Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought either it was someone in the Rochester group who harmed Brittanee OR abduction by a stranger. The press conference hints that it could be both which surprised me. Thank you to everyone here for all of their research! And especially transcribing the press conference. I am reading some interesting things online right now that sheds some light on the group she travelled with.

But how would Rochester group know the area 60 miles away

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Maybe it took all this time to test bone fragments for DNA. They may have even had to wait for technological advances before positively id'ing.

But I think "Corner Loop" is in Georgetown County - if something had been found in Georgetown, wouldn't LE from Georgetown have been included? Also - why was Berkeley County represented? Maybe they were sending a message to someone in that county?

There are many, many miles of roads like this (below) in Charleston/Berkeley Counties. You can't imagine how large the Francis Marion National Forest is! Brittanee could have been kept in an abandoned home or shack way back in the middle of nowhere. Squatting or even holding parties on land without the owners' knowledge is pretty common, if the owner doesn't live in the area. A property owner who just uses the land occasionally for hunting could have found something and called in LE and the media (and us) would have never heard about it.

View attachment 96318 View attachment 96319

North Charleston is in Berkeley County

I always thought either it was someone in the Rochester group who harmed Brittanee OR abduction by a stranger. The press conference hints that it could be both which surprised me. Thank you to everyone here for all of their research! And especially transcribing the press conference. I am reading some interesting things online right now that sheds some light on the group she travelled with.

There was info out at one time that the Rochester group ran in the same circles as the Thomas Bothers. I've always thought that it was a drug connection.

my opinion is , a stranger took her than the people she was with.

Long time lurker, first time poster to this thread. I am not as well versed in this case as many of you so I have a question-what do you make of LE's answer when asked in the press conference if anyone from the NY group was involved. LE didn't say No.
On one hand LE is appealing to locals to tell what they know. If this crime was committed by locals why wouldn't they clear the NY group publicly? RocNy's post above explains how the friends could have mingled with some locals to some degree.
Where is the Rochester group now? Have any of them been seen searching, helping Brittanee's family in the past few years? Sorry if that has been discussed recently but I don't see too much about them. I know the one guy left MB at 1 am the night Brittanee disappeared but I don't know much else concerning the group. The press conference leads us to believe local people are responsible but yet the friends haven't been cleared? What do you all think?

IMO it's extremely rare for LE to come out and clear people before anybody else has been charged.

I just got back in town last night and read this on FB trending so of course I immediately came here. I am just sick about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Drexel family.

I am going out on a limb here and relying on memory from early in this case so consider this asrumor. Does anyone else remember chatter early on about a party that members of the group Brittanee was with attending a party thrown by some kids from a HS or community college south of MB before she disappeared? This alleged party was the first thing I thought of when I read that more than one person knows what happened to Britt. The person(s) who took her after she left Bluewater could have been someone she met at that alleged party if she was there. Perhaps they delivered illegal substance to the guys at bluewater and laid in wait for Britt to return to her hotel after being sent by the girls to pick up their half of the purchase.

Please somebody chime in if you recall this discussion and details. Possible aquisition of drugs were discussed. More than one person having knowledge of what happened just wreaks of something wild young men would do.

My gut tells me that the alleged party to the south the group allegedly attended may play a pivotal role in what happened to Britt. I never felt the group she was with did anything to her but that they knew or at least suspected by association due to possible aquisition of drugs. All my speculation and opinion.

I agree with the person upthread who suggested searching arrest records in the three counties involved and the municipalities. Sound like someone may have been arrested for a felony and is talking in hopes of gettting a reduced sentence. It may be a futile effort though since authorities said they have known this information for awhile it would be difficult to pin down a date. Heck I would go so far as to check for criminal and arrest records for members of the Chili group.

I wish I had time on my hands to sleuth like I did once upon a time. But the important thing is somebody's talking and for that I am grateful. My prayer is that Brittanee and the Angels will shine a light which leads to her remains so that her family can mourn properly, give her a proper burial and also celebrate her short life here on Earth. She exuded a beautiful spirit like no other.

MOO

You and I remember the very same thing. I'm also guessing that the group from NY wanted to connect with the "friends" from 60 miles south for drugs for spring break. I've always thought that this group knows exactly who took Brittanee but didn't have the morals or conscience to help her but only to save their own butts.

There was info out at one time that the Rochester group ran in the same circles as the Thomas Bothers. I've always thought that it was a drug connection.

The Taylor brothers? I think there's a drug connection too and that may be why the girls and guys stories weren't exactly credible. They were scared they were going to get busted for that and probably angry that Britt "caused" all of this. I've been reading the first thread and you get a good idea that she was the outcast with the group she was staying with.

But how would Rochester group know the area 60 miles away

I can easily see where some of the group who have been to Myrtle Beach before knew who to call in order to score drugs for Spring Break. Probably made a call, found out there was a party near Georgetown, took off to go party and to score drugs, Easy Peasy.

I hate cases like these where the victim/victims were abducted, held captive, seen alive by people and later killed. jmo.

Also IIRC when Taylor was arrested for the attempted abduction after Britt went missing, there were links in the threads to some Topix posts that discussed him and his "associates" that alluded to other things too. I think he and his cohorts are probably ulimately responsible for Britts demise, but that PB and the others led her to them.....there is connection there somewhere.

Why would this be a drug related case, BD wasn't involved in drugs especially in Myrtle Beach. Seems more like a sexual assault crime and victim killed to hide identity.

Why would this be a drug related case, BD wasn't involved in drugs especially in Myrtle Beach. Seems more like a sexual assault crime and victim killed to hide identity.

I dont think they mean BD was into drugs, but that the people she was with were and used her as a "payment" or as a way to get drugs when they were in Myrtle.

OT question......is there a setting somewhere that I can change how long I stay logged into WS? It seems as if I dont post within a few minutes and I am logged out. Of course I only notice after I have typed a novel and hit the post button and I am not logged in anymore and poof long post gone! arrgh. Any help is appreciated!!!

OT question......is there a setting somewhere that I can change how long I stay logged into WS? It seems as if I dont post within a few minutes and I am logged out. Of course I only notice after I have typed a novel and hit the post button and I am not logged in anymore and poof long post gone! arrgh. Any help is appreciated!!!

That happens to me too! I don't know how to fix it but I always "select all" before I hit post. That way If I am logged out I can just paste what I had written instead of re-writing it

It was spring break so I'm sure there were parties & drugs at every hotel, no need to leave MB & go an hour away. I have read some vague innuendos that there are ties between the two groups, but I can't find anything even partway specific. Then there is still the problem of Brittanee leaving the hotel by herself & not making it to the next traffic cam & add-in she quit texting. I'm going with she was kidnapped off the street for the time being but maybe she met these other guys at the Kryptonite & they just happened to see her walking & she took a lift. IDK

Check 'keep me logged in' when you log in. otherwise you will be bumped off. Ask a Mod if you need help. They are listed at the bottom of this page, PM them if you need help. They sure helped me navigate my way around this place. :)

Just caught up reading. a few thoughts. I belong to a facebook group that had a petition going for pushing for action in Brittanee's disappearance. They were trying to get publicity for the case. I think this could be the reason the mother hired that particular attorney. She needed publicity to keep people looking for her daughter. This is my opinion only. That also leads me to think the family has been kept in the dark. Why would there be an online petition if they knew the case was still being worked.

Next I read a comment on a Timewarner news site that someone posted the reason they knew she was deceased was because brain matter was found and thru DNA they were able to link it to Brittanee. I have no knowledge of this or if it is even true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416