Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the missing persons report was filed (IIRC) in the middle of the night on the 25th into the 26th. When was it first reported on? IDK.

I'm curious about that. I'm wondering if the reason she was seen by others was because no one knew she was missing, once the reports of her missing came out she became a real liability. Maybe it was all fun and games until her mom started the campaign to find her. She was a minor, what could they do with her?

Thank you LLLindsay! Great seeing you and everyone. I've been keeping up via WS and Britt's FB page, not much time to sleuth or comment the past couple of years but I am here and will be until Brittanee is found and returned to her parents.

maybe someone with a better memory than mine will chime in on this alleged party. I could be totally misremembering.

Was Brittanee taken the day after she arrived in MB as was stated in the presser? I thought they had already been there a few days.

Not sure. I thought she was there for a little longer also. IIRC they went to Club Kryptonite the night they arrived. I don't recall any other 'party'.

What are LE like in the town in question? I am talking about local LE. Has there ever been any question surrounding their performance--not in this or any investigation--but rather, their reputation for upholding the law, keeping the peace, not being in cahoots with shady types. I am not accusing, just curious about this as I am unfamiliar with the area and the public servants in charge there. I am only asking because there have been situations where no one talked because someone within LE or a family member of such person was involved. I am talking cover-up by LE.

Again, this is just a question not an accusation, asked only because such a thing is not unheard of.

A town that small may depend on the county for police support, particularly any kind of investigations. Possibly they have no police department at all.

I'm not saying this is related (in fact these people would have been pretty young in 2009 anyway), but it just goes to show this type of activity in the area.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20160114/PC16/160119615/1006&source=RSS

I wonder if Brittanee wasn't initially taken for trafficking purposes and then killed when investigators were getting too close...

I remember when MB officials denied sex trafficking was a problem in the area after Brittanee disappeared. We all thought it was because of almighty tourism dollars which may be true. But sounds like this T family has been on the LE radar for quite some time. At least since one of the T's was arrested for attempted abduction of the young woman in the area where Britt was last seen. The arrestee was cleared when video was found of him at a convenience store in Georgetown or somewhere south of MB. He drove a 'rape van' as we referred to it, IIRC.

Not sure. I thought she was there for a little longer also. IIRC they went to Club Kryptonite the night they arrived. I don't recall any other 'party'.

A town that small may depend on the county for police support, particularly any kind of investigations. Possibly they have no police department at all.

Whoever provides LE services in the area in question would be considered local LE. Also, prosecutors and judges sometimes have issues, or family members with issues, where they do things they shouldn't be doing.

This is a question I have had for a while but never wanted to put it forth in a public forum because when you post something in your own words it can be misinterpreted by those reading from other areas where specific words/phrases are not used or mean something else. I do not want to look accusatory toward LE but I have to say, I am in a small rural area and there is corruption here among those in charge. Not huge or glaring, but when it comes to protecting their own, some will stop at nothing to do that.

It's just a question I always have in situations where you know someone has to know but no one utters a peep either to protect or out of fear of retaliation. But retaliation can come from LE or court officials; it's not always the perps being the ones to fear.

I think I can post this article as it mentions Brittanee's investigation and Sheriff Canon is quoted.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20100730/PC1602/307309950

This county needs a better prosecutor. Where is Kelly Siegler?
Based on this article, I would not be at all surprised if the killing of Shannon McConaughey and that of Brittanee are related. Lots of "coincidences" there

Post #364 on this link pulls together a comprehensive review of articles: ETA: the article links seem to all be expired, but there is still good info on that post

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-14/page25

Currently there are 16 members logged in & 65 guests. I wish the guest would join us, membership is free. It's always good to have more input.

I was digging around what was happening in the few days before Brittanee was murdered. This lead in the Georgetown County area (I assume) was investigated on Tues. April the 29th and the next day she was murdered.

Update: She is now listed as an Endangered Runaway at the NCMEC. Is it because she was in Myrtle Beach without permission or is she now considered missing because she ran away while there? NY teen still missing after Myrtle Beach spring break
Myrtle Beach Police say they’re working with SLED and other agencies on several leads, but they aren’t speculating. NewsChannel 15 confirmed the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Department assisted Myrtle Beach in investigating one lead on Tuesday, though they wouldn’t elaborate.

Cpt. David Knipes with Myrtle Beach Police Department couldn’t answer many specifics on Tuesday but said they aren’t ruling anything out.

“Until you actually have a person and know they’re OK, you can’t rule anything out. You know, it could be anything from being a runaway to an abduction. We just don’t know right now,” said Knipes.

https://missingchild.wordpress.com/tag/brittanee-marie-drexel/

Even though we have been brought back together due to yesterday's awful news, it is nice to see some familiar faces here back from the start of all this in 2009 (waltzingmatilda & Mlatta! I hope MBLover checks in too!). MLatta.....did you make it to the press conference yesterday?

Actually, wm and I must be on same wavelength because I was thinking today about the party that some of the friends went to the night Britt went missing. I can't remember which group went to party though...was it PB and his group, or JO and the girls Britt was with? The reason I was thinking about the party is because I think it's significant that FBI yesterday said Britt "traveled" to McC, not that she was brought there. And also that she was held against her will for a "portion of the time". Am I reading too much into the word choice? idk but use of those words says to me that she went there voluntarily at first. Or she thought she was going somewhere else (possibly a party?) at first and that's how whoever got her into vehicle? Was it ever confirmed that the other Roc kids actually were seen at a party?

I know I probably sound like a broken record, but I really believe PB and/or the other girls are somehow involved, maybe tangentially. They either introduced her to someone, or at the least they have an inkling of who may be responsible and haven't shared that info. Someone here posted today DD theory that Britt was brought to Kryptonite VIP area to showcase her or show her off to someone. I think this is a very viable theory. Don't forget, the owner of Kryptonite also owned clubs in Roc that PB worked for. Also, DD would know better than anyone based on her interactions (or I should say non-interactions) with the kids that were in MB with Britt. Could PB have contacted someone when Britt left his room to say she was walking, alone? Was the text from JO to return shorts a set-up with PB giving someone the heads-up on Britts location? Or did they get her in car on pretense they were going to party and then brought her to McC?

I am listening to radio now and they are playing a news report from McC where reporter says he asked 15 people around town questions and no one would go on camera, and say they live there because they don't want to be in the spotlight and that they feel bad for Drexel family but just want everyone to just go away and it's a close knit community and they simply do not want to get involved. WTF??? Wow, just wow. This really sounds like an uphill battle for LE.

One thing I want to point out is DD now having an attorney. I have seen a number of posts, and even some news/radio reports, that the "family" hired this attorney. The family didn't hire him, DD did. He represents DD, and he has clearly stated that. I know there are some newer members posting here that probably haven't read all 7 years of materials so don't know the family dynamic. CD and DD were separated and in the process of divorcing when Britt went missing. There's a clear split in the family....DD and her parents CUE center, and then the Drexel family.

Another thing I am wondering is what happened to Steph Watts? He went down to MB for press conference but he hasn't posted a word since Tuesday night when he said the family came out of their FBI briefing looking "grim." Since then, nothing, although I haven't looked at his sites since this morning. Seems kinda weird to me. I think the fact that DD, her attorney, and SW have gone totally silent is telling. I think that the FBI knows way way more than what was released yesterday and that they told DD everything they know, mainly because of her statement yesterday and there is no way, no how that DD would give up the search and say her daughter wasn't coming home otherwise.

I just got back in town last night and read this on FB trending so of course I immediately came here. I am just sick about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Drexel family.

I am going out on a limb here and relying on memory from early in this case so consider this asrumor. Does anyone else remember chatter early on about a party that members of the group Brittanee was with attending a party thrown by some kids from a HS or community college south of MB before she disappeared? This alleged party was the first thing I thought of when I read that more than one person knows what happened to Britt. The person(s) who took her after she left Bluewater could have been someone she met at that alleged party if she was there. Perhaps they delivered illegal substance to the guys at bluewater and laid in wait for Britt to return to her hotel after being sent by the girls to pick up their half of the purchase.

Please somebody chime in if you recall this discussion and details. Possible aquisition of drugs were discussed. More than one person having knowledge of what happened just wreaks of something wild young men would do.

My gut tells me that the alleged party to the south the group allegedly attended may play a pivotal role in what happened to Britt. I never felt the group she was with did anything to her but that they knew or at least suspected by association due to possible aquisition of drugs. All my speculation and opinion.

I agree with the person upthread who suggested searching arrest records in the three counties involved and the municipalities. Sound like someone may have been arrested for a felony and is talking in hopes of gettting a reduced sentence. It may be a futile effort though since authorities said they have known this information for awhile it would be difficult to pin down a date. Heck I would go so far as to check for criminal and arrest records for members of the Chili group.

I wish I had time on my hands to sleuth like I did once upon a time. But the important thing is somebody's talking and for that I am grateful. My prayer is that Brittanee and the Angels will shine a light which leads to her remains so that her family can mourn properly, give her a proper burial and also celebrate her short life here on Earth. She exuded a beautiful spirit like no other.

MOO

OMG!! I am so glad you said this..I remember!! Me and my daughter were talking about this yesterday. I've been kicking it around in my head if I wanted to bring that up here or not. And part of me wants to dig through all the threads to find it. But as you I don't have the time like i used too.

I don't think Brittannee left MB willingly with anyone. She was distracted and grabbed right off the sidewalk, similar to the Randa Massey attempt. Possibly by the same perps that took Crystal Soles and Shannon McConaughey. They arrested the wrong person in Randa's case, but possibly an associate.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...8-Andrews-24-Jan-2005&highlight=crystal+soles

http://wpde.com/news/crime/arrest-made-in-botched-boulevard-abduction

http://www.wect.com/story/15127076/attempted-abduction-along-ocean-blvd-keeps-police-guessing

Thanks RocNYchick and Autumndreams. It's great hearing from both of you and I am glad everone is still here for our Britt. I am also glad to know that others recallll the discussion and I am not delusional.

Check out day 4 on this blog.
http://answersforbrittaneedrexel.blogspot.com/2013/05/day-4-brittanee-really-is-missing.html?m=1

It's been awhile since I've looked at all the threads, so hopefully this link is allowed.

Also the YouTube video I referenced earlier with most of this information (and more) didn't a WS member make this video? (Or did I make that up in my head?)
https://youtu.be/rV1ukinNaFo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
!
Awesome find shandram19! Police reports are included. Yaya

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...pearances-brittanee-drexel.html#ixzz1mg0parne

Myrtle Beach detectives said they believe Drexel was abducted as she walked the one-mile stretch of Ocean Boulevard between the two hotels. She may have been snatched off the street, Vella said, or willingly accepted a ride “from the wrong person.”

They also said Drexel was likely alive and with her phone when it gave off its last signal in Georgetown County.

So they knew that back in 2012? Could there have been other texts or calls that were never revealed to the public? Why did BD's friend head to MB and DD called within minutes of Brittanee's not returning a text? Also the girls packed up & moved hotels that night. They all seemed to immediately suspect that something bad had happened.

More details here:
Nancy Grace Mysteries: The Disappearance of Brittanee Drexel
Aired January 10, 2014 - 20:00 ET
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/10/ng.01.html

Long time lurker, first time poster to this thread. I am not as well versed in this case as many of you so I have a question-what do you make of LE's answer when asked in the press conference if anyone from the NY group was involved. LE didn't say No.
On one hand LE is appealing to locals to tell what they know. If this crime was committed by locals why wouldn't they clear the NY group publicly? RocNy's post above explains how the friends could have mingled with some locals to some degree.
Where is the Rochester group now? Have any of them been seen searching, helping Brittanee's family in the past few years? Sorry if that has been discussed recently but I don't see too much about them. I know the one guy left MB at 1 am the night Brittanee disappeared but I don't know much else concerning the group. The press conference leads us to believe local people are responsible but yet the friends haven't been cleared? What do you all think?

TY MysteryMaven.....I meant to address that in my post and forgot. I absolutely noticed their response to the NY bunch. he seemed careful in his response. I wasnt sure if everyone caught it cuz some of the streams yesterday it was hard to hear reporters questions. The reporter asked the question twice and he was a Roc reporter and I think thought his responses were carefully worded. I do not think they have been ruled out at all and maybe they are part of reason why DD retained lawyer? idk

I have not kept up with them recently. I did lookup PB and from what I gather he is still on Roc and was working as a real estate agent and had long term gf. If you look back at old threads there is a lot of stuff about the girls and how the acted when they came back to Roc. IIRC, they posted pics of trip with Britt in them, with nasty comments. I think they were taken down pretty quickly but people here saw them. Also I think JO brother, who was also on trip, was arrested a few years ago here in Roc for rape charge I think. i am not sure what the outcome of all that was. Someone here recently posted about some of the friends moving from Roc.

ETA...pls excuse typos and misspellings I freakin hate typing on ipad!!!

All it takes is for one person to talk. I'm sure that LE knows the weakest one to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member