Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think they mean BD was into drugs, but that the people she was with were and used her as a "payment" or as a way to get drugs when they were in Myrtle.
So she may have been abducted to trade for drugs or debt owed for drugs. I am not so about that

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just caught up reading. a few thoughts. I belong to a facebook group that had a petition going for pushing for action in Brittanee's disappearance. They were trying to get publicity for the case. I think this could be the reason the mother hired that particular attorney. She needed publicity to keep people looking for her daughter. This is my opinion only. That also leads me to think the family has been kept in the dark. Why would there be an online petition if they knew the case was still being worked.

Next I read a comment on a Timewarner news site that someone posted the reason they knew she was deceased was because brain matter was found and thru DNA they were able to link it to Brittanee. I have no knowledge of this or if it is even true.

BBM - maybe they have found a vehicle she was in? Wouldn't that be enough for an arrest? That's a wow.

If the evidence was located in an abandoned building or if a property owner had found it and called it in, then no search warrant may have been needed. IMO evidence was found on property not linked to the perps. Very easily done in this extremely isolated area. Just go to Google maps and zoom in on the area between McClellanville and the Santee River.
This area is not one where you want your car to break down. I live an hour away from Myrtle Beach and my job required me to drive through this area at different times of the day and night. Just before McClellanville I would lose phone signal. Locals who worked with me would warn me not to stop for any reason because of a family who was total trouble and feared by everyone including LE. I was always a bit apprehensive when I had to travel late at night to head towards Wilmington, NC.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I don't want to sound too negative but this does sound a little like what happened during the "Yosemite Murders".

Three women disappeared from their motel room near Yosemite. One of their driver's licenses was found on the street of a nearby city. Near where it was found lived a group of drug using low life's who were well known to the local police.

The FBI did a "full press" on the group by investigating the group throughly and arresting some known associates on fairly minor charges ( welfare fraud, parole violation, drug procession etc.). They then offered them a deal: tell us what you know about the missing women and we will not only drop all charges but you get a cash reward. Naturally they got " strong statements" about the group abducting, holding and disposing of the women.

While the case was being readied to go before the grand jury, someone with no ties to the group was being questioned about another murder and volunteered a full confession and the location of the bodies. The group that the FBI had built up such a great case against was totally innocent; of those murders at least.

Moral: just because someone is talking doesn't mean they are telling the truth.

This area is not one where you want your car to break down. I live an hour away from Myrtle Beach and my job required me to drive through this area at different times of the day and night. Just before McClellanville I would lose phone signal. Locals who worked with me would warn me not to stop for any reason because of a family who was total trouble and feared by everyone including LE. I was always a bit apprehensive when I had to travel late at night to head towards Wilmington, NC.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

OMG I drive that all the time! Never heard about that family until this week. Thanks for the warning.

Check 'keep me logged in' when you log in. otherwise you will be bumped off. Ask a Mod if you need help. They are listed at the bottom of this page, PM them if you need help. They sure helped me navigate my way around this place. :)

Thanks but I dont see the keep me logged in option? Maybe cuz i am on ipad?

So she may have been abducted to trade for drugs or debt owed for drugs. I am not so about that

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

There was a lot of discussion about this theory in the earlier threads. People researched and thought that when JO asked her for the "shorts" that that was code word for a drug.

just my opinion, but other than being jerks, I don't think the people that brittanee went with to MB have anything to do with her being abducted and killed.

JMO again, but the most likely sanario is someone or a group of people saw her walking down the street by herself and decided to make a move and abduct her.

Thanks but I dont see the keep me logged in option? Maybe cuz i am on ipad?

Well don't feel badly, I am on a laptop and cannot find the mod names. The layout has changed since I was active several years ago.

just my opinion, but other than being jerks, I don't think the people that brittanee went with to MB have anything to do with her being abducted and killed.

JMO again, but the most likely sanario is someone or a group of people saw her walking down the street by herself and decided to make a move and abduct her.

I think they must have known something or why would some leave for home and some switch hotels? That is just bizarre.

The knowledge that she was killed on the Wednesday is so interesting.

Its just so specific.

Ok just looked up the possible Taylor brother suspects. I'm sure this has been mentioned but I do not have the energy to reread all 17 threads. Mccleanville has a population of 499. There is no way there could be any other suspects besides these original suspects. Obviously it's the Taylors they are zeroing in on here. They are from Mccleanville and they are linked to multiple abductions. Even Brits father has said over and over that in his heart he knows it's them.

The knowledge that she was killed on the Wednesday is so interesting.

Its just so specific.

Can you link me to where it says she was killed on that specific day? Clearly they have someone informing them of a specific time line that was a witness to something but can't give them the final nail in the coffin they need.

I dont think they mean BD was into drugs, but that the people she was with were and used her as a "payment" or as a way to get drugs when they were in Myrtle.

I don't think so. From everything I've read the Taylor's targeted victims when an opportunity presented itself. I feel she was likely pulled off the side of the road and they just happened to be driving by saw the chance and took it. I doubt she was their first victim or their last.

This is a great blog. I don't know who wrote it but it gives a great timeline. Thanks to whomever posted it earlier.

http://answersforbrittaneedrexel.blogspot.com/2013/04/day-2-last-video-taken-of-brittanee.html

"Day 2: Last Video taken of Brittanee

By the second day, what many people don't realize, is that Brittanee wasn't spending much time with the friends she traveled with. Those she was staying with were not being very nice to her and as a result Brittanee decided to go off with others for the rest of the trip. She would return to the hotel at night to sleep but otherwise she distanced herself from them as much as she could.

That night, a Friday night, Brittanee met a guy from out of town that was also in Myrtle Beach for Spring Break. It wasn't known until long after she disappeared, but once she was missing this young guy went to his local law enforcement with the information that he spent time with Brittanee Friday evening. During that time, he took a cell phone video of her. In the link below you will see media coverage with clips of the video, in addition to a still photo from it as well."

The video clip no longer loads

Can you link me to where it says she was killed on that specific day? Clearly they have someone informing them of a specific time line that was a witness to something but can't give them the final nail in the coffin they need.

Its earlier in the thread, my computer is being slow and I can't get back to the post, but BD's father has stated he was told that BD was kept alive for five days until the Wednesday.

I'm wondering if getting the attorney is finally what made LE tell the Drexels the facts. At the press conference they said they just decided yesterday to tell the family.

Maybe they were angry when they found out that LE had been holding information back from them. And they were thinking about taking legal action against LE, or at least wanted to know their rights to be kept informed and wanted someone to advocate for them.

The parents seem to have completely accepted the fact that their daughter is no longer alive... They must have been told something pretty compelling to extinguish any last glimmer of hope. I have read about other cases where remains were found but were unable to be identified by DNA, eg if the body was burned and only bone fragments were recovered. Or maybe an informant told LE that Brittanee was held in a certain place and they found her blood there...

I can't imagine that someone's word would be enough to make LE and Brittanee's parents so certain that she is deceased... The informant or informants could be lying, after all. I think there must be something more. If not blood or remains, maybe CCTV footage... Or a photo or video of Brittanee's body.

Several years ago around Christmas time, I hit a deer when it ran out in front of my car near McClellanville on my way back to Myrtle Beach from Charleston. I had just taken a friend of mine to the airport, so I was alone. Both my front windshield and driver's side window were shattered and my car was undrivable, so I had to pull off on the side of the road in BFE. This happened right in front of a house that I suspected drugs were being sold because people were constantly coming and going. I was on the phone with Geico as I waited for my parents to pick me up (it's like an hour drive from MB).

I was pretty terrified though. Every time a new person would pull up, they walked over to my car to see what was going on. Locking the doors wouldn't protect me because my windows were broken. After I got off the phone with Geico, I called the highway patrol. When the officer arrived, I asked him if he would mind just sitting in his patrol car and waiting until my parents got there because I didn't feel safe. He said he could only wait until he received another call, so I asked if he could just take me to the nearest gas station then... drop me off and I'd wait for my parents there. He said that wasn't an option because their only gas station closed 15 minutes later (at 8 pm!) He said he'd wait until he got another call but then he drove off like 5 minutes later. I've never been so scared in my life. It's very desolate out there.

Still catching up here but yes, and look what he was booked for attempted murder. Also I keep remembering right after her disappearance the interview with a Georgetown High School student. Locals do McClennesville children attend school in Georgetown?

Is the JRT on page 2 from the family that has been referenced here? If so, he would have been 16 and in high school at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb