference and to the awesome person who transcribed the whole thing. Cujenn I think. That was so nice of you to do.

I have a question as to why the FBI did not disclose to Brittanee's parents until yesterday that Brittanee was dead. The statement from the press conference said they wanted the parents to continue to have hope and only just recently decided to tell them the truth. If I were the parents, I would be really mad about this. It was their right to know as soon as the FBI had confirmation that Brittanee was dead. Yes, maybe they had hope she was still alive somewhere, but even worse for them to think she was alive and perhaps being tortured and mistreated. I would want to know the truth immediately. Am I alone in this, or does anyone else think that was an overly paternalistic decision by the FBI?

I read the transcribed presser (thanks again Cujenn!) and noticed that the only person that mentioned Britt's remains was Dawn. Why didn't LE ask for help finding them? Do you think that's something they know and are keeping from the family? Maybe they know the location but haven't retrieved them, just mulling this press conference in my mind. Lots to digest.

Can't post the link yet just on Rochester news.. It should be up later on 13 wham. Website is www.13wham.com

Chad was interviewed said Brittanee was held for 5 days was alive through Wednesday disappeared on Saturday. RRRRRRRRRRGH why couldn't someone have rescued her. They knew who the prime suspects were even then...Chad also said they are so close to getting last piece of info this is almost over at least in charging someone I hope they find Brittanee's remains her parents want to finally bring her home.

ETA: I saw an article earlier today that was since removed said BD was tortured and violently killed. I was at work and couldn't get the link to here quick enough.

Thank-you to everyone for keeping us updated about the press conference and to the awesome person who transcribed the whole thing. Cujenn I think. That was so nice of you to do.

I have a question as to why the FBI did not disclose to Brittanee's parents until yesterday that Brittanee was dead. The statement from the press conference said they wanted the parents to continue to have hope and only just recently decided to tell them the truth. If I were the parents, I would be really mad about this. It was their right to know as soon as the FBI had confirmation that Brittanee was dead. Yes, maybe they had hope she was still alive somewhere, but even worse for them to think she was alive and perhaps being tortured and mistreated. I would want to know the truth immediately. Am I alone in this, or does anyone else think that was an overly paternalistic decision by the FBI?

I think it's a tricky line to toe... they probably didn't have enough evidence to conclusively state that Brittanee was dead, but I think they very strongly suggested that this was the likeliest possibility. I imagine the parents were very resistant to the idea so they didn't push it until they felt they were truly positive.

My understanding is that investigators cannot state that someone is not alive until they know it for a fact. Do we know that investigators knew for some time that she was not alive, or did they just learn this information in the last five days?

Can't post the link yet just on Rochester news.. It should be up later on 13 wham. Website is www.13wham.com

Chad was interviewed said Brittanee was held for 5 days was alive through Wednesday disappeared on Saturday. RRRRRRRRRRGH why couldn't someone have rescued her. They knew who the prime suspects were even then...

ETA: I saw an article earlier today that was since removed said BD was tortured and violently killed. I was at work and couldn't get the link to here quick enough.

Did he say that they knew who the prime suspects were then? That's messed up.

I know! I'm trying to figure out what the wording might mean. He also said Brittanee "did leave the Myrtle Beach area" instead of taken, or abducted, or kidnapped. I just can't wrap my head around WHO she would have willingly left the area with, or more importantly, WHY she would. She clearly didn't leave alone on foot, and she didn't have access to a vehicle. Maybe she was initially told that they (whoever they are) were going somewhere else? But, I still think LE would have said 'taken' or maybe 'lured', if that were the case.

I can't remember. Who was the college student she was allegedly with at a hotel the night before? The person came forward with the video like a year later and Brittanee is seen sitting on the bed texting and then later on the balcony, I think.

It's probably just LE being cautious about their wording. If they don't know for a fact she was abducted or lured or whatever, they'll use the broadest phrase.

Chad was interviewed said Brittanee was held for 5 days was alive through Wednesday disappeared on Saturday. RRRRRRRRRRGH why couldn't someone have rescued her. They knew who the prime suspects were even then...Chad also said they are so close to getting last piece of info this is almost over at least in charging someone I hope they find Brittanee's remains her parents want to finally bring her home.

I read this earlier today. Held against her will for several days before she was killed ... I don't think there is any question that she was tortured and violently killed over that time.

"David Thomas, a special agent in charge with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, said that officials believe Brittanee Drexel was held against her will in the McClellanville area for several days before she was killed. Officers would not say whether the remains of Drexel were ever found or exactly why they believe she is no longer alive."

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article82525472.html

They informed her before the one year mark.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/brittan...m-appalled-police-think-her-daughter-is-dead/

I read this earlier today. Held against her will for several days before she was killed ... I don't think there is any question that she was tortured and violently killed over that time.

"David Thomas, a special agent in charge with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, said that officials believe Brittanee Drexel was held against her will in the McClellanville area for several days before she was killed. Officers would not say whether the remains of Drexel were ever found or exactly why they believe she is no longer alive."

BBM. Wait...

what??

What kind of people live in this area for them to keep this quiet for so many years? Did they assume that she was a runaway who wouldn't be missed until her disappearance hit the news, and was she then killed because it was too dangerous to keep her alive?

“We do know that Brittanee was in this community for several days. It wasn’t just a one-time passing through so by being here for several days other people came in contact with her, saw her, knew that she was here so we know that there is information in the community here,” Thomas said, asking anyone with even the smallest detail to come forward."

Ginny Ryan ‏@ginnyryan 23m23 minutes ago

Brittanee Drexel's dad tells me tonight the FBI says she was alive from the Saturday pm she disappeared until Wed. Held against her will.

https://twitter.com/ginnyryan

BBM. Wait...

what??

I haven't followed this case for years, but I'm assuming that someone in the community has come forward to reveal what happened to Brittanee, and investigators need more people to come forward to corroborate what they now know.

Refusing to comment on whether the remains have been found might mean that they have found some evidence of her, but not enough - for example, some bodies are burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jgouth